[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Does this administration really know what it wants???????
Author Thread
Pharzeone
Alba Posts: 14
Member: #871
4/1/2005  4:27 PM
Posted by djsunyc:

i agree with you. i think crawford is still learning and has come a long way. but he also signed a big contract so his ass should be held to the flames a little bit since he still is scared to play ANY type of defense. his shot selection has improved a little but man, has anything else?
[/quote]

Right and that's a coach's issue. That is where I put most on the blame on Isiah. Not for getting some of these guys but not looking this summer to upgrade the coach and the coaching staff. Isiah didn't do a proper due diligence with Lenny Wilkens. He just gave him a multi-year contract off what he did in the past. To me Crawford is a very good young talent who needs to be molded. I mean whether it is Jamal Crawford or Gerald Green someone below the level of GM has to be responsible for molding these guys. But I understand he is a rookie head coach, though.
I don't like to play bad rookies , I like to play good rookies - Mike D'Antoni
AUTOADVERT
Pharzeone
4/1/2005  4:37 PM
Posted by TMS:

instead of Josh Smith, who you guys know the Hawks would never trade, how about looking into acquiring Al Harrington? he's playing the SF position & it's clear they need to start clearing out some of that glut as they have Childress & Smith waiting in the wings making alot less money.

i would offer up Sweetney & our lottery pick protected to #5 for him...the Hawks are under the cap so this is a doable deal, isn't it?

C - KT / Butler
PF - Harrington / Rose / Mo T
SF - TT / Ariza / JYD
SG - Crawford / MLE fa or draft pick
PG - Marbury / Penny
They would want KT. Not the pick. And they would want to keep Harrington. They want to jettison these young guys. They don't want any more picks, they want veterans who would be willing to play here. These guys still complain about Mutumbo getting traded. They are still complaining about Mohammed, for crying outloud.
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
4/1/2005  4:49 PM
Posted by fishmike:

Harrington makes too much... we have to take back less salary. I would offer any combo of Rose, Mo, KT, Sweetney or JYD for Al.

Imagine having 5 PFs on your roster and you cant get a good deal for one of them. Man.. this will be an interesting offseason

fish, unless hoopshype has their figures wrong, he has an expiring contract next season

http://www.hoopshype.com/salaries/atlanta.htm

there's no way ATL would take on any of our veteran PF's who are signed beyond next season...it would have to be Sweetney & the lottery pick or else they could find better offers elsewhere i'm sure.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Pharzeone
4/1/2005  5:02 PM
Posted by TMS:
Posted by fishmike:

Harrington makes too much... we have to take back less salary. I would offer any combo of Rose, Mo, KT, Sweetney or JYD for Al.

Imagine having 5 PFs on your roster and you cant get a good deal for one of them. Man.. this will be an interesting offseason

fish, unless hoopshype has their figures wrong, he has an expiring contract next season

there's no way ATL would take on any of our veteran PF's who are signed beyond next season...it would have to be Sweetney & the lottery pick or else they could find better offers elsewhere i'm sure.
1) Dude, just because you on not high on your team's guy doesn't mean other GM and other team fans and media isn't. KT kills the Hawks everytime he plays team.
2) Second, Nique gets on the airwaves talking about veteran leadership. Why would a team that has been in the lottery for like the last 6 years want more of your lottery picks. They can get plenty of draft picks on their own. What they can't get are veterans willing to come here.
3) Third, Nique already admitted to trying acquire KT but Isiah turned him down. He wouldn't go into detail.
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
4/1/2005  5:10 PM
Posted by Pharzeone:
Posted by TMS:
Posted by fishmike:

1) Dude, just because you on not high on your team's guy doesn't mean other GM and other team fans and media isn't. KT kills the Hawks everytime he plays team.
2) Second, Nique gets on the airwaves talking about veteran leadership. Why would a team that has been in the lottery for like the last 6 years want more of your lottery picks. They can get plenty of draft picks on their own. What they can't get are veterans willing to come here.
3) Third, Nique already admitted to trying acquire KT but Isiah turned him down. He wouldn't go into detail.
WTF?!?! Something has to happen. If we could get Josh Smith AND keep our pick, it absolutely must happen.
Pharzeone
4/1/2005  5:27 PM
Posted by Killa4luv:
Posted by Pharzeone:
Posted by TMS:
Posted by fishmike:

WTF?!?! Something has to happen. If we could get Josh Smith AND keep our pick, it absolutely must happen.
Why are you guys high on Josh Smith. He hasn't brought anything to the Hawks. He is light years from being able to contribute to any team. He dunks and gets blocks. He also makes horrible turn overs, has no perimeter game to speak of, picks up silly fouls and is ball handling skills are highly questionable. This isn't Childress, we are talking about here. Please explain how Josh Smith will help the Knicks?
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
4/1/2005  5:55 PM
look Pharzeone, i've heard it all from fans like you who say every year how good a player KT is & how much the Knicks can get for him in trades...every year he's involved in trade rumors & every year nothing gets done...that tells me 1 of 2 things...either other teams aren't willing to give us good value for him in return, or other teams just aren't interested in him to begin with...either way, he's not as valuable as you & some others may seem to think he is...that's not me saying he's worthless or even that he's a bad player...i think he brings some good things to the table...but consider his age, the point he's at in his career, the trade kicker that takes effect if he's traded to another team AND the remaining years left on his deal, & i think it's very fair of me to say that we can't expect to get any good, young players in a trade for KT unless we threw in something else to sweeten the deal.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
4/1/2005  6:54 PM
if the Knicks bring in Phil everything in the organization will change for the better. Great players will want to come play for phil & isiah which will force the Knicks to stop taking on bad contracts that go past H20's
diderotn
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #650
USA
4/1/2005  8:32 PM
The Hawks want KT???????? please let them have him, and please get a pick with that trade. As far as I am concerned, they don't really need anymore rookies.
The true Knickabocker..........
Does this administration really know what it wants???????

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy