[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

What about Bill Lambeer as our coach???????
Author Thread
diderotn
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #650
USA
4/8/2005  12:22 PM
He is a bad boy, and Isiah would definitely have someone that could teach and enforce those young boys the bad boy doctrine. He is currently unemployed and in my opinion could be a very good coach in this league if offered the opportunity. Why not?????

It is time for N.Y.C to regain its identity....
The true Knickabocker..........
AUTOADVERT
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
4/8/2005  12:26 PM
how about Isiah take over himself then? why bring in Laimbeer who'll only be another puppet for Isiah? if you want a badboy, Isiah is your man...he was the leader of that team.

i don't want anyone to take over unless it's 1 of the big 3 (Riley, Jackson, Brown) or Isiah himself.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
islesfan
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #712
4/8/2005  12:26 PM
The only former player from those Detroit teams that I want to have any association with this team is Joe Dumars.
If it didn’t work in Phoenix with Nash and Stoutamire... it’s just not a winning formula. It’s an entertaining formula, but not a winning one. - Derek Harper talking about D'Antoni's System
diderotn
USA
4/8/2005  12:34 PM
Hey! there is a report out there that ownership may force Isiah to take over as coach...McHale is having a lot of success with Minesota, especially if they make the playoffs, Isiah may be asked to take over as coach...Especially if Jackson and Brown are totally out of the question....Isiah will try to draft a big man that he likes and most of all bring in players that he really think that he can coach, once he is sure of the guys that he has around, he may assume both roles.

Posted by TMS:

how about Isiah take over himself then? why bring in Laimbeer who'll only be another puppet for Isiah? if you want a badboy, Isiah is your man...he was the leader of that team.

i don't want anyone to take over unless it's 1 of the big 3 (Riley, Jackson, Brown) or Isiah himself.
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
4/8/2005  12:38 PM
Posted by TMS:

ditto... no more excuses. Its his mess or masterpiece. He can hire guys to do stuff like scouting. MSG has more $$$ than god. They were going to pay almost a billion $$$ to keep the Jets out of NYC. They can someone like Petrie, Walsh or whoever to take over the GM duties.

Isles is almost right about Dumars being the only one. We could always hire Rodman.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
diderotn
USA
4/8/2005  12:47 PM
So what are you saying???

ditto... no more excuses. Its his mess or masterpiece. He can hire guys to do stuff like scouting. MSG has more $$$ than god. They were going to pay almost a billion $$$ to keep the Jets out of NYC. They can someone like Petrie, Walsh or whoever to take over the GM duties.

Isles is almost right about Dumars being the only one. We could always hire Rodman.
[/quote]
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
4/8/2005  1:00 PM
I agree. the nexr knicks coach has to be a proven guy or Isiah himself. I'm so sick of this coaching instability. I'm sick of them losing 2games in a row and then stop playing hard for their coach as they wait for him to be fired. Then a new coach comes in and they play hard the nlose 2 in a row again and the same cycle occurs. With a guy like Phil Jackson you are going to have to bust ass every single minute of the game! Because when Phil Jackson tells you to bust your ass you know he's not kidding! You know he knows what it takes to win. Its Phil Jackson or bust. Either get Phil or blow up this gazy team!
simrud
Member: #474
USA
4/8/2005  1:12 PM
I say we get somebody who can whip this buch of loosers into shape. Somebody who will treat them like they deserve it, as in treat the players like they are crap untill they actually play hard. Get an enforcer type guy, I don't care if they don't listen to him, give him 100% power, and let him suspend guys, and cut them if need be.

I'm tired of this loosing bums with no heart or effort, we need soembody who can bully them into playing harder.

Too bady it's prolly not possible in the NBA unless you get Riley, Pops, or someone really repsected like that.
A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
diderotn
USA
4/8/2005  1:19 PM
You know what? I am tired of seing Phil goes to team and assume the same roster, add a piece or two, and suddenly he turns them into a championship. Most of all I am tired of him getting the credit for a house that was already build
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
4/8/2005  1:20 PM
Posted by islesfan:

The only former player from those Detroit teams that I want to have any association with this team is Joe Dumars.

I want John Salley. He'd give the funniest post-game interviews ever.
TMS
USA
4/8/2005  1:21 PM
Posted by diderotn:

You know what? I am tired of seing Phil goes to team and assume the same roster, add a piece or two, and suddenly he turns them into a championship. Most of all I am tired of him getting the credit for a house that was already build

well, you won't have to worry about that happening here because he'd have to do alot of work to this roster to get it to where he can lead them to an NBA title.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
4/8/2005  1:26 PM
Bill Lambeer would be the perfect coach for this team- he has experience coaching women. If he can get girls to play defence and win a championship, maybe he can do the same here!
diderotn
USA
4/8/2005  1:29 PM
Especially the trio of Marb, Craw, and TT:)) they play defense like girls

Posted by franco12:

Bill Lambeer would be the perfect coach for this team- he has experience coaching women. If he can get girls to play defence and win a championship, maybe he can do the same here!
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
4/8/2005  3:34 PM
Here's a legitimate question. Is whoever Isiah brings in to coach here going to have to keep Isiah's assistants (Glymph, Aguirre, Suhr)? I have a hard time believing Phil Jax or Flip would want those guys with them...they'd want their own guys.
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
4/8/2005  3:38 PM
simple...we'll have 6 assistant coaches fighting for frontcourt seats
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
4/8/2005  4:16 PM
Posted by TMS:

I'd add Flip Saunders and Paul Silas to that list.
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
4/8/2005  4:17 PM
if dolan had balls, after the $200 mil spent, he should tell isiah to coach the team. you put it together, now coach these scrubs.
TMS
USA
4/8/2005  4:19 PM
Posted by Killa4luv:
Posted by TMS:

I'd add Flip Saunders and Paul Silas to that list.

the ONLY way i would want someone like Paul Silas on this team is if Lebron James was coming over with him.

as for Flip, that could very well be a possibility:

http://www.nypost.com/sports/knicks/44097.htm

With a chance to give Williams a supportive statement, Marbury declined. Many Knicks have talked about hoping Williams returns. When asked his thoughts on Williams' status, Marbury said, "To be honest, I haven't given it any thought. It's been difficult enough."

Asked if the seven-game losing streak will damage his chances, Williams said, "Maybe, maybe not. I'm not sure. We'll just let it happen when it happens." Marbury has indicated his love for unemployed Flip Saunders. . . .
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
4/8/2005  8:46 PM
Yep tms thats the way losers talk, god knows steph and Jc have gotten more coach's fired. then any star i know.
ES
TMS
USA
4/8/2005  9:33 PM
Posted by knicks1248:

Yep tms thats the way losers talk, god knows steph and Jc have gotten more coach's fired. then any star i know.

jason kidd might beat both those guys out.
What about Bill Lambeer as our coach???????

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy