[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Nemanja Alexandrov
Author Thread
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
3/31/2005  10:35 AM
What do we know about this guy? There is a good chance he will be there when we pick (though I don't advocate drafting him). Before the season started, people were calling this guy a possible no.1. He's only 17 years old and his stats are not that bad for a player his age, especially when he gets over 20 minutes...

http://goodyear.adriaticbasket.com/igraci.php?id=470

He's said to be a good shooter and slaher...Only 6'11 210 though. Still he's only 17 right now. This guy seems to be the riskiest pick of the draft by far.
AUTOADVERT
bigpimpin
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #801
USA
3/31/2005  12:31 PM
I would rather the Knicks just pass on people who noone knows anything out. Well, not anything worth knowing.

I know someone will say what if he is the next Dirk Nowitzki. And I will reply to those people...what if he is not?
"Anyone who sits around waiting to hit the lottery, whether basketball or real life, in order to better their position is a loser."
VDesai
USA
3/31/2005  12:53 PM
I'm sure the Knicks and NBA scouts know a hell of a lot more than we do. Just trying to take the board's temperature on this guy to see if anyone has any strong opinions on him, or found a good article to share. There are gonna be a lot of names thrown out between now and the draft...
Solace
Alba Posts: 20
Member: #479
USA
3/31/2005  12:56 PM
6 pts, 3 rebs in 17 mpg. Interesting, but I know nothing about this guy. This is a guy who might be a great pick with the Suns pick if he's still around then (I could see someone like this having a Lampe-like slippery slide). Taking him in the lottery would seem foolish, though.
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
3/31/2005  12:59 PM
Here is a link on DraftCity.com profile

http://www.draftcity.com/viewprofile.php?p=37

Hometown:
Belgrade, Serbia and Montenegro

Earliest Draft Class:

Current Position:
SF/PF

Expected Position:
SF

Possible Positions:
SF/PF

Best Case Scenario:
Rich Man's Keith Van Horn

Worst Case Scenario:
Rich Man's Antonis Fotsis

Strength
Nemanja Aleksandrov is one of the most gifted prospects seen lately in Europe. He is a player that shows an amazing combination of size, athleticism and skills; the combination that all NBA teams dream of. He's really long, with a great wingspan, has great mobility, a nice vertical, and he is very coordinated. He can run the floor almost like a guard, and thrives when doing so.

He enjoys a beautiful jumpshot; fluid, just perfect. It’s a real jumper, as Nemanja elevates more like a guard than like a forward to release it, making his shot nearly impossible to block on the perimeter. Everything is performed in a very quick movement, so he needs very little time and space to execute it.

Aleksandrov can produce in the paint thanks to a variety of post moves, a soft touch and, of course, his height and long arms, ala Pau Gasol. His favourite move is spinning after a fake to deliver a semi-hook. He has very good handles and can pass the ball. He can eventually lead the break and feed his teammates. He finds the right man to pass to in every situation, keeping the ball moving on the offensive end. You won't see him spending valuable seconds of a possession thinking what to do with the ball. He just has a great feel for the game and a very fast mind. He sees the best option right away.

Nemanja has huge potential as a slasher. He has a great first step, being too fast for most of the forwards to stop him, and nice handles. A couple of steps and he’s right at the rim. With his size and long arms it’s very easy for him to leave the ball in the net. Also, you can see him finishing alley-oops, effortlessly as usual.

The kid enjoys a very good lateral speed, being able to stop almost any forward and also making sure to take care of the team defense, always helping his teammates when needed. He can also grab a good amount of rebounds and block shots on a regular basis. Great basketball IQ. Aleksandrov knows the game and makes very few mistakes.

Nemanja is a humble player. He plays for the team, he is a hard worker. He never forces shots or plays just to fill the box-score. He's not ****y at all, and you won't notice any sign of disrespect to his rivals, nor his teammates.

Weakness
Many questions have been asked about Aleksandrov’s character. He’s a player that doesn’t seem to have enough killer instincts, perhaps not being able to become a clear leader, a go-to guy to assume the offensive responsibility of his team. He could also use some extra aggressiveness in certain situations.

Beyond that issue, Nemanja needs to bulk up. Right now he’s a boy playing against grown men, and he physically suffers. He’s pushed around the rim both on the offensive and defensive ends. He finds it difficult to play in the post, he gets banged defending the paint and he gets out-muscled when it comes to gaining rebound positioning. Gaining strength will be necessary for him, but he should be careful in order to keep his athleticism intact, or even improved. That’s one of the reasons why he’s spending so much time at the small forward position playing far from the basket right now.

One of the biggest concerns for him right now, especially if we consider that he’s playing mainly SF, is his shooting percentage. He’s struggling big time to find consistency in his perimeter stroke. As a consequence, he’s finding less spaces to penetrate, as his defenders don’t worry that much about his shooting threat. I expect him to recover, because he shows great mechanics, and sooner or later the shots will start falling. Also, his shot is still mainly static, although he’s working on his off-the-dribble jumper.

Although showing some improvement lately, he still finds it difficult to penetrate in traffic in the paint, but that's logical given that he's a forward, and doesn't dominate the ability to make sudden changes of direction in a confined space, like many guards can. He should also try to polish his post up moves, as once he gets strong enough, he would be able to take big advantage in the low post against any small forward with his size, and against any power forward with his quickness.

With his athleticism, height and long arms, you might expect more blocks out of him. The truth is he doesn't go up wildly for blocked shots, like many players his age, and usually won't risk his defensive position to take one.
bigpimpin
USA
3/31/2005  1:09 PM
Posted by VDesai:

I'm sure the Knicks and NBA scouts know a hell of a lot more than we do.

If that's the case then tell me why so many number 1 picks end up being total BUSTS.

Tell me why Tony Parker, Gilbert Arenas and Jamaal Tinsley were picked in the late 20's and second round

Tell me why Amare wasn't picked higher?

Tell me.., well you see my point
"Anyone who sits around waiting to hit the lottery, whether basketball or real life, in order to better their position is a loser."
VDesai
USA
3/31/2005  1:14 PM
Posted by bigpimpin:
Posted by VDesai:

If that's the case then tell me why so many number 1 picks end up being total BUSTS.

Tell me why Tony Parker, Gilbert Arenas and Jamaal Tinsley were picked in the late 20's and second round

What is your point? You're starting a completely unrelated discussion. Are you saying fans know more than NBA scouts? Or are you saying scouts make mistakes? The first one is wrong, the second one is right. Either way you're getting off on a tangent. I'm just wondering if people had opinions and info on Alexandrov.

[Edited by - VDesai on 03/31/2005 13:15:47]
bigpimpin
USA
3/31/2005  1:15 PM
Judging by your Fanstasy League team I can see why you are so high on this guy. Oh wait, I know you...you are the commissioner of the league. HAHAHAHAHA.

No, seriously before I get attacked..I understand and respect your point VDesai. It's just that it's hard to formulate an opinion about someone that noone knows anything about. I read where you said that the NBA scouts know more than we do. I would agree but it's just that I don't see any NBA scouts in this forum.

I enjoyed reading up on him tho.
bigpimpin
USA
3/31/2005  1:18 PM
Posted by VDesai:
Posted by bigpimpin:
Posted by VDesai:

What is your point? You're starting a completely unrelated discussion. Are you saying know more than NBA scouts? Or are you saying scouts mistakes? The first one is wrong, the second one is right. Either way you're getting off on a tangent. I'm just wondering if people had opinions and info on Alexandrov.

I gave an opinion. You were the one wo came back with "i'm sure NBA scouts know more than we do".

You started the discussion. I told you that I don't know anything about the guy. How does that translate into I know more than NBA scouts? I merely gave my point of view on how they may not know more than you think they know.

There is not a person on this board that has seen this guy play.

Think!
VDesai
USA
3/31/2005  1:21 PM
Posted by bigpimpin:

Judging by your Fanstasy League team I can see why you are so high on this guy. Oh wait, I know you...you are the commissioner of the league. HAHAHAHAHA.

No, seriously before I get attacked..I understand and respect your point VDesai. It's just that it's hard to formulate an opinion about someone that noone knows anything about. I read where you said that the NBA scouts know more than we do. I would agree but it's just that I don't see any NBA scouts in this forum.

I enjoyed reading up on him tho.

Are you seriously bringing up the fantasy league as if it has any bearing on ANYTHING here? I haven't had the time to follow that league much this year. I haven't even posted here much this season untill the last couple of weeks. Again we're getting of on a tangent. Back on point, I never said that I liked this guy, in fact, if you read my post, I said I didn't advocate drafting him and thought he was the riskiest guy in the draft.
VDesai
USA
3/31/2005  1:25 PM
Posted by bigpimpin:
Posted by VDesai:
Posted by bigpimpin:
Posted by VDesai:

What is your point? You're starting a completely unrelated discussion. Are you saying know more than NBA scouts? Or are you saying scouts mistakes? The first one is wrong, the second one is right. Either way you're getting off on a tangent. I'm just wondering if people had opinions and info on Alexandrov.

I gave an opinion. You were the one wo came back with "i'm sure NBA scouts know more than we do".

You started the discussion. I told you that I don't know anything about the guy. How does that translate into I know more than NBA scouts? I merely gave my point of view on how they may not know more than you think they know.

There is not a person on this board that has seen this guy play.

Think!

You said no one knew anything about this guy, to which I said I'm sure NBA scouts know something about this guy, to which you responded with mistakes that NBA scouts have made. It was not clear whether you were implying that NBA scouts know as much as me, you, or any other fan, or whether you were just saying they make mistakes. Either way, I only started this thread to get other fans opinions and possible new informantion on this draft prospect.
bigpimpin
USA
3/31/2005  1:38 PM
VDesai,

i apologize to you for misunderstanding. I hope you can find some way in your heart to forgive me for jumping to conclusions. I also would like to ask for your forgiveness for bringing the Fanstasy League into this discussion. Now that I have had this experience, I 'm sure I will learn how to not type on my keyboard until i get a full understanding of what is being said.

Signed
Big ol' pimp
Nemanja Alexandrov

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy