USA
4/2/2002  1:48 AM
1 Chicago - Jason Williams
2 Memphis - Yao Ming
3 Golden State - Qyntel Woods
4 Denver - Dajuan Wagner
5 Cleveland - Drew Gooden
6 Houston - Jared Jeffries or Caron Butler
7 NYK - Curtis Borchardt (anyone but Marcus)
8 Atlanta - Chris Marcus
9 Phoenix - Amare Stoudemire (to replace Googs)
10 Miami - Caron Butler or Jared Jeffries
AUTOADVERT
VG
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #68
Australia
4/2/2002  4:13 AM
I'd rather kill myself than see Layden pick the next Joel Przybilla with our lottery pick...
Caseloads
Member: #41
4/2/2002  8:46 AM
Posted by VG:

I'd rather kill myself than see Layden pick the next Joel Przybilla with our lottery pick...
I'd rather get Marcus than Curtis B!

Anyone agree?
DaKidd
Member: #209
USA
4/2/2002  10:53 AM
Posted by Caseloads:
Posted by VG:

I'd rather get Marcus than Curtis B!

Anyone agree?

I don't know .. Marcus seems to me like he's a Priest Lauderdale waiting to happen ..
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
4/2/2002  11:29 AM
Stoudemire has more potential then all of them, take him. Who cares what fits into the Knicks needs right now, they stink. Knicks aren't going to get one player in the draft and then turn around and sneak into the playoffs, that won't happen and if it did, it would hurt them because they wouldn't have the talent to win many series. Draft the player with the most potential, so in this case, it'd be Stoudemire. Keep in mind it's a lottery and the Knicks could move up a few spots and get the player they want in Wagner. I also still think Chicago is going to get Yao Ming if he's number one. It said on ESPN that Krause has been over to China the most out of any GM. And Denver could pick up Gooden in hopes that he could play small forward, and if they did that, Houston wouldn't want Wagner because they already have a player like him in Steve Francis. Houston might take a power forward like Amare Stoudemire, that'd be a nice 1 to 4 with Francis, Mobley, Griffin, and Stoudemire. That would mean Wagner would drop to 7 for the Knicks. And where is Chris Wilcox on that list? He should definitely be up there. Oh, one more thing. Today on Sportscenter Vitale said Jeffries should stay in school another year and bulk up. If you replace Jeffries with Wilcox you'd have an entirely different draft.

[Edited by - bigsm00th on 04/02/2002 11:34:34]
#Knickstaps
BigSm00th
USA
4/2/2002  11:40 AM
If Wilcox was there and Jeffries wasn't, you could have this:
1 Chicago - Yao Ming
2 Memphis - Jason Williams
4 Denver - Chris Wilcox (Possible that McDyess leaves and Howard is in the last years of his contract, thats why Vandeweghe traded for him)
5 Cleveland - Drew Gooden (finally someone for Andre Miller to pass to. Can play 3 and 4 which is good for them since they have so many holes. And couple that with all of their draft day blunders means that have to take a sure thing like Gooden.)
6 Houston - Amare Stoudemire
7 Knicks - Dajuan Wagner
8 Atlanta - Curtis Borchardt (could move Ratliff to 4, then they'd have Terry, Abdur-Rahim, Ratliff, and Borchardt as 2 to 5 with Kukoc off bench.)
9 Phoenix - Caron Butler or Chris Marcus(add another athlete in mold of Shawn Marion, have Starbury, Penny, Butler, Marion could play power or they could take Marcus and be destined to fail.)
10 Miami - Caron Butler or Chris Marcus (Riley adds somebody, anybody who can score since Eddie Jones just hasn't done it for him. Jones and Butler on the wings wouldn't be bad. Could take Marcus and have him and 'Zo play together, 'Zo is only 6 10 and could be moved to power forward, which would also relieve his body from all the banging with big centers.)
#Knickstaps
Caseloads
Member: #41
4/2/2002  11:56 AM
Posted by BigSm00th:

If Wilcox was there and Jeffries wasn't, you could have this:
1 Chicago - Yao Ming
2 Memphis - Jason Williams
4 Denver - Chris Wilcox (Possible that McDyess leaves and Howard is in the last years of his contract, thats why Vandeweghe traded for him)
5 Cleveland - Drew Gooden (finally someone for Andre Miller to pass to. Can play 3 and 4 which is good for them since they have so many holes. And couple that with all of their draft day blunders means that have to take a sure thing like Gooden.)
6 Houston - Amare Stoudemire
7 Knicks - Dajuan Wagner
8 Atlanta - Curtis Borchardt (could move Ratliff to 4, then they'd have Terry, Abdur-Rahim, Ratliff, and Borchardt as 2 to 5 with Kukoc off bench.)
9 Phoenix - Caron Butler or Chris Marcus(add another athlete in mold of Shawn Marion, have Starbury, Penny, Butler, Marion could play power or they could take Marcus and be destined to fail.)
10 Miami - Caron Butler or Chris Marcus (Riley adds somebody, anybody who can score since Eddie Jones just hasn't done it for him. Jones and Butler on the wings wouldn't be bad. Could take Marcus and have him and 'Zo play together, 'Zo is only 6 10 and could be moved to power forward, which would also relieve his body from all the banging with big centers.)
Banging with PFs in the League is worse than banging with Centers. Which centers are feared to bang with besides Shaq-Daddy? Answer me that.
DaKidd
USA
4/2/2002  12:36 PM
Posted by BigSm00th:

And where is Chris Wilcox on that list? He should definitely be up there. Oh, one more thing. Today on Sportscenter Vitale said Jeffries should stay in school another year and bulk up. If you replace Jeffries with Wilcox you'd have an entirely different draft.

Didn't Wilcox alrady state that he's staying for his Senior Year? I think the quote was, "It's already set" .. Which is the reason why I purposely left Wilcox out of the list ..

Jeffries, on the other hand, will apply for the Draft this year .. Vitale is a bunch of horse**** in my opinion .. He even said that Gooden should stay .. Jeffries is considering to jump to the NBA .. To quote him, "It's definitely a thought that's in my mind, but I'm just going to wait until the opportunity presents itself." .. He would be stupid not to come out being that his draft stock has risen ..

Houston could take him because I don't see Houston taking another PF in Stoudemire .. They already have 3 in Taylor, Griff, and Kenny Thomas so picking Stoudemire would be prepostorous .. Jeffries will be a nice fit for Houston because of his fundamentals ..

Either way, I'm comfortable with the fact that we have the opportunity to grab Wagner if he comes out ..
BigSm00th
USA
4/2/2002  1:21 PM
What I meant was Miami drafting a center would give Mourning a chance to pickup the easier assignment each night and not have to go 48 minutes each game going against the teams best post player. He neds some help down low, Brian Grant has done absolutely nothing. About Jeffries, I tend to agree, I think he'd be a moron to return and see his stock plummet. Houston does have two good PFs in Thomas and Taylor, but I think they were content with playing E-Griff @ 3 since he is a good shooter. I don't know, I just want to get Dajuan and was seeing how a draft would have to go if the Knicks would get him. Sorry for the confusion.
#Knickstaps
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
4/3/2002  12:32 AM
Guys...remember that Atlanta's pick goes to the Clippers if it is not in the top 3.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
DaKidd
USA
4/3/2002  12:50 AM
Posted by Andrew:

Guys...remember that Atlanta's pick goes to the Clippers if it is not in the top 3.

It does?!! Damn Clips!! Doesn't matter because they are going to pick a C anyway to become an insurance once Kandi ups his salary next season .. Chris Marcus would be a great fit, I can't see anyone in the Draft that the Clips want other than size ..

Although, I'd rather trade Camby for that pick so we could draft Wagner with our pick and draft Stoudemire as well .. Damn, with those players we're set for the future ..

C Thomas
PF Stoudemire
SF Sprewell
SG Houston
PG Wagner
VG
Member: #68
Australia
4/3/2002  3:38 AM
Posted by Andrew:

Will the Clippers really need 2 more lottery picks??? Let's try to steal one of them...
Explosive23
Member: #184
United Kingdom
4/3/2002  4:55 AM
Lol, Memphis having two players called Jason Williams :)
legal11
Member: #230
4/3/2002  7:55 AM
Houston or Spree for top 10 pick then Stoudemire and Butler-time to create a reasonable structure that fits together.
Draft Picks from 1-10 Pre-Arranged!!!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy