Ideas on how to bring fire and aggressiveness to the team
Author Thread
teslawlo
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #699
USA
4/7/2005  11:27 PM
First, let me start off with an excerpt from the AP recap of tonight's game:

The Kidd play that everyone will remember came with 5:27 to go and the Nets clinging to a 99-91 lead. They had led by 27 points in the third quarter.

With Stephon Marbury dribbling the ball near midcourt and Kidd guarding him, Williams came out 30 feet from the basket and set a late screen. Kidd ran into it and shoved Williams to the court, drawing a technical foul.

Jamal Crawford made the free throw to cut the lead to seven, but Kidd responded by hitting a 17-foot jumper and a 3-pointer to put the game out of reach.

Kidd downplayed the incident.

``I don't get excited about playing them any more,'' Kidd said of the Knicks. ``They're just another bad team. I don't get excited playing bad teams.''

Read over Kidd's comment again. Obviously, as fans, we all look to seek the time where Kidd would be physically bruised and probably headbutted the next time the knicks played the nets back in the days when the knicks actually cared about who they were playing for and the uniforms they put on.
So, now I'm open to ideas on how you would make this team try every single night. Would it be something as drastic as trading away all talent and signing the CBA all-star squad? They would definitely play their hearts out for a place in the NBA... or is it stuff like bringing in veterans such as Malik Rose, even if they have huge contracts attached, and hoping they become the leaders of the team? I would watch every game enjoyably in every single upcoming losing season if I could observe that at least the Knicks tried their best every night.
So what do we have to do?
http://allknicks.com
AUTOADVERT
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
4/7/2005  11:32 PM
The sad thing about kidd and his dumb wife beating azz is that the nets are also a bad team, but I agree, I would not put up with his BS,kidd should of been bust in his chops long ago, looong ago, the knicks are soft as baby bowels, no heart what so ever, I mean if I were steph I would step to kidd, in his face, steph is the knicks best player, take a stand man, god it angers me to the utmost to see scalabrine drive down the lane, dunk over KT and run down the court flexing looking like bozo the clown... These knicks have no nutsacs... none what so ever!!
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
4/7/2005  11:37 PM
J Kidd was peod. he wanted to fight, of course he would dig it in there at the end
the comment is pointless it means nothing. we need a fresh start next year with a solid draft and a couple of SMART acquistions.
RIP Crushalot😞
crzymdups
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #671
USA
4/7/2005  11:39 PM
What do you think this team did from the first day of the season up until Reggie's last game at the Garden? They tried their butts off. Why do you think so many of the losses were so close and heartbreaking? Because these guys gave a crap all season.

They. Just. Do. Not. Have. The. Talent. To. Compete.

They need talent.
¿ △ ?
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
4/8/2005  1:22 AM

get rid of the gutless pukes: TT, Mo T, Sweetney, Penny
get more guys like JYD, who was practically the ONLY guy showing any semblence of heart tonight.

the Nets were totally embarassing these guys & the only guy who decided to make a statement was JYD, both w/the hard pick on Kidd & on the hard foul on Vince as he tried to penetrate for the dunk when the game was well in hand for the Nets late...i would rather have a team full of JYD's than this current disgraceful collection of gutless pukes anyday.

sorry for my venting, but everytime the Knicks get so utterly embarassed by the Nets & i have to see those jackoffs laughing & smiling while their teammates are dunking all over the Knicks at will, i feel like punching a hole through my wall.

in the end, i'm happy they lost tonight because we're chasing the lottery pick, but it still ticks me off to see these guys play w/no emotion (except for that short run they had in the 4th quarter that was spurred on by JYD & Crawford)
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
SKY
Member: #687
USA
4/8/2005  2:34 AM
Bring in either Saddam Hussein or Kim Jong Il as the new owner of the Knicks. I bet the players won't like being tortured/incarcerated for losing games...

[Edited by - sky on 04/08/2005 03:23:00]
TMS
USA
4/8/2005  9:37 AM
here's Jason Kidd's entire comments (thanks to bballfreak of the Zone)
When asked if he still gets fired up to play the Knicks, Kidd said, "I did when I first got here, but it doesn't excite me anymore."

Kidd, who had 28 points, 10 rebounds and 12 assists for is seventh triple-double of the season and 28th in four seasons with the Nets, was asked why.

"It's just another bad team, that's why," Kidd said. "I don't get excited for bad teams."

The Knicks (29-45) lost their eighth straight game, a season high, and are one defeat or one Philadelphia victory from being eliminated from playoff contention.

Including last season's first-round playoff sweep, the Nets are 8-2 against the Knicks since they acquired Marbury from Phoenix on Jan. 5, 2004. The Nets are 3-1 against the Knicks this season and 3-0 since Marbury made his remarks.

When asked if he felt satisfied with the Nets' performance, Kidd, who tied a season high with 28 points, said: "No. It's just New York. Why would we be satisfied with beating New York? We've done it 19 or 20 times now."

Referring to the Knicks' status in the metropolitan area, Kidd said: "They're second place. They're behind us. So get excited? No."

wow...that is really just showing no semblence of class whatsoever...i mean you dominated the team, why go to the extent of bashing them like that?

Marbury got alot of flack for his "best PG in the NBA" proclamation, but it will be interesting to see if Jason Kidd gets any flack for this...my gut feeling is the Knicks won't do jack about it...

gutless pukes.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/8/2005  9:56 AM
I don't blame the nets. They have been second class status even when they win. Knicks don't deserve any respect. Kid beat on them and you can do it when you don't respect your opponent.

The knicks let them be disrespected. Last years playoffs and this years team has not heart.

But don't blame the nets, they did their job. Kidd may not be the nicest guy but on the court he'll rip your heart out, show it to you, and they eat it!

This is what Max money dudes are supposed to do! Its their job! The gutless pukes are (not all) the Knicks.

THis team is a complete failure. Now either we get a coach that can coach these guys or players that can be coached!

It was one thing when "laydens" boys took that lashing from Spree and did nothing, but that team is long gone. Isish INTENDED to get some tough guys out there, but they are not! Same old same old.

Good luck Isiah, we truly wish you well. The nice thing is this team can really not get much worse, so most of it should be looking better in the future.
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
4/8/2005  10:03 AM
It was so obvious after last night's game that none of the Knicks play with pride or heart. Sure Stephon and KT player harder than TT and Sweetney but is that saying much? I hate this Knick team. I cannot stand to watch a single game this season. They ruined my winter.

I say its time Isiah starts to looks for trades involving Marbury. There has to be a change at the top. Maybe he needs players around him that will play with heart but something drastic needs to be done. I cannot stand that faggot PG across the river calling the Knicks a bad team when his team isnt even in the playoffs. Look at your own team dood, u are a loser too. YOU PLAY FOR A BAD TEAM BITCH!
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/8/2005  10:23 AM

The nets are playing despite being roster challanged. OUr team on paper is far better than them.

To answer the question aobut fire and agressiveness, it comes from confidence which comes from chemstry and playing together. Get that, you start winning. Winners don't accept losing. Kidd is carrying that team and does not accept losing. Our guys, especially Marbs does accept losing.

I respect the spunk of the Nets.
TMS
USA
4/8/2005  10:39 AM
i respect the Nets spirit, but Kidd's comments are just punkish to be honest...no need to outwardly disrespect another team like that in the papers, even if personally you don't respect them...just like Marbury's comments were ill advised, so were these.
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
4/8/2005  4:04 PM
So what do we have to do?
shock collars
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
TMS
USA
4/8/2005  4:14 PM
how about some testosterone injections instead...these guys need to grow some balls.
rojasmas
Member: #639
4/8/2005  9:32 PM
J Kidd can suck an egg! If he had any balls he would have gone West and not signed a new contract with the Nets since he doesn't really want to be here anyhow. His punk ass Joe Cool BS wears thin and he ain't won diddly squat either. Does he really believe his wife would be with him if he didn't make millions? Get over yourself. Go practice your foul shots with your moonhead kid.
We could be the Dallas Mavs of the East.
Bobby
Member: #408
USA
4/8/2005  10:09 PM
getting back to kidd, you knew this was going to happen.....so stop your denial process. kidd just answered starbury's claim to who is really the best pg in the league. star got schooled. dahhh...... dont get your feelings hurt when nets find a way to bitch slap knicks again. it called rivalry and knicks will have a hard time trying to match nets. lucky for new york, jefferson was not playing. and you want ideas how to bring fire and aggressiveness to this team?.......lets start having a little new york pride before trying to do anything
"Like they always say, New York is the Mecca of basketball,"I read that in Michael Jordan books my whole life and I played here in the Big East tournament, so it's always fun to play in the Mecca of basketball."---Rip Hamilton
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
4/8/2005  11:54 PM
Posted by Bobby:

kidd just answered starbury's claim to who is really the best pg in the league. star got schooled. dahhh...... dont get your feelings hurt when nets find a way to bitch slap knicks again.
Wait a second, this guy no matter how much of a good PG he is, called the Knicks a bad team! What, and his team is playing for something? His team is out of the playoffs too! How many more rings does he have? If this guy had beef with Stephon, he should have said something about Stephon. Just like rojasmas said, "he aint won diddly squat either". F him and his f'ing team. The Nets are bad too.
lets start having a little new york pride before trying to do anything
That I agree with. This team and the players really need to play with some freaking pride. If anyone heard the Dave Checkets interview with Mike and the Dog, you would agree he said it best. "There isnt a single player on that team that is proud to wear that Knick uniform. They dont know what it means to be a Knick. First play with pride, the real game will show.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
Bobby
Member: #408
USA
4/10/2005  12:32 AM
Posted by Silverfuel:
Posted by Bobby:

kidd just answered starbury's claim to who is really the best pg in the league. star got schooled. dahhh...... dont get your feelings hurt when nets find a way to bitch slap knicks again.
Wait a second, this guy no matter how much of a good PG he is, called the Knicks a bad team! What, and his team is playing for something? His team is out of the playoffs too! How many more rings does he have? If this guy had beef with Stephon, he should have said something about Stephon. Just like rojasmas said, "he aint won diddly squat either". F him and his f'ing team. The Nets are bad too.
lets start having a little new york pride before trying to do anything
That I agree with. This team and the players really need to play with some freaking pride. If anyone heard the Dave Checkets interview with Mike and the Dog, you would agree he said it best. "There isnt a single player on that team that is proud to wear that Knick uniform. They dont know what it means to be a Knick. First play with pride, the real game will show.

maybe zeke should be a little more selective who he lets wear the uniform
"Like they always say, New York is the Mecca of basketball,"I read that in Michael Jordan books my whole life and I played here in the Big East tournament, so it's always fun to play in the Mecca of basketball."---Rip Hamilton

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy