[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

trade Kurt for Curry
Author Thread
edsonline
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #735
3/31/2005  10:55 AM
IF, IF the Curry news that I posted turns out to be nothing serious I would consider this trade - Kurt and the lotto pick for Curry, and Frank Williams and Adrian Griffin (they make the cap numbers work.

AUTOADVERT
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
3/31/2005  11:02 AM
i don't even want him now and you want to give up our lottery pick! lol

it would gladly trade kurt and later pick for him, irregular heartbeat or not! wish him the best regardless!

[Edited by - gunsnewing on 03/31/2005 11:03:19]
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
3/31/2005  11:04 AM
I think Penny's expiring deal and Sweetney would probably be minimum cost for Curry.
DarkKnicks
Member: #882
Spain
3/31/2005  11:06 AM
What about Antonio Davis and Eddie Curry for Kurt Thomas, Jerome Williams and Mike Sweetney? Of course Chicago would not do it...
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
3/31/2005  11:39 AM
Posted by DarkKnicks:

What about Antonio Davis and Eddie Curry for Kurt Thomas, Jerome Williams and Mike Sweetney? Of course Chicago would not do it...

they'd do it if we threw in the lotto.

I'd rather just draft well. Curry is another guy who is great on offense, but Tim Thomas like on defense. He's overvalued because of his size, but to me, his size is meaningless because he's so bad on D.
¿ △ ?
Pharzeone
Alba Posts: 14
Member: #871
3/31/2005  11:44 AM
Wait a minute, you guys are now willing to trade for a guy who has just been diagnosed with an irregular heartbeat after just giving up a guy had the same problem is only a shell of his former self. And you want to throw in a lotto pick, too. And I can only assume that Curry expects to be paid quite nicely too, seeing he may not be in the league for that long.
I don't like to play bad rookies , I like to play good rookies - Mike D'Antoni
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
3/31/2005  11:47 AM
he's definitely a taller TT or Mo Taylor! He'd help us but not enough to justify trading our pick for him. When that pick can easily be the next wade, amare, mcgrady, pierce
diderotn
Member: #650
USA
3/31/2005  11:49 AM
Say no to Curry. He is not worth it.
The true Knickabocker..........
bigpimpin
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #801
USA
3/31/2005  12:40 PM
Isiah: Johnny baby, how's it going? this is Isiah... the General Manager of the New York Knicks
Paxson: You still have a job?
Isiah: yeah, of course I do. my momma didn't raise any fools
Paxson: Yeah i see. I love the way you got Marbury and the fans were mad so you sold them on the ideal that you can't rebuild in New york
Isiah: you can't rebuild in new york!
Paxson: but then when you got Rose and taylor and the fans were mad..you told them that you also got 2 draft picks and that you were going to rebuild thru the draft...
Isiah: GET YOUR HANDS OUT OF MY POCKET!
Paxson: (laughing)
Isiah: but anyways, i know you won't deal with me unless i can give you some expiring contracts
Paxson: you know it
Isiah: i'm offering you Kurt Thomas..
Paxson: (...dial tone...)
"Anyone who sits around waiting to hit the lottery, whether basketball or real life, in order to better their position is a loser."
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
3/31/2005  1:24 PM
http://www.sportsnetwork.com/default.asp?c=sportsnetwork&page=nba/news/acn3823599.htm
Pharzeone
3/31/2005  3:27 PM
Forget about Curry. How about this trade. KT to Houston for the 23rd pick and Moochie. You can cut Moochie. Everyone is really happy in the trade. KT is going back to Texas, Van Gundy is getting the guy he wanted to get in February and the Knicks get the 23rd pick which they can use to draft a player or make another trade to acquire another pick.
Pharzeone
3/31/2005  3:28 PM
Posted by bigpimpin:

Isiah: Johnny baby, how's it going? this is Isiah... the General Manager of the New York Knicks
Paxson: Yeah i see. I love the way you got Marbury and the fans were mad so you sold them on the ideal that you can't rebuild in New york
Paxson: but then when you got Rose and taylor and the fans were mad..you told them that you also got 2 draft picks and that you were going to rebuild thru the draft...
Isiah: but anyways, i know you won't deal with me unless i can give you some expiring contracts

I disagree with your take on the Craw deal but funny stuff.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
3/31/2005  3:36 PM
Posted by Pharzeone:

Forget about Curry. How about this trade. KT to Houston for the 23rd pick and Moochie. You can cut Moochie. Everyone is really happy in the trade. KT is going back to Texas, Van Gundy is getting the guy he wanted to get in February and the Knicks get the 23rd pick which they can use to draft a player or make another trade to acquire another pick.
I'm not sure whether Isiah would value Kurt or the 23rd pick more highly. I would prefer the pick because we already have Rose and Mo Taylor, but I'm not sure Isiah would agree. He seems to like how the pick and roll works with Steph and Kurt. If you're going to have almost exclusively a half-court offense, a big man who can hit outside shots is very valuable.
teslawlo
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #699
USA
3/31/2005  3:48 PM
Posted by bigpimpin:

LMAO nice
http://allknicks.com
rvhoss
Member: #777
Switzerland
3/31/2005  4:05 PM
[IMG_block] http://rubymurray.com/pics/death.jpg [/IMG_block]
all kool aid all the time.
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
3/31/2005  4:09 PM
Posted by rvhoss:

[IMG_block] http://rubymurray.com/pics/death.jpg [/IMG_block]

(If only they made a thumbs up icon)
rvhoss
Member: #777
Switzerland
3/31/2005  4:18 PM
yeah, I'm not down on Curry, but I just have the feeling that he's gonna want more than 7 million and will give us 15 pts and 11 boards a game...oh wait, we already get that from Kurt.

So, there is no chance we can take Camby back? I was reading that dalembart is a definite possibility...Kurt for Dalembart anyone (sorry if I spelled his name wrong)

and yes, I'm the one that started teh Dalembart is Garbage thread a while back. This crow tastes good.

[Edited by - rvhoss on 03/31/2005 16:19:35]
all kool aid all the time.
Pharzeone
3/31/2005  4:23 PM
Posted by rvhoss:

yeah, I'm not down on Curry, but I just have the feeling that he's gonna want more than 7 million and will give us 15 pts and 11 boards a game...oh wait, we already get that from Kurt.

So, there is no chance we can take Camby back? I was reading that dalembart is a definite possibility...Kurt for Dalembart anyone (sorry if I spelled his name wrong)

and yes, I'm the one that started teh Dalembart is Garbage thread a while back. This crow tastes good.

[Edited by - rvhoss on 03/31/2005 16:19:35]
I think we all love the taste of crow. But I think with today news Isiah wouldn't think twice about getting Curry...wait he resign Baker, nevermind.
Pharzeone
3/31/2005  4:33 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by Pharzeone:

I'm not sure whether Isiah would value Kurt or the 23rd pick more highly. I would prefer the pick because we already have Rose and Mo Taylor, but I'm not sure Isiah would agree. He seems to like how the pick and roll works with Steph and Kurt. If you're going to have almost exclusively a half-court offense, a big man who can hit outside shots is very valuable.
I like the pick and roll that Marbury and KT but KT is your best option for trading to get a pick without taking on significant contracts. I think it will wise to use Penny's contract to acquire a young big stud. Probably a sign and trade. Maybe you can get a Dalembert like that.
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
3/31/2005  8:20 PM
Actually Sweetney is the BEST trading piece because he is cheap and young and good with lots of room to grow (horizantily not laterally).

If we could do Kurt for Curry its still a go even with the heart thing. Curry is better and younger and will continue to get better. He plays in the post and he is just as sucky at D as Kurt. Ok he sucks at rebounding too, but we have Malik Rose and JYD for that too.

If we did get Curry, there should be a law passed in the NYS legistlature that never at any time are Curry and Taylor to be on the floor at the same time. Never!!!

Not on layup lines, and they can't be next to each other in team huddles!
trade Kurt for Curry

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy