edsonline
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #735
3/31/2005  10:53 AM

Irregular heartbeat sidelines fourth-year center
Curry Remains in Charlotte for Observation, Treatment

AthletiCo Injury Report | Posted 9:20 a.m. CT

Curry
March 31, 2005 -- Chicago Bulls fourth-year center Eddy Curry did not accompany the team on the flight back to Chicago this morning. Instead, Curry, 22, remained in Charlotte, N.C. for observation and treatment for an irregular heartbeat.

Curry was at the arena for the team's game versus the Bobcats on Wednesday night but did not play due to his condition.

"Right before the game, I felt some light-headedness and dizziness," Curry told the Chicago Tribune. "It came out of nowhere, so it really kind of scared me a little bit."

The 6-11, 285-pound Curry has appeared in 60 games for the Bulls this season, including 60 starts, and is averaging a team-high 16.1 ppg, 5.4 rpg and 28.7 mpg, while shooting .538 from the floor.

E-mail this story

Copyright 2005 NBA Media Ventures, LLC. All rights reserved. No portion of NBA.com may be duplicated, redistributed or manipulated in any form. By accessing any information beyond this page, you agree to abide by the NBA.com Privacy Policy / Your California Privacy Rights and Terms of Use.
Advertise on NBA.com | Employment opportunities

HOME | TICKETS | NEWS | PLAYERS | STATISTICS | SCHEDULE & SCORES
AUTOADVERT
nyk4ever
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #848
USA
3/31/2005  10:57 AM
Good to know that we won't be going after him any time soon. Irregular heartbeat at 22 or however old he is. No thanks.
"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/31/2005  11:01 AM
I guess we all know why his game labled "plays with no heart"!

Did not help Vin Baker did it?

All things aside, Im glad this got diagnosed early and hope he can resume his career, yet alone be healthy.

These things do cause fatigue, and he may yet be a monster.
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
3/31/2005  11:03 AM
Wow, that's a concern, but also a possible explanation for why he doesn't always bring the energy for the whole game or his tendency to put on wait. Bring him to Dr. Callahan and see if it's correctable.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
3/31/2005  11:09 AM
Didn't Hakeem have an irregular heartbeat or was that something else?
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Pharzeone
Alba Posts: 14
Member: #871
3/31/2005  11:24 AM
Posted by martin:

I think he had heart palpations. Which scared him. I know Baker and Lewis had it. Scary stuff. I feel for him but it is best he find this out now. This will hurt his chance of getting the big money he was seeking. Maybe the Bulls will do something nice for him and give him something that is not far off what he is asking. Strange why come this wasn't found during his team physicals.
I don't like to play bad rookies , I like to play good rookies - Mike D'Antoni
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
3/31/2005  11:29 AM
if detected and treated it means nothing... if undetected it can kill you with no notice like the Celtics kid (Reggie Lewis?)

Its like Ariza and his asthma... should we have stayed away from him?
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/31/2005  11:29 AM
Posted by Pharzeone:
Posted by martin:

I think he had heart palpations. Which scared him. I know Baker and Lewis had it. Scary stuff. I feel for him but it is best he find this out now. This will hurt his chance of getting the big money he was seeking. Maybe the Bulls will do something nice for him and give him something that is not far off what he is asking. Strange why come this wasn't found during his team physicals.

See The good Dr. Callahan and your heartbeat goes up!

This is how Isiah gets "creative", create a false medical condition and run off the competition. Sign for MLE with promise of bigger payday.

Use an implant to create the symptom.

Isiah is evil!
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
3/31/2005  2:41 PM
Posted by fishmike:

if detected and treated it means nothing... if undetected it can kill you with no notice like the Celtics kid (Reggie Lewis?)

I don't want to stay away from him b/c of his irregular heartbeat. Heck, I am just glad for him that he's better. Thank God for that. However, I want to stay away from him b/c we need a defensive anchor type player in the middle for us, and Curry doesn't seem to fit that bill. I'd rather just go another direction, as opposed to going after another underachiever.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
Cookdcokehop
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #880
USA
3/31/2005  2:48 PM
Ariza has asthma?!? no wonder his stamina is so low in NBA live
NewYorkSoul
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #855
Canada
4/1/2005  3:39 AM
I think Derrick Coleman had it recently too... all these guys just declined so much once they were diagnosed

I'm really starting to think that we could use Pryzbilla - the guy is a beast, and since he lost all that weight, he is definitely NOT a stiff anymore... the guy could average 5 blocks per game for us with the way we play perimeter D
David f'n Lee for President!!
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
4/1/2005  7:20 AM
Posted by Allanfan20:
Posted by fishmike:

I don't want to stay away from him b/c of his irregular heartbeat. Heck, I am just glad for him that he's better. Thank God for that. However, I want to stay away from him b/c we need a defensive anchor type player in the middle for us, and Curry doesn't seem to fit that bill.
I think that's a little narrow thinking. The team has MANY needs, not just a defensive anchor. Getting a player who can dominate the low post on offense certainly is one of the team's needs. The team needs better perimeter defense, better low-post defense, more consistent perimeter shooting, and a low-post presence on offense. Basically, an upgrade anywhere other than starting PG is important.

[Edited by - Bonn1997 on 04/01/2005 09:12:22]
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
4/1/2005  11:50 AM
It's not narrow thinking, thank you very much. It's like the phrase goes "Offense sells tickets but defense wins championships." We currently have at least A LITTLE bit of low post offense with Sweetney, Tim Thomas and even Taylor. Nothing you can depend upon yet, but at least you can wait and see how it turns out with Sweetney b/c we still have Marbury penetrate. We can very easily afford to wait in this case. However, the low post defense is an absolute #1 priority at this point. The perimeter D is bad too, but it's just important that we build that wall down low to make penetrators at least think twice about blowing by Marbury and Crawford and Tim Thomas.

No matter how good our offense is, we wont go very far AT ALL without a lick of defense, unless we are the Suns, and we are faaaaaaaaar from being the Suns. Heck, they even have a couple of good defenders on that team.

Heck, when the Knicks were good, they were always one of the WORST offensive teams, but they always went somewhat far into the playoffs, AT LEAST, b/c their defense was awesome.

Sorry, I am not the man with the narrow thinking. But nice way to support an arguement.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
4/1/2005  11:56 AM
Posted by Allanfan20:

It's not narrow thinking, thank you very much. It's like the phrase goes "Offense sells tickets but defense wins championships." We currently have at least A LITTLE bit of low post offense with Sweetney, Tim Thomas and even Taylor. Nothing you can depend upon yet, but at least you can wait and see how it turns out with Sweetney b/c we still have Marbury penetrate. We can very easily afford to wait in this case. However, the low post defense is an absolute #1 priority at this point. The perimeter D is bad too, but it's just important that we build that wall down low to make penetrators at least think twice about blowing by Marbury and Crawford and Tim Thomas.

No matter how good our offense is, we wont go very far AT ALL without a lick of defense, unless we are the Suns, and we are faaaaaaaaar from being the Suns. Heck, they even have a couple of good defenders on that team.

Heck, when the Knicks were good, they were always one of the WORST offensive teams, but they always went somewhat far into the playoffs, AT LEAST, b/c their defense was awesome.

Sorry, I am not the man with the narrow thinking. But nice way to support an arguement.
I guess TMS was right about allanfan needing a hug...
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
4/1/2005  12:21 PM
I would agree with not wanting curry for his lack of D.

If this team is going to run & break, we need defensive boarding and we need to be stronger in the middle with defense.

Curry is not a fit here unless there is a 4 to make up for his lack of boards & shot blocking.

I think we're better off getting a steven hunter type player than a curry.
Curry news

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy