[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

ok... who in this draft speaks Spanglish?
Author Thread
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
4/8/2005  1:09 PM
Looks like this is more than just scouting for Isiah's next trip to Euro. If he's interviewing a Spanish coach I would say there is a good chance he's got someone specific in mind.

Think about it. He gives someone over there a guarentee and to boot he hires them a Spanish assistant coach to smooth the transition.

http://www.elimpulso.com/Pages/VerNoticia.asp?fp=4/8/2005&id=14300

The coach boricua July Bull, technical director of Guaiqueríes of Margarita, was of return to the city of Barquisimeto after two years, but in this occasion with the mind put in its professional commitments in Venezuela, with the national selection of Puerto Rico and possible candidate to direct to the New York Knicks in the NBA.

Bull, who was joined with Guaros of Lara in the first of change of 2003 next to its countryman Manolo Cintrón, has a new challenge with Guaiqueríes, a very different team al that directed in the years 90 and that al carried it championship in 1997.

“Always to come to Venezuela is a flavor for my. Sure that this team that have now is different al of the 90, but always to be in a championship is a crossroads for any coach, is a challenge”, July said Bull who carried al national quintet from Venezuela to the Olympic Games of Barcelona 92.

The puerto rican is in a select group of coaches in Venezuela, he accumulates to date 343 encounters directed, with 197 cattle and 146 routs. He has pair of titles in the Professional League of Basketball with Trotamundos of Carabobo (1994) and Guaiqueríes of Margarita (1997).

With relation to the changes that has carried out the League with the step of the years, he said that all they are positive because they cannot be stopped in an only format and rules, therefore the beating of many players.

July Bull signed a contract to the 2008 as technical director of his country and is sign candidate to direct in the NBA. “The team of new York asked a my curriculum to the League and when we be of tour in the United States for the month of July, I will have an interview with them, so the opportunities are open” he emphasized.

Always it is a privilege for the national basketball to have among its rows to coaches as July Bull, of a lot of experience and willing to take the challenges that be necessary.

“The teams of basketball have always problems, of have it not, would be very bored to direct”.

Ok.. thats a pretty lame translation but you get the idea. Venz is South America. Does this have a Splitter sound? Fran Vazquez? Someone else? Ideas?
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
AUTOADVERT
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
4/8/2005  1:40 PM
if Isiah drafts a foreign player ahead of Bogut, Green & Taft he better know what he is doing because if we wind up with another Skita, podskline, radojevic, Weis while those other guys are tearing up the league in their first year the way Amare & Wade did I'm going to give up on this Knicks organization! He better scout these guys just as hard as he's scouting the foreign players. I hope he doesn't have this notion thst foreign is better! When inreality Dirk, Pau, peja & Illgaukus are few and far inbetween
crzymdups
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #671
USA
4/8/2005  1:43 PM
I would not be very bored if to have Splitter.
¿ △ ?
crzymdups
USA
4/8/2005  1:45 PM
Posted by gunsnewing:

if Isiah drafts a foreign player ahead of Bogut, Green & Taft he better know what he is doing because if we wind up with another Skita, podskline, radojevic, Weis while those other guys are tearing up the league in their first year the way Amare & Wade did I'm going to give up on this Knicks organization! He better scout these guys just as hard as he's scouting the foreign players. I hope he doesn't have this notion thst foreign is better! When inreality Dirk, Pau, peja & Illgaukus are few and far inbetween

agreed. and would you rather have Pau or Amare? I know who I would want. Shoot, even between Nene and Amare, I know who I want.

I think Splitter could be just what we need, but ONLY if Taft and Greene are off the board (and Bogut obv.).
¿ △ ?
gunsnewing
USA
4/8/2005  1:47 PM
Posted by crzymdups:
Posted by gunsnewing:

agreed. and would you rather have Pau or Amare? I know who I would want. Shoot, even between Nene and Amare, I know who I want.

I think Splitter could be just what we need, but ONLY if Taft and Greene are off the board (and Bogut obv.).

I wouldn't mind that at all if bogut, green & taft are gone
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
4/8/2005  1:52 PM
My little girls Dora the Explorer translation back pack indicates that Boots and tico are going to go over the Troll's bridge, past the icky sticky sand and on to Abuella's house for choclate chip cookies. But watch out for that Swiper the fox!

thats the best i could do.
RIP Crushalot😞
gunsnewing
USA
4/8/2005  1:56 PM
when dirk & co were drafting it was a time when only the elite foreign players come out. Now we are going over to Europe scouting everyone and their grandmother, players who aren't even that great in on their European teams! Meanwhile guys like Amare & Wade are slipping in the draft to teams who are less deserving. And teams like us who hsve a legitimate shot at a top 5 pick will waste the pick on a player who might be a total bust like a Tskitisvili or Darko(arguably over Carmelo) or another player who is years away from contributing to our current mess! all because of this notion that foreign is better!
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
4/8/2005  2:09 PM
with the chicago pre-draft camp another month away, there's no more recruiting to do now. college season is over and individual workouts can't begin yet, so zeke, AS HE SHOULD, is overseas doing some more scouting. it could very easily be for out 2nd #1 or #2 pick. what if he finds another ginobili/parker out there?

this is what he should be doing - going everywhere and looking under every stone to find some young talent. this is like the first thing in a while you can praise zeke about.
crzymdups
USA
4/8/2005  2:12 PM
I'm just worried that this July Bull fella is going to be the head coach next season. That would be interesting.
¿ △ ?
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
4/8/2005  2:14 PM
Isiah forgot to yell Swiper no Swiping when all these teams took him for a ride.

Maybe he's looking for Boots the monkey to give him some guidence.

Briggs... does she sing the songs too? If so dont worry, it usually only lasts 9 months or so. If want to teach her to play on the computer try this:
www.happycrappy.com/kids
These are my 4 year old's favorites all consolidated.

[Edited by - fishmike on 04/08/2005 14:15:20]
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
djsunyc
4/8/2005  2:14 PM
Posted by crzymdups:

I'm just worried that this July Bull fella is going to be the head coach next season. That would be interesting.

then we can really change the motto to "ALL BULL"
crzymdups
USA
4/8/2005  2:23 PM
His real name is Julio Toro, BTW. "July Bull" indeed.
¿ △ ?
djsunyc
4/8/2005  2:24 PM
Posted by fishmike:

Isiah forgot to yell Swiper no Swiping when all these teams took him for a ride.

Briggs... does she sing the songs too? If so dont worry, it usually only lasts 9 months or so. If want to teach her to play on the computer try this:
www.happycrappy.com/kids

and this is the post that started the downfall of ultimateknicks.com - the DORA post!!!
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
4/8/2005  3:25 PM
Posted by crzymdups:

His real name is Julio Toro, BTW. "July Bull" indeed.

Ha ha ha. Funniest thing I have seen today.
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
4/8/2005  3:30 PM
That July Bull translation is too funny...

Can't tell whether or not this guy is being interviewed as a scout or assistant...
dodger78
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #250
Germany
4/9/2005  8:37 AM

Posted by gunsnewing:

when dirk & co were drafting it was a time when only the elite foreign players come out. Now we are going over to Europe scouting everyone and their grandmother, players who aren't even that great in on their European teams! Meanwhile guys like Amare & Wade are slipping in the draft to teams who are less deserving. And teams like us who hsve a legitimate shot at a top 5 pick will waste the pick on a player who might be a total bust like a Tskitisvili or Darko(arguably over Carmelo) or another player who is years away from contributing to our current mess! all because of this notion that foreign is better!

Thats not true by any means... in fact Dirk had done nothing major before he was drafted... he had no impact on the national team (in fact as far as i know he had not appeared in a single game back then!), he had nothing achieved in the german league other than promoting his team from the second league up to first... he had no international championship appearances!!!! That said... Dirk was just great scouting and a lot of luck he turned out to be such a player!!!!! But no way back then only the international elite came to the draft!!!
gunsnewing
USA
4/9/2005  8:47 AM
Posted by dodger78:

Posted by gunsnewing:

Thats not true by any means... in fact Dirk had done nothing major before he was drafted... he had no impact on the national team (in fact as far as i know he had not appeared in a single game back then!), he had nothing achieved in the german league other than promoting his team from the second league up to first... he had no international championship appearances!!!! That said... Dirk was just great scouting and a lot of luck he turned out to be such a player!!!!! But no way back then only the international elite came to the draft!!!

thats true but he must've still been an amazing player for Dallas to draft him after scouting him. Thats what I meant. Other guys like Pau and Yao dominated their leagues and the olympics. I don't think Splitter has been or will be as impressive as any of those guys but he could be a good player 5yrs from now but I'm not drafting him over the next Amare/Wade
daddynel
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #505
4/9/2005  5:44 PM
Posted by djsunyc:
Posted by fishmike:

www.happycrappy.com/kids

and this is the post that started the downfall of ultimateknicks.com - the DORA post!!!
yup, and i clicked on it.
thanks fish. i have child. she will like.
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
4/9/2005  6:56 PM
Like crazy said, his real name is Julio Toro and he was the coach of a very good team in PR that won a lot of championships and also the coach of the Puerto Rico National Team, remember them? Well, he is a very good coach so if he came here to be an assistant or something Im sure he would help. But that article is very weird because I have no Idea why would the Knicks neew this guy. Don't think there is a prospect in this draft that would need him to be with the Knicks. Maybe Detroit, with Carlos Arroyo, would need to contact him. But NY? Very weird...
Knicks_Fan
ok... who in this draft speaks Spanglish?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy