[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Please someone explain this to me, anyone
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
4/7/2005  11:14 PM
all of these tanking teams who are in the lottery are all playing their ENTIRE rosters and have put many high caliber vets on the iR or are sitting.

Tim Thomas goes down tonight finally with a knee problem he should've been out for 3 games ago.

Starbury wouldve had gone 48 minutes if he didnt have FT.
Crawford played 48 minutes

Ariza Sweetney Sundov and Butler got either nothing or a snippet.

the 6th pick means a great deal to this organization, we can get it and we have a chance to REALLy improve with it.

I can see only negatives from playing these guys overextended minutes at this point. Either Marbury Crawford or KT could get a bad injury. what if Marbury gets an injury and he is out until the middle of next year? Was it worth it pushing him 40 minutes in the last 8? If we win, andlose positioning, we potnetially lose a Chris taft or a Gerald Green. We get kudos for trying to win, it just hasnt happened.

They can say they want a change up--they want to change things up and give Sundov a start in the middle and 28 minutes they want to sit KT and give Butler 24 minutes. Put Starbury on IR with 5 games left with ankle tendititis and let Craw run the pg position for 35 minutes

Lets try to finish the season HEALTHY with the best draft position possible. winning a 2-3 games or even 4-5 games isnt going to do a DAM thing for next years season ticket base.

What will juice up the city is a hot draft and possibly swiping zach randolph and maybe cutino mobley

maybe, just maybe we can win that lottery, we can trade kT for a 14-15 and we can come into the season with a 7 footer in Bogut a back up PG like Felton a Jawad Williams with pick 30 and a nice back up C in Menendez from Niagra in the second round.

That would be

7-1 245 Bogut--20--1-2
6-1 200 Felton--21 -- 14
6-10 220 J Williams--22 29-30
6-9 245 J Menendez--23--53

that would be a REAL nice draft.

trade our ending contract and the Spurs pick next year to Portland for Zach

sign Cutino Mobley with the MLE.
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
Stevo718
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #559
4/7/2005  11:26 PM
OK I will...

if you start benching our starters fans will be even less inclined to attend games.

Bottom line is cash-money. Fill the seats at all costs.
BRIGGS
4/7/2005  11:32 PM
Posted by Stevo718:

OK I will...

if you start benching our starters fans will be even less inclined to attend games.

We have 4 games left that are primarily all sold out against Toronto, Atlanta, Chicago and Wash.

i will give you this advice. I was a season ticket holder as my dad was I stopped in 2001. I guarantee you that if I sat outside trying to sell my tickets RIGHT now for .50 on the dollar I wouldnt sell them. These game s mean nothing.

the person who puts a lot of money and a lot of time into the Knicks want a new FRESH product for next year and we dont need a freak injury to a star player right now. Get the drift? After the Chicago game, the arena will be half empty for the last 3 even with the tickets sold
RIP Crushalot😞
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
4/7/2005  11:33 PM
Posted by Stevo718:

OK I will...

they played on the road tonight.

I agree 100% Briggs. I hope being officially eliminated tomorrow night helps that sink in. They gain nothing by winning now. Nothing. For those that say it's important to finish strong in April to carry over to next season: both Phoenix and Seattle had losing Aprils last year and they seem to be doing fine.

This team needs TALENT at almost every position. The draft is the first and best way to aquire that talent. Let Marbury rest, dammit. He's played his ass off all year and he did the same thing last summer for the Olympics. LET HIM REST BEFORE HE GETS HURT.
¿ △ ?
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
4/7/2005  11:38 PM
The only explanation I can think of is that Isiah is giving Herb every opportunity to retain his job by getting as many wins as possible. If true, it's mindlessly short-sighted, but it fits with the abject stupidity that has guided this franchise under Jimmy Dolan.
tkf
Member: #87
4/7/2005  11:42 PM
Herb is trying to save his job, but what herb should realize is that if he starts or plays a lineup of Craw, ariza, sweetney, butler, and sundov a majority of the minutes and they play good teams close and still lose, herb looks good, he looks good by playing young guys and having them play well vs playoff bound teams. Right now he looks stupid getting smoked playing his vets 48 minutes a game!!!
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
BRIGGS
4/8/2005  12:11 AM
Posted by Rich:

The only explanation I can think of is that Isiah is giving Herb every opportunity to retain his job by getting as many wins as possible. If true, it's mindlessly short-sighted, but it fits with the abject stupidity that has guided this franchise under Jimmy Dolan.

I think this is a reasonable sentiment. It's officially over for Herb. He was a longshot who had a lot of OUR support, but it is over. In fact I see it being over for EVERYONE on the bench. Move Herb upstairs as assistant GM and hire Nate McMillan and let him pick his staff. Case closed. The herb Williams fan club portal has closed. herb for asss GM, coach of the SL team and help teach the new bigs.
RIP Crushalot😞
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
4/8/2005  12:20 AM
herbs done no matter what.
ES
SKY
Member: #687
USA
4/8/2005  3:16 AM
Yeah, I think Herb just wants to win no matter what, for his own job security. If this is the case, this is pathetic. He is not looking at the team's future but himself only. What kind of Head Coach material is that? Let him go, please.

What I don't get is that there obviously has been no order coming from Isiah to lose. This... I really can't explain.

If the NY Post is correct, he will be going to Europe for scouting trip. That's important and I'm glad he's doing this. But I'd say doing everything he can to secure the 6th position in the draft would be equally, if not more, important. And that is by shutting down injured players, limiting vets' mins, and playing youth - which we haven't seen.

Could it be a pride thing for Isiah? Is it that he can't let go of his ego and surrender to the fact that the team is better off losing? He's looking quite pathetic now. He must know this himself.

Or does he have enough confidence in making great off-season moves that he doesn't care about where we pick? Even if he has something big up his sleeve, it still doesn't make sense. Or is he trading the pick? Then why would he go on a scouting trip, right? (or maybe he IS going to see a babe...)

I wonder what NBA analysts/ex-players/GMs think of this whole situation...?

[Edited by - sky on 04/08/2005 03:20:30]
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
4/8/2005  7:28 AM
this is why I'm down on Isiah right now. He could change all this with a phone call. These last games arent saving Herb's job if the Knicks hold every team we play scoreless.

Every sport is the same. When your down 4 TDs you dont play your star QB in the 4th qtr.
EVERY team in the NBA (like Briggs said) is playing their whole roster.
Baseball teams out of the race play their Sep callups.

Not the Knicks... maybe if we played the kids getting blown out by a frontcourt of Scalaweenie, Collins and Krstic wouldnt be so humiliating
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
diderotn
Member: #650
USA
4/8/2005  7:47 AM
Actually, I am not mad at all with all of those highly paid dumb***es being on the court for long period of time. They didn't earn their paycheck at all this season, so a little humiliation is just what should be prescribed. They need to hear the boos, they need to hear the crowd expressing their anger. I just ask for one thing from Herb, please play the younger guys some minutes also, in my opinion, the starters should start the game and get the hell booed out of them in the first half and get replaced by the youngsters in the second half....that in my opinion is the way to instill some character in these millionaires...First half lineup should be: Marb, Crawf, TT, Sweetney, and Kurt Second half: Jackson, Ariza, JYD, Mo T, and JB.

Posted by fishmike:

this is why I'm down on Isiah right now. He could change all this with a phone call. These last games arent saving Herb's job if the Knicks hold every team we play scoreless.

Every sport is the same. When your down 4 TDs you dont play your star QB in the 4th qtr.

Not the Knicks... maybe if we played the kids getting blown out by a frontcourt of Scalaweenie, Collins and Krstic wouldnt be so humiliating
The true Knickabocker..........
fishmike
USA
4/8/2005  8:01 AM
if your goal is to send a message its better sent by sitting these guys for rookies and CBA players.
diderotn
Member: #650
USA
4/8/2005  8:03 AM
Nah my friend, when you do that you really defeat the purpose of punishing them. After all, they are still earning a pay check. Let them work their tail for it.

Posted by fishmike:

if your goal is to send a message its better sent by sitting these guys for rookies and CBA players.
The true Knickabocker..........
OldFan
Member: #446
4/8/2005  9:38 AM
Posted by SKY:

Yeah, I think Herb just wants to win no matter what, for his own job security. If this is the case, this is pathetic. He is not looking at the team's future but himself only. What kind of Head Coach material is that? Let him go, please.

[Edited by - sky on 04/08/2005 03:20:30]

This is totally unfair. Of course the guy wants to keep his job. Would you intentionally take an action that would get you fired from a job you wanted?

TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
4/8/2005  10:04 AM
Posted by fishmike:

at least it wouldn't be so humiliating to have your starters embarassed on the floor by the Nets everytime they play them.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Pharzeone
Alba Posts: 14
Member: #871
4/8/2005  10:13 AM
Posted by fishmike:

Fish, Isiah went to Herb and the media back in January and promised both that he would stay out of his way as far as coaching and to his credit he has. The media was killing him about how he interfere with Lenny but now you want him to step in. Like I said before you can judge Isiah on the players but how they are coach well that is Herb and his assistants.
I don't like to play bad rookies , I like to play good rookies - Mike D'Antoni
fishmike
USA
4/8/2005  10:28 AM
who's team is this? What are we playing for? Give me a break. Isiah doesnt want the media to be mad at him?

Please man.. lets see Herb play Marbury 42 minutes on the 2nd of b2b tonight. This is just what we need.
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
4/8/2005  10:33 AM
the SAD thing about the whole minutes issue is that the current crop of players getting big time minutes and still losing, ARE THE SAME CROP NEXT SEASON!!!
tkf
Member: #87
4/8/2005  11:52 AM
If Herb does not rest marbury tonight, I will only have to conclude that this is a Dolan call, because no way can IT and herb be this incompetent..
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
4/8/2005  12:25 PM
What teams are going that deep on their roster? In the Toronto area, all I here is fans complaining that their lottery pick gets little playing time (less than Ariza) and Bosh still gets 45 minutes. GS is playing Baron and killing their draft lottery chances.
Please someone explain this to me, anyone

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy