[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Does this administration really know what it wants???????
Author Thread
diderotn
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #650
USA
4/1/2005  6:50 AM
I don't get this at all, Herb is talking about winning the next few games, but our players are not feeling the same way. I think that Isiah needs to step in and ask Herb to shut this team down to further improve our chances at getting a high draft pick. It is evident that Herb's idea is to win as many games as possible, but what good will that do to the Knicks? It is a tough situation for anyone to be in, but something has to give. Isiah is being played by Phil Jackson just like what Dampier did to us, but Isiah has not realized it yet. I never thought that I would say this, but Isiah needs to make a decision as soon as possible on who he wants to coach this team. Phil, Silas, Herb, Flip, etc, are a lot to chose from, but in all actuality, there are only two names on this list that I would consider: Silas and Herb. Why waiste our time courting Phil when we know that he is only using the Knicks as a way to get a big contract from perhaps Minesota or the Lakers??? Silas or Herb are both defensive minded coach that will not cost us too much. If you offer Silas a 3 year deal starting at $3 million per, he will jump at the opportunity. We are still a big market after all. He is a disciplined man and N.Y., especially Marb and Crawf need to be disciplined.
The true Knickabocker..........
AUTOADVERT
diderotn
USA
4/1/2005  7:41 AM
Here is a question to all of you, if you were able to chose a coach, which of the four would you have picked: Phil Jackson, Herb Williams, Paul Silas, or Flip Saunders?

Please answer this question by visualising our current roster...
nykdunk
Member: #570
USA
4/1/2005  7:48 AM
Cost really isn't a consideration under this current regime. That said though, I don't think this team is ready to compete for anything, so I maintain that Herb is the right coach.
diderotn
USA
4/1/2005  7:54 AM
I do believe that Herb could be really good for this organization, but the problem is that his resume doesn't not include a ring as either a player nor a coach. Today's youngsters are not too responsive to motivators who have no hardware to show for it. Silas won a couple of rings when he was in Boston and is hungry to win the big one as a coach.
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
4/1/2005  7:59 AM
doing that just made me lose my breakfast
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
diderotn
USA
4/1/2005  8:05 AM
Yeah, I understand exactly your feeling, but if you think about it, this roster can actually compete if we have the right motivator to push our players. A couple of tweak here and there could propel us to a winning season.

Posted by fishmike:
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
4/1/2005  8:34 AM
here's the problem: we do have some talent, but we have too retarded a mix of players. In a lot of ways I thing we would be better served traded for some guys with LESS talent but better fit a style of play. KT is a good player but he horrible in the open court where Crawford and Ariza thrive. Rose and JYD are redundant. Mo Taylor and TT are horrible passers and the offense sits and watches while these two go into their moves. We have some good defenders, but not enough to be a good defending team. We have some good scorers, but not enough to be a really high scoring team (we are 14th).

The result is this hodgepodge group of guys that dont fit into any kind of system.

Why does it seem like every one of our players would be better on a different team?
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
diderotn
USA
4/1/2005  9:02 AM
What would you suggest as a trade to further improve this team???? I know that many on this board have asked to trade a multitude of players but for the wrong reason. Who would you consider trading, and would you consider replacing them with????

Personally, I would love to see: Craw, Kurt, Bruno, Sweetney, Penny, Houston, and TT go
I would replace them with: Jason Richardson, Jared Jeffries, draft a Center and PG.
Our lineup would look as such: Marb, Richardson, JJ, Mo T, and new Center
Backups, new pg, ??, Ariza, Malik, and Butler.

Posted by fishmike:

here's the problem: we do have some talent, but we have too retarded a mix of players. In a lot of ways I thing we would be better served traded for some guys with LESS talent but better fit a style of play. KT is a good player but he horrible in the open court where Crawford and Ariza thrive. Rose and JYD are redundant. Mo Taylor and TT are horrible passers and the offense sits and watches while these two go into their moves. We have some good defenders, but not enough to be a good defending team. We have some good scorers, but not enough to be a really high scoring team (we are 14th).

The result is this hodgepodge group of guys that dont fit into any kind of system.

Why does it seem like every one of our players would be better on a different team?
simrud
Member: #474
USA
4/1/2005  9:18 AM
They wan to maken money, plain and simple.

A corporation does not care about anything but the bottom line.

They do not care how good their products are, how well they treat their the consumer, or the employees for that matter. As long as they can get away with a good profit, all is well. And when they can't, they cheat in their books, contribue to the Republican's campaign, get a law passes that protects their trust funds and their estates in case of bankrupcy, and leaves the middle class int he dust of not being able to write of a credit card bill any more.
A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
diderotn
USA
4/1/2005  9:22 AM
Dude! are you discussing basketball or Accounting Principles???

Posted by simrud:

They do not care how good their products are, how well they treat their the consumer, or the employees for that matter. As long as they can get away with a good profit, all is well. And when they can't, they cheat in their books, contribue to the Republican's campaign, get a law passes that protects their trust funds and their estates in case of bankrupcy, and leaves the middle class int he dust of not being able to write of a credit card bill any more.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
4/1/2005  9:30 AM
He is discussing Dolan NBA Knicks basketball.
Posted by diderotn:

Dude! are you discussing basketball or Accounting Principles???

Posted by simrud:

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
4/1/2005  9:36 AM
Posted by simrud:

But they also realize that the more the Knicks win, the more money they'll make and that a championship would bring in a huge amount of money.

[Edited by - Bonn1997 on 04/01/2005 10:13:23]
nykdunk
USA
4/1/2005  9:48 AM
Posted by Bonn1997:

But they also realize that the more the Knicks win, the more money, they'll make and that a championship would bring in a huge amount of money.

I am sincerly doubting whether Dolan has the intellectual flexibility to figure that one out.
diderotn
USA
4/1/2005  9:53 AM
What are they really trying to do? That is the million dollar question. The season is over....lose to get a higher draft pick should be our philosophy
nykdunk
USA
4/1/2005  10:41 AM
This is where I blame the NBA system. When a team like us is pure crap and has no chance to make the playoffs, what are they to do? Start losing intentionally? Currently, the best loser will become the best winner. Surely that is not fair to teams that maintain integrity and try to win.
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
4/1/2005  10:42 AM
with the CURRENT roster the only coaches i want coaching them are Isiah or Herb.

there's no point in bringing in a high priced bigname coach if they can't upgrade this roster...what's the point?
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
4/1/2005  10:49 AM
Posted by fishmike:

LMAO!!!!!!
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
diderotn
USA
4/1/2005  10:56 AM
The system is exactly what it is. It is up to the organization to use it as much as they can. Lose to upgrade is not a bad idea, especially when teams around the league are not willing to help us out....

Posted by nykdunk:

This is where I blame the NBA system. When a team like us is pure crap and has no chance to make the playoffs, what are they to do? Start losing intentionally? Currently, the best loser will become the best winner. Surely that is not fair to teams that maintain integrity and try to win.
diderotn
USA
4/1/2005  11:02 AM
I wouldn't mind having Silas as our headcoach either...Herb is ok, and I can't blame him for what is going on, because he didn't have a trainging camp and he is mostly using the plays that are known from the Lenny's regime...Isiah will never coach N.Y., I don't think that he can handle the N.Y. media. He probably would have gotten arrested for punching one of the media guys out.

Posted by TMS:

with the CURRENT roster the only coaches i want coaching them are Isiah or Herb.

there's no point in bringing in a high priced bigname coach if they can't upgrade this roster...what's the point?
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
4/1/2005  11:28 AM
Posted by diderotn:

I wouldn't mind having Silas as our headcoach either...Herb is ok, and I can't blame him for what is going on, because he didn't have a trainging camp and he is mostly using the plays that are known from the Lenny's regime...Isiah will never coach N.Y., I don't think that he can handle the N.Y. media. He probably would have gotten arrested for punching one of the media guys out.

Posted by TMS:

he can handle the media just fine...Mike & the Moron harass him all the time about the moves he made & he keeps a smile on his face the whole time...that's not a concern for me.

Silas won't be anymore of an upgrade than Herb is imho...& you'd probably have to pay him more besides...again, what's the point in bringing in anyone new & pay him more money unless you're going to upgrade this roster? so we can maybe win 4 or 5 more games in the regular season & be a slightly better mediocre team instead of a real crappy one?
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Does this administration really know what it wants???????

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy