[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Gerald Green : Mcdonalds AA game!!
Author Thread
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
3/30/2005  8:27 PM
Man Green is impressive!! Won the dunk contest with incredible dunks for an 18yr old. He's a lot more muscular than I thought nothing like crawford, like someone compared his build to. He also did look a legit 6-8 definitely not 6-6. and now that the game started he's raining 3's. I love this guy! As I type he drains another 3! I really see the McGrady comparisons now!

also CJ Miles is playing. He would a great pick with the 29th pick if we land Taft!
AUTOADVERT
JUNKMEIN
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #797
3/30/2005  8:33 PM
G"D Damn Guns. This Green kid is killing them. What was going on with him in the Round Ball classic? He's got absurd range. I was not as floored with the slamdunk contest although he did quite well. However he's unstoppable tonight. Tempting tempting tempting....but we need a center.....I think Btw, Bynum looks good too. Whew
JUNKMEIN
3/30/2005  8:33 PM
Ridiculous. He won't last to us man. He'll be top 6, no doubt.
teslawlo
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #699
USA
3/30/2005  8:40 PM
when you have a really good pick and a chance to draft a player at a position you don't need who is levels above a player at a position that you DO need help at, you draft the best guy. It's like passing on jordan because you already have a good SG. And not to say that green is the next mj, but if you really think this guy is gonna be someone on tmac's level, then you draft him over the others...
http://allknicks.com
gunsnewing
USA
3/30/2005  8:53 PM
I have him slightly ahead of Taft right now only because of Taft's gazyness, but I would still love Taft if Green is gone. And if both are gone draft McCants who should definitely be there at around 7-9.
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
3/30/2005  11:00 PM
Green is sick,his leaping ability is crazy and so is his range on his shot, but I just noticed one thing, guys like green, monta ellis don't seem to be the well spoken polished individuals as other guys in that game that are going to college, you can tell who is going and aspiring to play collegiate ball at big time programs and who is waiting for the paycheck. I look at that Mcroberts kid, he can play, is smart, just a well rounded kid, and he is going to college, looks as if he can play pro ball now.. Then I look at Kobe, Lebron, Garnett, those guys were smart, spoke well, intelligent kids, they had the whole package, I listened to green speak, and he is a nice and honest kid but for some reason I don't get this vibe from him that he is on the same level as kobe and lebron were, mentally. I would like him on the knicks, but you can see the difference between he and guys like lebron and Kobe, just their presence. Now physically, Greene has it all, he is scary... On a side note, monta ellis and that louis williams kid(i see him play here in gA) need college. plain and simple..
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
3/30/2005  11:45 PM
Off of what i saw, there was two locked lottery picks if they so desired in Mcroberts[who is a spitting playing style and build of Tom Chambers] and Gerald Greene. I also think that kid amir johnson could be a late lotto to mid round pick even though he didnt get much burn.

The guards from what I saw in this game all need to go to college to learn how to ribble the ball. Of course this is just one game and we are not privvy to practice type stuff which is more relevant.

Andrew Bynum is going to need to lose some weight. I heard on the Uconn board he was up at 330[purported to be 290] and if he comes into shape like that @ Uconn, he will be puking after the first practice. Kansas and Duke got some real nice players there.

I know this isnt a big deal, but this is the first time I saw what I believe were more talented white guys in such a high caliber game. Nothing racial, but simply noted.

I thought it was a very entertaining game and all the kids were good. Funny thing I remember about McD was how bad Rip Hamilton was, and I was saying sht, this skinny kid who cant even dunk[he was rejected by the rim on a dunk and went 0-4 or something] and now he an NCAA and NBA champ with 60 mm$

a lot of talent out there, if they put in the 20 rule, college basketball will get even more exciting. I still think its the best game in town:>)

Gerald Greene if he wants, will not last by pick 5 and could go anywhere 1-5. Bogut likely will go 1, but Greene has enough talent at the SG to even possibly garner that spot. That left-handed dunk off the base line was unfrikinbelievable.
RIP Crushalot😞
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/30/2005  11:47 PM
Posted by tkf:

Green is sick,his leaping ability is crazy and so is his range on his shot, but I just noticed one thing, guys like green, monta ellis don't seem to be the well spoken polished individuals as other guys in that game that are going to college, you can tell who is going and aspiring to play collegiate ball at big time programs and who is waiting for the paycheck. I look at that Mcroberts kid, he can play, is smart, just a well rounded kid, and he is going to college, looks as if he can play pro ball now.. Then I look at Kobe, Lebron, Garnett, those guys were smart, spoke well, intelligent kids, they had the whole package, I listened to green speak, and he is a nice and honest kid but for some reason I don't get this vibe from him that he is on the same level as kobe and lebron were, mentally. I would like him on the knicks, but you can see the difference between he and guys like lebron and Kobe, just their presence. Now physically, Greene has it all, he is scary... On a side note, monta ellis and that louis williams kid(i see him play here in gA) need college. plain and simple..

I saw Mcroberts smooth dunks! Thats the white kid heading to Duke, right? I thought he won the contest after those great dunks!

NOt many smooth 18 year olds. Lebron is way beyond his years. I remember jermain O'neal got busted for getting a blow job in the stairway of his school by a 13 year old girl! Not smooth! I think Kobe needed some life experience before turning pro. MGrady is a real diva, and Garnett I really don't know about. He seems ok, in fact most of them are good guys, but just have a real huge ego which they don't seem very happy. These divas just don't seem to have a spark in their eye! The Spark Lebron got, Grant Hill got, Duncan, Shaq, etc. Marbs, even though he went for a eyar just seems like a miserable person!
tkf
3/30/2005  11:51 PM
Briggs, that left handed dunk was crazy, but those 3 straight threes he hit from NBA range was sick also. If the knicks have pick 6, they need to take him, trade up with their later pick and take a big, I will be happy with that.. Ariza and Green would be nice wingmen on the break for marbs..
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
tkf
3/30/2005  11:57 PM
Posted by Nalod:
Posted by tkf:

I saw Mcroberts smooth dunks! Thats the white kid heading to Duke, right? I thought he won the contest after those great dunks!

NOt many smooth 18 year olds. Lebron is way beyond his years. I remember jermain O'neal got busted for getting a blow job in the stairway of his school by a 13 year old girl! Not smooth! I think Kobe needed some life experience before turning pro. MGrady is a real diva, and Garnett I really don't know about. He seems ok, in fact most of them are good guys, but just have a real huge ego which they don't seem very happy. These divas just don't seem to have a spark in their eye! The Spark Lebron got, Grant Hill got, Duncan, Shaq, etc. Marbs, even though he went for a eyar just seems like a miserable person!

yea marbs does seem miserable at times, but that dunk contest was no contest after green did that throw the ball on the bounce and between the leg slam, it was game, set, match. But mcroberts did himself good tonight, the kid can play for sure, and yes he is going to duke. I see your point about some of these younger guys like Oneal,T-mac etc. but that is why I guess they didn't go higher. Greene has all the talent, but I don't know if I see that spark as you call it.. but he may be worth a shot, with all that talent he has..
bigpimpin
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #801
USA
3/31/2005  12:34 AM
Posted by tkf:

Since you want to judge then you shall be judged.

If you speak in te same manner that you write then you also need to attend college. You talk like you got a G.E.D.
"Anyone who sits around waiting to hit the lottery, whether basketball or real life, in order to better their position is a loser."
gunsnewing
USA
3/31/2005  1:59 AM
I missed the 2nd half but I'm so glad you guys liked Green! I'm very impressed! This is the guy was trying to convince you guys what we should take but i thought when all was said and done he's be a top 3 or 4 pick. I gotta somehow see that left-handed dunk! let me go watch some sportscenter
JUNKMEIN
3/31/2005  6:05 AM
Posted by tkf:

Then I look at Kobe, Lebron, Garnett, those guys were smart, spoke well, intelligent kids, they had the whole package, I listened to green speak, and he is a nice and honest kid but for some reason I don't get this vibe from him that he is on the same level as kobe and lebron were, mentally. I would like him on the knicks, but you can see the difference between he and guys like lebron and Kobe, just their presence. Now physically, Greene has it all, he is scary.

Well lets see here. You think Kobe spoke real well and was real intelligent and Green didn't seem to have as much on the ball from a mental standpoint atleast. Hmm, last I checked Kobe is an ex-alleged rapist and is considered the primadonnas of primadonnas in the league. I don't think Green is 19 years old yet and although he is not as smooth and articulate from a grammar standpoint I was not struck that he was not an intelligent person. Mainly what I saw was a kid that has had the camera in his face before. He was able to call on a number of catch phrase responses to questions. If you were to say he's as country as a hill of beans...then i'm wit cha. He's not from a blue state but a red state and his accent reflects that. Seems super intelligent to me and all he needs is the right enviornment. Isiah could most definitely provide that. Guns, the kid changed my mind last night. Gotta go with Green and hope we can get a big with a later 1st round pick Unfortunately, I don't think he's gonna drop to us in the 8 or 9 spot. Play hard...but lose.
DarkKnicks
Member: #882
Spain
3/31/2005  6:33 AM
Posted by JUNKMEIN:

Ridiculous. He won't last to us man. He'll be top 6, no doubt.
Yes
diderotn
Member: #650
USA
3/31/2005  8:59 AM
Isiah has a plan.....
The true Knickabocker..........
MS
Member: #724
3/31/2005  9:10 AM
Gun, you beat me two it i was going to open up the morning saying we need to get this kid, he is extremely polished and young, i don't really see him falling two us considering he jumps out of the building has good size and can shoot the rock, but i would really like the pick-up....
joec32033
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #583
USA
3/31/2005  9:13 AM
Nothing like a an All-star game to up a kid's draft value.
~You can't run from who you are.~
edsonline
Member: #735
3/31/2005  9:15 AM
According to Associated Press article on the game Green said after the game that he is going to Oklahoma State next year. We'll see. Let's hope he comes out. Even if he's picked before the NYK can get him, the more guys in the draft the better, because it will mean more talent is available when we pick.
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
3/31/2005  1:59 PM
if this kid comes out, you will need a lottery position to even sniff him. you need pick 1-2-3 and no one is going to trade these picks with Bogut Williams and Greene.

From what I saw, I would promise that kid McCroberts whatever position we had, pick 9? but if that kid came out, I even doubt he would make it pas 6 myself.

After that, the only kid that could make the leap worthy of a reasonably high pick was amir johnson, just off what he showed in his athletic ability and agility for his size. all star game are tough to judge

i can name 4-5 guys that could be back end 1s that is saw.

After what I saw last night, I realize that Greene is not an option unless we win the lottery because there is 0/100 chance he is lower than pick 5 at worst, and I doubt that far.
RIP Crushalot😞
Pharzeone
Alba Posts: 14
Member: #871
3/31/2005  2:08 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:

if this kid comes out, you will need a lottery position to even sniff him. you need pick 1-2-3 and no one is going to trade these picks with Bogut Williams and Greene.

From what I saw, I would promise that kid McCroberts whatever position we had, pick 9? but if that kid came out, I even doubt he would make it pas 6 myself.

After that, the only kid that could make the leap worthy of a reasonably high pick was amir johnson, just off what he showed in his athletic ability and agility for his size. all star game are tough to judge

i can name 4-5 guys that could be back end 1s that is saw.

After what I saw last night, I realize that Greene is not an option unless we win the lottery because there is 0/100 chance he is lower than pick 5 at worst, and I doubt that far.
Briggs, if any of these guys come out, guys who we thought were unattainable will drop. We aren't going to be picking that far down. I mean Atlanta will take Bogut for sure but I don't know about Green. There is talk about trading their pick if they can't land Bogut.
I don't like to play bad rookies , I like to play good rookies - Mike D'Antoni
Gerald Green : Mcdonalds AA game!!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy