[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

More Snore: Nix Vs Pacer: Fairwell Reggie! Shtnd and cheer a worthy adversary!
Author Thread
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/4/2005  9:24 AM

Boy did I ever hate Reggie Miller! A true Knick Killer! If Allan did not sign his first contract as a free agent, the plane was going to Indy to sign Reggie! Reggie the Knick! That would have been very "steinbrennerish", sign the enemy in the off season!

Reggie killed us for years. He is/was ugly obnoxious, and our nemesis! But year after year you have to admire a worthy opponent and respect his body of work.

In the Garden, he put up some of the best performances of any visiting player, and his clutch play was epic.

I expect Knick fans to give him a standing ovation tomorrow nite in respect! Then boo his ass again when he gets the ball.

Favorite Starks moment: Head butting a yapping Miller!

"Cheers Reggie!", thanks for the memories, those bittersweet, and those when you championed your team to eclipse the moment! Also Kudos for not carpetbagging onto a championship ready team but instead stuck with the same teams in the twilight of your career and taking on a "role" instead of being the man! Many can learn from that!
AUTOADVERT
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
4/4/2005  9:25 AM
most clutch player I have ever seen
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
4/4/2005  9:26 AM
just 1 more "REGGIE SUCKS" chant for old times' sake.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
TMS
USA
4/4/2005  9:26 AM
Posted by fishmike:

not Michael Jordan?
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
4/4/2005  9:40 AM
One of my favorite moments in the Garden: when Reggie was in his early years on the Pacers, before he was "Reggie," he stepped up to the line. It was one of those quiet moments in the Garden. A guy sitting behind me, truly a leather-lung, bellows out, "Would somebody feed this guy?!?!"
SKY
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #687
USA
4/4/2005  10:47 AM
Posted by Nalod:

Boy did I ever hate Reggie Miller! A true Knick Killer! If Allan did not sign his first contract as a free agent, the plane was going to Indy to sign Reggie! Reggie the Knick! That would have been very "steinbrennerish", sign the enemy in the off season!

Reggie killed us for years. He is/was ugly obnoxious, and our nemesis! But year after year you have to admire a worthy opponent and respect his body of work.

In the Garden, he put up some of the best performances of any visiting player, and his clutch play was epic.

I expect Knick fans to give him a standing ovation tomorrow nite in respect! Then boo his ass again when he gets the ball.

Favorite Starks moment: Head butting a yapping Miller!

"Cheers Reggie!", thanks for the memories, those bittersweet, and those when you championed your team to eclipse the moment! Also Kudos for not carpetbagging onto a championship ready team but instead stuck with the same teams in the twilight of your career and taking on a "role" instead of being the man! Many can learn from that!

Very well said.

I too hated his guts...!!! A notorious trash-talker, obnoxious, and he just broke my heart again and again with his clutch 3s...

But you gotta respect him for his talent, skills, and heart. One thing I liked about him was that you could tell that he just loves playing basketball. He's not playing for money like a lot of other guys. He left everything on the court night in and night out. A great competitor and probably the best clutch shooter in the history of NBA, he was all about winning.

Thanks, Reggie, for the great memories and awesome games...! Salute!!!

http://www.indystar.com/library/factfiles/people/m/miller_reggie/reggie.html
TMS
USA
4/4/2005  11:15 AM
great memories? those are among the worst memories i've ever had as a sports fan...i respect the guy, but i'm glad he's retiring...don't let that door hit your butt on the way out Reg.
nykdunk
Member: #570
USA
4/4/2005  11:32 AM
Great player. He killed us so many times, but I still respect and admire him for the what he has been able to do. It wasn't just us that he destroyed. I still remember that 3 against Chicago. Plus his three against Philly. And the one against the Nets. Many more. All this in addition to the one's he's pulled on us. He's a helluva player who I dislike but admire. "Cheers" Reggie indeed!
fishmike
USA
4/4/2005  12:12 PM
Posted by TMS:
Posted by fishmike:

not Michael Jordan?
dont start..
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
4/4/2005  12:14 PM
Posted by TMS:

great memories? those are among the worst memories i've ever had as a sports fan...i respect the guy, but i'm glad he's retiring...don't let that door hit your butt on the way out Reg.

Yeah, I don't have many great memories of him, besides when he watched Patrick stand on the table, cheering b/c he was going to the finals, or him getting schooled by Allan Houston in '99, or him getting head butted by Starks. All the other memories, I can live w/o.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
fishmike
USA
4/4/2005  12:15 PM
I was at a game years ago against the Pacers. It was just after the Child punching Kobe "incident"

Right before the SSB there was a moment of silence for someone who had just died. Amid dead silence in the whole arena one yells out "CHILDS!!!! PUNCH MILLER!!!"

Man.. it was so tastless but pretty damn hard not to smile.
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
4/4/2005  2:15 PM
i met his wife one day. she was a model/actress. i forgot what her name was, something non-traditional, but she was BANGIN'. for all the old cats here, she was in the big daddy kane "i get the job done" video. she was the teacher that ripped off her shirt and swung her curly hair around.

when i met her, i played it off like i remember her from the video and some model pics (not as reggie's girl) and i got points for that. the story ends with me going home and playing "how's your father" with my girl palmella and her 5 sisters
TMS
USA
4/4/2005  3:42 PM
ROFL...you freak!
kam77
Alba Posts: 25
Member: #634
4/4/2005  8:57 PM
Posted by TMS:

I saw or read somewhere that Reggie's record against the Kicks - including playoffs: is something like 12-36... i assume it's correct.

So we actually owned Reggie and even that memorable series where he jabbed with Spike and beat us in that game at MSG... we WON that series.

I think we lost to IND twice in the nineties at most in a playoff series and we could've one one of those on a missed Ewing finger-roll.

Reggie did have a couple nice regular season games against us too, especially in the 4th Q ... but most of the time, the Knkicks have handled the Pacers..well.. handily.. So give him his respect, but let's not elevate him to "KNICK-KILLER" status so willingly, lest we anger the spirit of #23... now that guy OWNED us...

Reggie was a minor annoyance...kinda like the Little Brother who is always trying to beat big BRO and the one or two times he wins... it's made so memorable..

Calling Reggie a Knick-Killer is like calling the Res-Sox Yankee Killers cuz they had one shining moment..
lol @ being BANNED by Martin since 11/07/10 (for asking if Mr. Earl had a point). Really, Martin? C'mon. This is the internet. I've seen much worse on this site. By Earl himself. Drop the hypocrisy.
Bobby
Member: #408
USA
4/4/2005  10:15 PM
one of the true class acts in baskeball, reggie loved new york competition and the spike lee production glitz that usually accompanied the playoff run. the choke hold he gave new york while starks looked on in disbelief will live forever in knicks history and must be remembered as one of the most upsetting events ever in basketball playoffs. the only way to beat reggie was when the media stopped printing trash talk about reggie and it worked b/c reggie failed to answer allan. reggie also had great love for new york as evident with him donating/rasing over a 1/4 million dollars for 911

the city should extend some kind of token of appreciation
"Like they always say, New York is the Mecca of basketball,"I read that in Michael Jordan books my whole life and I played here in the Big East tournament, so it's always fun to play in the Mecca of basketball."---Rip Hamilton
TMS
USA
4/4/2005  10:39 PM
please, are you guys serious? what, you want to get down on all fours & kiss this guy's feet while you're at it? maybe Mayor Bloomberg can give Reggie the key to the city for a day?

why would you want to honor the guy who was your arch enemy throughout his career? show him respect, fine...maybe even a short round of applause, but let's not get carried away here guys...the city need to extend tokens to retiring members of the military, law enforcement, civil service, emergency services, medical personnel, etc., not to basketball players who were a royal pain in our arses for the past 18 years.
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
4/4/2005  10:42 PM
You've got to respect the guy for all he was able to do, but I am definately not going to miss him. Why do I get the feeling he'll get involved in a front office somewhere and continue to screw over this franchise?
It was a good run Reggie, but it's time to go back to the mothership. Have fun with the 3 tomorrow.
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
4/5/2005  12:17 AM
Man, I'm psyched to go to this game. Reggie deserves every bit of respect as a supreme competitor. I didn't fear him killing us as much as Jordan through the years, but Reggie was a close second - which in terms of pure talent is insane, but that's the kind of warrior Reggie was. Great, great player.

If I told you at the beginning of the year that the Pacers wouldn't have Artest for 70 games, O'neal for 40 games or Tinsley for 30 games and Reggie Miller would lead them to the playoffs anyway, would you have believed me? What if I told you we'd still have a worse record than them? Yeah, that's right, we suck.
¿ △ ?
SKY
Member: #687
USA
4/5/2005  2:26 AM
Posted by crzymdups:

Man, I'm psyched to go to this game. Reggie deserves every bit of respect as a supreme competitor. I didn't fear him killing us as much as Jordan through the years, but Reggie was a close second - which in terms of pure talent is insane, but that's the kind of warrior Reggie was. Great, great player.

If I told you at the beginning of the year that the Pacers wouldn't have Artest for 70 games, O'neal for 40 games or Tinsley for 30 games and Reggie Miller would lead them to the playoffs anyway, would you have believed me? What if I told you we'd still have a worse record than them? Yeah, that's right, we suck.

Yep, Reggie was one of the greats. And he was one of those players who made the games in the 90s exciting. He killed us, but he was a competior on the court and a class-act off the court.

As for the pacers, they are also without Bender. On the other hand, except for Houston, we are all healthy and we have a worse record than last year -- dead last in the Atlantic division. And the players on this team as a total are earning $100mm plus for their brilliant performance.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!

This team must possess the record for the worst investment/return(# of wins) ratio in the history of the NBA. That's gotta be something very hard to do! Well done, Isiah!!!!!
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
4/5/2005  6:54 AM
I don't know if anyone else saw it, but Reggie was actually on the Daily Show last night. It wasn't anything really big, basically just John saying that he liked Reggie as a player, and asked him what it was like to dunk, but it was pretty entertaining.
More Snore: Nix Vs Pacer: Fairwell Reggie! Shtnd and cheer a worthy adversary!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy