[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Jets get rights to Stadium
Author Thread
Stevo718
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #559
3/31/2005  8:07 PM
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/nm/20050331/sp_nm/nfl_jets_dc

Simply outrageous. We have to pay for half... why? They can pay for it themselves especailly since they will be developing in Manhattan and all the big boys will make huge profits and laugh all the way to the bank.

Why can't they build it in Queens? Why because why would they invest money to develop little ole Queens, there's no money to be made there. Manhattan is top notch real estate.

As for the Olympics having it in Queens would make so much more sense also. More space and less traffic.

Silver lining: hopefully this'll mess up the damn Dolans business.
AUTOADVERT
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

3/31/2005  8:47 PM
not good....

I'm already sick of the stupid tourists standing in the way like NYC is a freakin shopping mall. I'm sick of it. No I will be forced to stay away from the 34th street area.

The writing was on the wall anyway. They have been rebuilding the westside water front for years.

This sucks man....I live in Manhatten. I feel like the walls are closing in. All the money around me is sickening.

Geez man, Brooklyn ain't even the same.....cuz you know they are gonna build that Brooklyn arena on Atlantic Ave.

Soon NYC will just be a land full of wealthy people and big business.

All us poor NY'ers will have is The Bronx.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
3/31/2005  9:22 PM
until they f the Bronx up too.

I live in Harlem, I been feelin that for a long time now.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/31/2005  9:27 PM
I moved to the Carolinas!

Life is good outside NYC! I never thought it either, we grow up thinking the "City" is the best place in the world. Which it is. But its not the only place in the world!

I can still see NBA hoop a few times a year, NFL, and NHL hockey!

No baseball, but lots of golf courses, lots of beach, and room to breath.
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

3/31/2005  10:44 PM
I hear you Nalod but why should I be forced out of the city? I love NYC. Sometimes I feel like I'm walking through a episode of "Sex in the City".

After they build the stadium and all the other luxury apartments all over the place....it won't be the same.

I ride my bike all the time in the summer down Riverside park from about 96th street to south ferry. Once you get close to 34th street it's not fun anymore. It feels like I shouldn't be there. It's empty now but as soon as everything starts to get rolling....that whole area is gonna be a mad house.

I know for a fact they have been building an extention on the 7 train. The tunnel is just about finished. All they need to do is build the entrance ways and surounding area....the stadium.

Let's not forget the New World trade Center....I bet that will be back up sooner than we think.

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/31/2005  11:10 PM
Posted by EnySpree:

I hear you Nalod but why should I be forced out of the city? I love NYC. Sometimes I feel like I'm walking through a episode of "Sex in the City".

After they build the stadium and all the other luxury apartments all over the place....it won't be the same.

I ride my bike all the time in the summer down Riverside park from about 96th street to south ferry. Once you get close to 34th street it's not fun anymore. It feels like I shouldn't be there. It's empty now but as soon as everything starts to get rolling....that whole area is gonna be a mad house.

I know for a fact they have been building an extention on the 7 train. The tunnel is just about finished. All they need to do is build the entrance ways and surounding area....the stadium.

Let's not forget the New World trade Center....I bet that will be back up sooner than we think.

They been building up the Isle of manhatten for decades! It will be alright!

I was not forced out, I wanted out! I work for a big wall street firm, got the mad mad mad world at my finger tips, but dig the country life also. Its all good man, it ain't like im all down on the city, I go back all the time. Need the energy boost, broadway, some corned beef at 2am, and the smell of a diesel bus and urine on the street is priceless! The water, the smells, the air, the good, the bad, it just like no other place on earth. Best food on the planet!

But I just don't want live there no 'mo! full time.
Cookdcokehop
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #880
USA
3/31/2005  11:36 PM
i live in the bronx. i heard the yankees might build a new stadium here, so we might become victims as well.
Pharzeone
Alba Posts: 14
Member: #871
4/1/2005  10:40 AM
I just relocated to Georgia. I miss NYC badly but the fresh air has done me wonders. I can't imagine traveling in all that traffic with this new stadium. I hated the westside traffic already. But the Jets needed their own stadium and I think this was the only option, so... Hey look forward to the 2010 Superbowl.
I don't like to play bad rookies , I like to play good rookies - Mike D'Antoni
Jets get rights to Stadium

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy