[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

So much for Hunter being available
Author Thread
crzymdups
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #671
USA
3/31/2005  10:35 AM
...the guy outplayed Dalembert last night. Doesn't show up in the stats, except Hunter had 5 blocks in 30 minutes and the Suns blew out the Sixers sans Amare.
¿ △ ?
AUTOADVERT
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
3/31/2005  10:43 AM
Yeah but 5 pts and 3 rebs in 30 minutes? This guy hasn't earned an MLE contract yet. I wouldn't take him off the market.
DarkKnicks
Member: #882
Spain
3/31/2005  10:45 AM
I think that just by adding Hunter we would become a much better team. I think it's fair to use our MLE in Hunter and Butler.
crzymdups
USA
3/31/2005  10:46 AM
Posted by VDesai:

Yeah but 5 pts and 3 rebs in 30 minutes? This guy hasn't earned an MLE contract yet. I wouldn't take him off the market.

it's the way his defense impacts the other team. it's beautiful to watch. we need a guy just like him. I'd give him the full MLE, but I think PHO would match. The only thing I'm not sure of is whether they can match a MLE offer, but I'm guessing they can.
¿ △ ?
VDesai
USA
3/31/2005  10:52 AM
I have no doubts about his defense or shotblocking, but he's still very, very raw and has a long way to go before he can earn more than 20 mpg. Not saying he's as bad as Jim McIilvaine, but remember he got way overpaid based on some gaudy blocks per 48 minute numbers and never lived up to it. Jerome James has also blocked a fair share of shots per 48 in his career. I'm not that impressed with Hunter's rebounding to this point also....
crzymdups
USA
3/31/2005  10:55 AM
Posted by VDesai:

I have no doubts about his defense or shotblocking, but he's still very, very raw and has a long way to go before he can earn more than 20 mpg. Not saying he's as bad as Jim McIilvaine, but remember he got way overpaid based on some gaudy blocks per 48 minute numbers and never lived up to it. Jerome James has also blocked a fair share of shots per 48 in his career. I'm not that impressed with Hunter's rebounding to this point also....

that's a good point. I think Hunter is younger and more athletic than Jim Mac or James were when they got those deals, but its true its a gamble. I'm just saying I'd rather gamble on Hunter than sign another Vin Baker.

Look at how coveted Dalembert is. If Hunter turns out to be the next Dalembert, if nothing else we have a HUGE asset. If it works, we have a great defensive anchor to go with one of the most efficient offensives in the league.
¿ △ ?
VDesai
USA
3/31/2005  11:00 AM
OH yeah...Certainly a young guy like Hunter over someone who's done like Baker. I wish we had done that this past offseason with guys like Ely, Pryzbilla, Pachulia etc. who were moved around for nothing basically. Just saying I'm concerned about ponying up too much for this specific guy.
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
3/31/2005  11:17 AM
Posted by VDesai:

good post, I agree..
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
3/31/2005  11:19 AM
steven hunter = Ervin Johnson

fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
3/31/2005  11:19 AM
its ok to overpay for bigmen... we could sigm him for most of the MLE and keep a small amount to resign Ariza and Butler to 2-3 year deals if thats Zeke's MO.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
3/31/2005  11:52 AM
i'd rather try & get a trade for Dalembert...Steven Hunter will become a solid role player...Dalembert will become an impact player...we need impact players if we want to be anything more than mediocre.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
crzymdups
USA
3/31/2005  12:20 PM
Posted by TMS:

i'd rather try & get a trade for Dalembert...Steven Hunter will become a solid role player...Dalembert will become an impact player...we need impact players if we want to be anything more than mediocre.

It's too late to get Dalembert. He's going to get a huge contract this summer. With big guys, its usually too late to get them once they've popped.
¿ △ ?
TMS
USA
3/31/2005  12:38 PM
i wouldn't say it's too late to get Dalembert...it seems to me O'Brien prefers Mark Jackson over Dalembert on that team, so they may be open to dealing him...if CWebb goes down to any injury, maybe they'd be interested in someone like KT if the Knicks threw in their lottery pick?
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Pharzeone
Alba Posts: 14
Member: #871
3/31/2005  2:39 PM
Posted by TMS:

i wouldn't say it's too late to get Dalembert...it seems to me O'Brien prefers Mark Jackson over Dalembert on that team, so they may be open to dealing him...if CWebb goes down to any injury, maybe they'd be interested in someone like KT if the Knicks threw in their lottery pick?
Why do the Knicks always need to throw in their lottery picks for these trades. I like Dalembert but he is not a lottery pick and KT type of player, not yet anyway. KT has to be the most used guy on this board for trade possiblities. But I think KT and the 2nd pick 1st rounder is more reasonable for Dalembert.
I don't like to play bad rookies , I like to play good rookies - Mike D'Antoni
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
3/31/2005  2:50 PM
I'd do that trade that TMS suggested, and perhaps even use Sweetney to go after another lottery pick and perhaps draft Hakim Warrick? I mean, it's not that specific a plan (The one I suggested) but if something like that is possible, then we have ourselves a very young and athletic frontcourt that will eventually play some crazy defense, taking the pressure off guys like Crawford and Marbury.

I'm not that impressed with Hunter when I see him. He seems to be a poor mans Stromile Swift, and Swift isn't even someone I LOVE. I like him, but I wont kill to go after him. Dalembert has the potential to be a defensive monster. I'd take a risk on him much quicker than Curry to tell you the truth.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
crzymdups
USA
3/31/2005  3:11 PM
Posted by Allanfan20:

I'd do that trade that TMS suggested, and perhaps even use Sweetney to go after another lottery pick and perhaps draft Hakim Warrick? I mean, it's not that specific a plan (The one I suggested) but if something like that is possible, then we have ourselves a very young and athletic frontcourt that will eventually play some crazy defense, taking the pressure off guys like Crawford and Marbury.

I'm not that impressed with Hunter when I see him. He seems to be a poor mans Stromile Swift, and Swift isn't even someone I LOVE. I like him, but I wont kill to go after him. Dalembert has the potential to be a defensive monster. I'd take a risk on him much quicker than Curry to tell you the truth.

oh sure, Dalembert is a beast. I think a guy like him would be great for the team. If Petro looks anything like Dalembert, I think he's the guy we have to try and get in the draft. It's also why I'd rather have Hunter than a guy like Curry. We need a guy who can change the game with his defense, not his offense. I don't care about offensively raw. All I want is a guy who can dunk when he's wide open on Marbury drives, get putbacks and play demon-like defense in the paint. I want shot blocks galore when guys run past TT, Jamal and Marbs.

EDIT: I also say there's no way we could ever get Dalembert. If we offer the lotto pick, MAYBE, but why would Philly want another young player to put with Iverson and Webber? Dalembert and Igoudala are the perfect forwards to complement Webber, they are athletic and hustle defenders to make up for Webbers defensive shortcomings and they are good finishers to benefit from Webber and Iverson's passing skills. Why would Philly not sign this guy? O'Brien likes him, he's starting him now. Jackson is a good backup and is only really better on offense.

Dalembert changes games with his D. We need a guy like him, but that doesn't mean we can get him. In my mind Stephen Hunter and Petro are the CLOSEST things we can get. Obviously, they are unpolished, but THAT IS WHY THEY ARE AVAILABLE to us. If Petro had a post game like Bogut's, he'd go first overall. If Hunter had a game like Dalembert's, he'd get a huge contract offer from Cleveland or Atlanta. The Knicks have to be creative and get a young guy like this BEFORE he pops. Yes, it's a risk, but these are big, mobile young guys and fit a HUGE need on the team.

[Edited by - crzymdups on 03/31/2005 15:18:31]
¿ △ ?
TMS
USA
3/31/2005  3:28 PM
Posted by Pharzeone:

Why do the Knicks always need to throw in their lottery picks for these trades.

because other team's aren't in the business of giving up their best young players to the Knicks unless they're getting some valuable pieces in return...KT & a late 1st rounder won't even get you 5 minutes on the phone w/Philly's GM.
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
3/31/2005  3:30 PM
That pick would probably have to be completely unconditioned as well.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
3/31/2005  7:13 PM
you will hate me for saying this and I almost hate myself for saying it but, we could really use Marcus Camby. He would make a big difference for this team.
TMS
USA
3/31/2005  8:44 PM
Posted by Killa4luv:

you will hate me for saying this and I almost hate myself for saying it but, we could really use Marcus Camby. He would make a big difference for this team.

i don't hate you for saying that...i absolutely agree w/u, & i was 1 of those who had grown sick of his constant injuries when he was a Knick...but he is definitely an impact type player like i've been talking about...i would welcome him back with open arms if Isiah could ever manage to get a deal done w/DEN.
So much for Hunter being available

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy