[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Does this administration really know what it wants???????
Author Thread
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
4/1/2005  12:10 PM
Posted by nykdunk:

This is where I blame the NBA system. When a team like us is pure crap and has no chance to make the playoffs, what are they to do? Start losing intentionally? Currently, the best loser will become the best winner. Surely that is not fair to teams that maintain integrity and try to win.

I agree 100%, that is why everyone in the lottery should have a equal chance to win the top pick..
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
AUTOADVERT
Pharzeone
Alba Posts: 14
Member: #871
4/1/2005  1:26 PM
Posted by TMS:

with the CURRENT roster the only coaches i want coaching them are Isiah or Herb.

there's no point in bringing in a high priced bigname coach if they can't upgrade this roster...what's the point?

Why, it's Dolan's money. If he wants to pay the Zen Master a boat load of money to have him back the Garden, and talking about Red, that his call. This logic that we should only bring in a big coach if we can land superstars is crazy. If the man wants to come here let him.
I don't like to play bad rookies , I like to play good rookies - Mike D'Antoni
Pharzeone
4/1/2005  1:40 PM
Posted by diderotn:

I wouldn't mind having Silas as our headcoach either...Herb is ok, and I can't blame him for what is going on, because he didn't have a trainging camp and he is mostly using the plays that are known from the Lenny's regime...Isiah will never coach N.Y., I don't think that he can handle the N.Y. media. He probably would have gotten arrested for punching one of the media guys out.

Posted by TMS:

with the CURRENT roster the only coaches i want coaching them are Isiah or Herb.

there's no point in bringing in a high priced bigname coach if they can't upgrade this roster...what's the point?

I don't understand how Herb gets a pass but the team, Lenny, or Isiah. It is this subjective type of blame that is troubling. Now we can't blame Herb because he didn't get a training camp with this team. LOL. Wasn't that Lenny's excuse. And it was legit he wasn't even on the team then but Herb's been with this organization for over 11 years. He was a coach for like 6 of those years. I sure Herb was allowed to coach these guys at any number of training camps during those 6 years. As far as I am concern he has to be at the top of the chain for blame or praise for how this develops, perform defensive drills and pratice.
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
4/1/2005  1:42 PM
Posted by tkf:
Posted by nykdunk:

This is where I blame the NBA system. When a team like us is pure crap and has no chance to make the playoffs, what are they to do? Start losing intentionally? Currently, the best loser will become the best winner. Surely that is not fair to teams that maintain integrity and try to win.

I agree 100%, that is why everyone in the lottery should have a equal chance to win the top pick..
why should the lead protect us from our own idiocy? Its like writing checks to crack heads then being mad at the bank for letting them cash them.

We trade draft picks for 5 years and take on every bad contract we can get our hands on and the NBA should do something for us? The lottery is in place to keep teams from tanking on purpose.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
diderotn
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #650
USA
4/1/2005  1:42 PM
I think that Isiah needs to take charge to tell you all the truth. yes, he works for Dolan, but when push come to shove, at the end he will be the one who is judged. He needs to assume his role as a GM and hires whomever he feels will fit his style of leadership. Can we win the championship with someone other than Phil? most definitely. However, the corelation of GM/COACH/AND STAR PLAYERS has to be good. I can honestly tell you why this will not be successful, it is because of two people: Houston and Kurt Thomas. Once those two are gone, Marburry will be able to force his will on the other guys. Until then, forget about it, because Marb may be the Captain, but when he is constantly overuled by Kurt and Houston, it causes nothing but a bigger issue. Leadership should not be undermine to be successful. However, Marb needs to do a much better job as a leader also. He can't go around and tell players like Crawf the opposite of what the coach is trying to implement. That was just one example.
The true Knickabocker..........
nykdunk
Member: #570
USA
4/1/2005  2:26 PM
Posted by fishmike:

We trade draft picks for 5 years and take on every bad contract we can get our hands on and the NBA should do something for us? The lottery is in place to keep teams from tanking on purpose.

Does it though? I don't think so! I agree that given the situation that we find ourselves in, the best thing to do is tank. I won't deny that this organization has been run very poorly. It's just odd that teams that intentionally try not to win can be so highly rewarded, and teams that always try to win are so badly punished.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
4/1/2005  2:30 PM
Posted by nykdunk:
Posted by fishmike:

Does it though? I don't think so!
I agree. Set it up so that each lottery team gets one ping pong ball and you solve the problem of tanking. Teams will actually go out and play to win like they're supposed to.
Pharzeone
4/1/2005  2:30 PM
Posted by fishmike:
Posted by tkf:
Posted by nykdunk:

why should the lead protect us from our own idiocy? Its like writing checks to crack heads then being mad at the bank for letting them cash them.

I agree with this. The Knicks have to get themselves out of this although the NBA is set up to put pressure on teams like the Knicks to right their own ship while it trys to protect the lesser teams. What the league should do though is limit the number of years you can appear in consecutive lotteries. That's abuse. If you think the Knicks are in a bad spot, just imagine if you rooted for the Hawks. I just relocated to Atlanta. They don't even have a plan in place.
diderotn
Member: #650
USA
4/1/2005  2:41 PM
But you have a few players that I would love to see in N.Y...Harrington, Smith, and the dude with the crazy hair...

I agree with this. The Knicks have to get themselves out of this although the NBA is set up to put pressure on teams like the Knicks to right their own ship while it trys to protect the lesser teams. What the league should do though is limit the number of years you can appear in consecutive lotteries. That's abuse. If you think the Knicks are in a bad spot, just imagine if you rooted for the Hawks. I just relocated to Atlanta. They don't even have a plan in place.
The true Knickabocker..........
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
4/1/2005  2:42 PM
Posted by Pharzeone:
Posted by fishmike:
Posted by tkf:
Posted by nykdunk:

No one's denying that the Knicks have to work their own way out. The issue is whether the league should have a draft lottery system that actually encourages tanking (like the current lottery does).
nykdunk
Member: #570
USA
4/1/2005  2:47 PM
The issue was actually whether Isiah knows what he wants to do. I brought up this other topic because the choice he should make brings the integrity of the league into question.
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
4/1/2005  2:47 PM
Posted by Pharzeone:

I don't understand how Herb gets a pass but the team, Lenny, or Isiah. It is this subjective type of blame that is troubling. Now we can't blame Herb because he didn't get a training camp with this team. LOL. Wasn't that Lenny's excuse. And it was legit he wasn't even on the team then but Herb's been with this organization for over 11 years. He was a coach for like 6 of those years. I sure Herb was allowed to coach these guys at any number of training camps during those 6 years. As far as I am concern he has to be at the top of the chain for blame or praise for how this develops, perform defensive drills and pratice.

herb, to me, gets a pass b/c he's never been a head coach b4 and has was put in when the team was in the midst of a 3-18 stretch BEFORE a west coast trip. nobody is saying training camp or anything when it comes to him. he is clearly the interim coach in most people's eyes. what i have noticed is that the players ARE playing hard for him, regardless of wins/losses. we are MANY players away from being even a 45 win team so any big name coach you bring in won't produce right away, so why not give him the job for next season so he can grow as a coach while we assemble talent? whatever he does this season, coaching startegies, rotation, play calls, etc., is just the learning and growing process for him. that's why he gets a pass in my eyes.
Pharzeone
4/1/2005  3:25 PM
Posted by diderotn:

But you have a few players that I would love to see in N.Y...Harrington, Smith, and the dude with the crazy hair...

LOL. And most of these people down here want KT. They love KT. All the sports radio talk about getting KT in some type of trade. They aren't in love with any of these guys. And they are real down on Josh Smith.
fishmike
USA
4/1/2005  3:31 PM
god... where do I sign up to get Josh Smith?
Pharzeone
4/1/2005  3:34 PM
Posted by djsunyc:
Posted by Pharzeone:

herb, to me, gets a pass b/c he's never been a head coach b4 and has was put in when the team was in the midst of a 3-18 stretch BEFORE a west coast trip. nobody is saying training camp or anything when it comes to him. he is clearly the interim coach in most people's eyes. what i have noticed is that the players ARE playing hard for him, regardless of wins/losses. we are MANY players away from being even a 45 win team so any big name coach you bring in won't produce right away, so why not give him the job for next season so he can grow as a coach while we assemble talent? whatever he does this season, coaching startegies, rotation, play calls, etc., is just the learning and growing process for him. that's why he gets a pass in my eyes.
How do you know this? until you do it. How do I know that Crawford don't learn from a better coach than a Lenny or Herb. To me he is the lone guy who can't really get a pass either. He isn't new to this team's system. Unless you are telling me he had no input into this team until just a few months ago, then I would have a problem with him there too. Are assistant coaches running practices, running drills. Hell Aguire comes here in less than a year and he is taking credit for doing things. You hear about his input, Herb has been a coach for 6 years. All I am saying this record is his too from beginning to end. He was considered one of the top assistants. I mean I like some of the things he has but I can't praise him and only be willing to place blame on others. That would be bias. That's all I am saying.
Pharzeone
4/1/2005  3:41 PM
Posted by fishmike:

I guess it is right, the grass is always greener on the other side. Sport radio down here points out his flaws everyday. If the Knicks were interested they could get him for veterans. I been to a couple of Hawk games, and I understand their point. Smith is like a out of control Ariza. His basketball IQ is like real low. He has turnovers in the worst moments, trying to dunk on everyone. Poor Nique gets worse treatment down here than Isiah up there. The talk is that they want to trade their pick if it isn't #1.
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
4/1/2005  3:42 PM
Posted by Pharzeone:
Posted by djsunyc:
Posted by Pharzeone:

How do you know this? until you do it. How do I know that Crawford don't learn from a better coach than a Lenny or Herb. To me he is the lone guy who can't really get a pass either. He isn't new to this team's system. Unless you are telling me he had no input into this team until just a few months ago, then I would have a problem with him there too. Are assistant coaches running practices, running drills. Hell Aguire comes here in less than a year and he is taking credit for doing things. You hear about his input, Herb has been a coach for 6 years. All I am saying this record is his too from beginning to end. He was considered one of the top assistants. I mean I like some of the things he has but I can't praise him and only be willing to place blame on others. That would be bias. That's all I am saying.

i agree with you. i think crawford is still learning and has come a long way. but he also signed a big contract so his ass should be held to the flames a little bit since he still is scared to play ANY type of defense. his shot selection has improved a little but man, has anything else?
fishmike
USA
4/1/2005  3:57 PM
Posted by Pharzeone:
Posted by fishmike:

I guess it is right, the grass is always greener on the other side. Sport radio down here points out his flaws everyday. If the Knicks were interested they could get him for veterans. I been to a couple of Hawk games, and I understand their point. Smith is like a out of control Ariza. His basketball IQ is like real low. He has turnovers in the worst moments, trying to dunk on everyone. Poor Nique gets worse treatment down here than Isiah up there. The talk is that they want to trade their pick if it isn't #1.
he's 19 and not named Lebron. Of course he's out of control. I'm not even sure he would make us a better team next year but he's certainly a piece. Tell you one thing.. with some of the players we have it would be a lot easier on him to get open looks. I would trade him for KT right now. He I would add the 2nd rounder if they asked. I would offer the Hawks Sweetney if they wanted a younger guy.
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
4/1/2005  4:12 PM
instead of Josh Smith, who you guys know the Hawks would never trade, how about looking into acquiring Al Harrington? he's playing the SF position & it's clear they need to start clearing out some of that glut as they have Childress & Smith waiting in the wings making alot less money.

i would offer up Sweetney & our lottery pick protected to #5 for him...the Hawks are under the cap so this is a doable deal, isn't it?

C - KT / Butler
PF - Harrington / Rose / Mo T
SF - TT / Ariza / JYD
SG - Crawford / MLE fa or draft pick
PG - Marbury / Penny
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
fishmike
USA
4/1/2005  4:24 PM
Harrington makes too much... we have to take back less salary. I would offer any combo of Rose, Mo, KT, Sweetney or JYD for Al.

Imagine having 5 PFs on your roster and you cant get a good deal for one of them. Man.. this will be an interesting offseason
Does this administration really know what it wants???????

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy