[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Oakley on the money
Author Thread
edsonline
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #735
4/9/2005  1:32 PM
Did eveyone catch the interview with Oakley during the game? Basically he said they need to get the right pieces around Stephon and that not everyone needs to be a scorer, although my recap isn't doing him justice. NYK needs to target Ray Allen (shooter), Zach Randolph (low-post scorer), Ron Artest (awesome defender), and it hurts to say this - Kwame Brown (athletic big to run floor, rebound, block and alter shots). With the right coaching (Jackson, Larry Brown, Saunders/ assistants Aguirre and Glymph) he might finally get his act together.
trade Kurt for Kwame
sign and trade Jamal and JYD for Allen
trade Tim, Trevor, Suns pick for Artest and Bender
trade Penny, Mike, and Houston 2nd rounder for Randolph and Ratliff
use the MLE for Flip Murray
use the LLE or Disabled Exception (if we can get on for Houston) on Damon Stoudamire
use the lotto pick on Christ Taft
Marbury/Stoudamire
Allen/Murray
Artest/Rose
Randolph/Taylor
Brown/Taft
extras - Bender and Ratliff (or if Houston is still here he replaces Bender)
IL - Butler, Jackson, an undrafted rookie free agent sg/sf (or Bender if Houston doesn't retire)
scorers at 1, shooters at 2, defensive players at 3, low-post scorers at 4, athletic bigs/shot blockers at 5. Lot of talent but it should mesh well. And Brown and Taft might thrive on this type of team as there would be very little pressure on them, look at the other four positions.
NYk still has their 2 2006 first rounders so they can offer Detroit the Spurs pick for Larry Brown if he wants to coach here. If they get Jackson or Saunders or McMillan, they keep the pick.
AUTOADVERT
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
4/9/2005  1:43 PM
sigh. man, Oakley says they DO NOT NEED SCORERS and you propose a trade for THREE 20ppg scorers?????????????? (Artest, Randolph, Ray Allen).

¿ △ ?
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
4/9/2005  1:44 PM
I'm not going to make any commenets about roster moves, but rather the coach. Larry Brown is 65 years old and he has had some pretty bad health problems. hes going to command 5 years 30+mm for the dumb arse knicks and probably we d have to give up something we cant afford just to get him. this is a move by an idiot. Nate MCmillan, and up and coming coach who is a FA, who wont cost nearly what brown would cost, no barrier to entry for the coach, just offer him more than the cheap Sonics. As we have seen, a guy like Dantonio came in and now is going to be coach of the year. We dont ned Larry brown to sign a 30mm $ contract and then have to be in the hospital or out 5 times a year. we need a nate mcmillan--that would be my number 1 choice
I think 4 years 16mm$ with a team option for 5 will get it done
RIP Crushalot😞
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
4/9/2005  2:06 PM
i agree w/Oakley...we just need the type of role players who actually CARE when they're on the floor...no more of these gutless pukes like TT, Sweetney, Mo T, et al.

we need guys who play hard all the time coming off the bench...guys like Ruben Patterson, Dan Gadzuric, Chris Anderson, Lindsey Hunter...these aren't the types of star players who will carry a team no doubt, but i guarantee you they'll play w/heart & passion every night...if you can get that done, you have a very nice collection of role players to surround Marbury with...then you look to make that 1 big trade at the trade deadline to put your team over the top w/a big name guy...but until we unload some of these guys who play w/no heart, this team will always be an embarassment for this city.

[Edited by - TMS on 04/09/2005 14:07:01]
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
4/9/2005  2:10 PM
I love that plan.
The ray Allen trade seems a lil suspect to me though. I dont know if Seattle does it, but they get a hometown boyu and beast off the bench. They might need something else, but Id do it.

Zach randolph trade I'd do too assuming his knee is fine.

Kurt for Kwame is a go.

MLE on steven Hunter or Gadzuric first.

I dont think thats enough for Ron Artest.

LLE on a big, we don't need damon stoudamire, I'd rather pick a big guard from the nbdl, not a smaller older one.

If the stars aligned for us like that, it would be magical. Even without Ray Allen it would be special.

BTW Ron Atrest does average 20 ppg, but he isn't really a scorer as crazy as that sounds.

[Edited by - Killa4luv on 04/09/2005 14:12:44]
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
4/9/2005  2:22 PM
I'm sorry but Marbury isn't good enough to carry this team by himself. We need another star in the worst way. Preferably in the frontcourt because you can't win without scoring in the post. So we desperately need a Bogut, Randolph, Taft type. Or a a potential star like Gerald Green in the back court with Steph...then you could do what Seattle did and piece the frontcourt together.

Marbury is not Isiah Thomas. Thats the only team I can think of that is similar to what Oak is talking about but even they had Joe Dumars who was a heck of a lot better than Crawford.
Masterplan
Member: #362
4/9/2005  2:25 PM
Posted by TMS:

i agree w/Oakley...we just need the type of role players who actually CARE when they're on the floor...no more of these gutless pukes like TT, Sweetney, Mo T, et al.

we need guys who play hard all the time coming off the bench...guys like Ruben Patterson, Dan Gadzuric, Chris Anderson, Lindsey Hunter...these aren't the types of star players who will carry a team no doubt, but i guarantee you they'll play w/heart & passion every night...if you can get that done, you have a very nice collection of role players to surround Marbury with...then you look to make that 1 big trade at the trade deadline to put your team over the top w/a big name guy...but until we unload some of these guys who play w/no heart, this team will always be an embarassment for this city.

[Edited by - TMS on 04/09/2005 14:07:01]

i'm more with you than the guys who want a star-studded lineup, which by the way is full of head cases like artest, randolph, even marbury. that'll do wonders for our chemistry. we need to look for players to complement marbury and whoever else we keep around, not stars who want to be the big show themselves. if we can't get a legit star for our big expiring deals, not a flawed, overpaid, overhyped head case, we're better off letting them walk and replacing them with a hungry draftee or cheap signee.

i do like the kurt for kwame idea, though, if it can be done as close to straight up as possible.
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
4/9/2005  5:11 PM
I saw that oak interview and I also agree, but getting ray allen, artest and randolph is not the answer, all those guys need the ball in their hands.. The knicks probably will get a starter or two in the draft and hopefully ariza becomes a starter one day, but the knicks need pieces that fit, and they don't have to be starters they could be reserves that get a lot of minutes, guys like patterson, earl watson, matt harpring, guys who play defense and are efficient offensive scorers, therefore leaving more shots to the star players, but we do need another star player and hopefully the draft can address that..
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
4/9/2005  6:07 PM
Posted by tkf:

I saw that oak interview and I also agree, but getting ray allen, artest and randolph is not the answer, all those guys need the ball in their hands.. The knicks probably will get a starter or two in the draft and hopefully ariza becomes a starter one day, but the knicks need pieces that fit, and they don't have to be starters they could be reserves that get a lot of minutes, guys like patterson, earl watson, matt harpring, guys who play defense and are efficient offensive scorers, therefore leaving more shots to the star players, but we do need another star player and hopefully the draft can address that..

amen, preferably a starter who can block shots and rebound.
¿ △ ?
Oakley on the money

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy