Pick 53 Travis Diener 6-1 185 PG
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
DarkKnicks
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #882
Spain
3/30/2005  3:02 PM
Just for the Kurt Thomas trade, this would be good.
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
3/30/2005  3:03 PM
Posted by DarkKnicks:

Just for the Kurt Thomas trade, this would be good.

I agree

or we can package the later picks this year and next year's to move up to 13-20
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
3/30/2005  3:08 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:

Trade KT to Orlando for Tony Battie and pick 13

Pick 8 Rashad McCants 6-4 210 SG
Pick 13 Johan Petro 7-0 245 C/PF
Pick 30 Pops Bonshu 6-9 240 F

great for the Knicks, but why does ORL do it? they have Dwight Howard at the PF position for the next several years & they can get a serviceable backup for him for alot less than the $8 million or so KT's contract will become when his trade kicker takes effect.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
3/30/2005  3:26 PM
Posted by TMS:
Posted by BRIGGS:

great for the Knicks, but why does ORL do it? they have Dwight Howard at the PF position for the next several years & they can get a serviceable backup for him for alot less than the $8 million or so KT's contract will become when his trade kicker takes effect.

Thats the whole key, Dwight Howard is the type of PF that would be better off with KT at C.

What is the word serviceable? Loren Woods? Personally I do not believe in the word serviceable in the NBA, maybe a back up C in baseball, but not basketball. KT is a very good ball player, but he is not a good fit here. Who can they get as good as KT for their pick and Tony Battie? That way they can use their MLE on a SG.
RIP Crushalot😞
edsonline
Member: #735
3/30/2005  3:36 PM
F---ING AWESOME!! BYE KURT!!
TMS
USA
3/30/2005  4:01 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:

Thats the whole key, Dwight Howard is the type of PF that would be better off with KT at C.

What is the word serviceable? Loren Woods? Personally I do not believe in the word serviceable in the NBA, maybe a back up C in baseball, but not basketball. KT is a very good ball player, but he is not a good fit here. Who can they get as good as KT for their pick and Tony Battie? That way they can use their MLE on a SG.

i don't doubt that Howard would play well next to KT, but i don't believe for a second that they would trade an expiring contract & a lottery pick to get KT when he has that trade kicker & is signed through 2008 to boot...there are guys like Etan Thomas, Kenny Thomas, Kurt Thomas, etc. available just about every year at MLE type dollars...why would any team trade a lottery pick for something they can simply sign via free agency?
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Pharzeone
Alba Posts: 14
Member: #871
3/30/2005  4:21 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by TMS:
Posted by BRIGGS:

I can see that, like your picks, except I would put Blatche over Pops. I agree that Orlando would and should make that trade if they think they are ready to compete next season. KT is worth a late lottery pick. Hell, Davis got the Pacers the 10th pick, and KT is better. Battie is a poor man's Dwight Howard. KT will be the offensive big men they need. You can tell that the Magic ownership didn't believe this should have been a down year. I would also see what you can get from Cleveland. Might be a multiple type of deal thing. KT will be in demand this off season.
I don't like to play bad rookies , I like to play good rookies - Mike D'Antoni
TMS
USA
3/30/2005  4:37 PM
KT is worth a late lottery pick.

would you give up a lottery pick to get KT if he was on the Magic & we needed a C?...we always tend to over-value these guys when it comes to reasoning why other teams would want them, but try putting yourselves in the shoes of the other team & see if you would actually give up a lottery pick for a player who is about as good as several other players who become available just about every year for MLE money. the Magic would never do this, get real.
Hell, Davis got the Pacers the 10th pick, and KT is better.

Davis has an expiring contract as well...KT has a trade kicker & he's signed through 2008.

Battie is a poor man's Dwight Howard.

if Dwight Howard were Donald Trump, i guess you could say Tony Battie was the doorman to his building.

KT will be in demand this off season.

they've been saying that about him for the last 3 years running, & he's still a Knick...when do you just decide to accept the fact that he doesn't carry as much value to other teams as you might hope he did?
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
3/30/2005  4:46 PM
Posted by Pharzeone:
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by TMS:
Posted by BRIGGS:

I can see that, like your picks, except I would put Blatche over Pops. I agree that Orlando would and should make that trade if they think they are ready to compete next season. KT is worth a late lottery pick. Hell, Davis got the Pacers the 10th pick, and KT is better. Battie is a poor man's Dwight Howard. KT will be the offensive big men they need. You can tell that the Magic ownership didn't believe this should have been a down year. I would also see what you can get from Cleveland. Might be a multiple type of deal thing. KT will be in demand this off season.

I had 0 idea Pops was coming out until 2 days ago. I didnt even think it was worth mentioning. But Pops is a monster,he has the same body type as antonio mcdyess with the same athletic ability. It is rare to find a guy that big with a 40 inch vertical. He's raw and he played the season hurt after game 5. Think about a guy who weighs 40 pounds more than Trevor and inch taller, who can jump even higher. he ooooozes with spectaclar potential. Blatche is a boy, Pops is a man. we need men on this team unless they are 7-3:>)
RIP Crushalot😞
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
3/30/2005  5:18 PM
A team is not gonna give up a lottery pick to get Kurt Thomas. Maybe Houston gives up its 1st rd pick (around #20?) in exchange for the 2nd rd pick and Kurt.
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
3/30/2005  7:24 PM
KT would be a nice fit in orlando, but I don't see them giving up pick 13 go get it done, now if we gave them the late first round pick for 13, then they might go for that, but that would leave us with 3 first round picks instead of 4...
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
3/30/2005  7:45 PM
Posted by TMS:

would you give up a lottery pick to get KT if he was on the Magic & we needed a C?...we always tend to over-value these guys when it comes to reasoning why other teams would want them, but try putting yourselves in the shoes of the other team & see if you would actually give up a lottery pick for a player who is about as good as several other players who become available just about every year for MLE money. the Magic would never do this, get real.

Davis has an expiring contract as well...KT has a trade kicker & he's signed through 2008.

if Dwight Howard were Donald Trump, i guess you could say Tony Battie was the doorman to his building.

they've been saying that about him for the last 3 years running, & he's still a Knick...when do you just decide to accept the fact that he doesn't carry as much value to other teams as you might hope he did?

or just go back to the Wizards board at espn.com and see how hard they laughed at that the idea of trading Kwame for Kurt. And thats for Kwame folks! a 13th pick has a lot more value!
Solace
Alba Posts: 20
Member: #479
USA
3/30/2005  7:51 PM
I like it a lot. Nice idea, Briggs. Plus, Battie is a decent backup C for us to keep.
Solace
USA
3/30/2005  7:53 PM
Posted by gunsnewing:
Posted by TMS:

or just go back to the Wizards board at espn.com and see how hard they laughed at that the idea of trading Kwame for Kurt. And thats for Kwame folks! a 13th pick has a lot more value!

How is Kwame anything like a 13th pick? Sure, he's been a bust so far, but he's still a former #1 pick with potential. If the Wizards traded Kwame for anything less than a top 9 pick, they'd have to be insane.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
3/30/2005  9:26 PM
Posted by Solace:
Posted by gunsnewing:
Posted by TMS:

How is Kwame anything like a 13th pick? Sure, he's been a bust so far, but he's still a former #1 pick with potential. If the Wizards traded Kwame for anything less than a top 9 pick, they'd have to be insane.
Where you drafted a player is part of the past that shouldn't factor into who you would trade the player for. If I owned the Wizards, I'd trade Kwame for Al Jefferson, who was the 15th or 16th pick last year. In a deep draft like this I would trade him for the 13th pick too because the Wizards are already deep at the PF/C positions.
Solace
USA
3/30/2005  11:39 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by Solace:
Posted by gunsnewing:
Posted by TMS:

Where you drafted a player is part of the past that shouldn't factor into who you would trade the player for. If I owned the Wizards, I'd trade Kwame for Al Jefferson, who was the 15th or 16th pick last year. In a deep draft like this I would trade him for the 13th pick too because the Wizards are already deep at the PF/C positions.

Okay, then, who is available at #13 in this draft who you'd rather have than Kwame? Personally, I think Kwame is worth a bit more than a #13 pick in this draft, but we may differ in that view.
MS
Member: #724
3/31/2005  9:56 AM
First off all i would not trade Kwame, and because i have a brain like Grunfeld he is going to move Jefferies before anyone....he has etan thomas and haywood maning the center position both have value, if he sees the right deal i am sure he could package one of those three and a pick to move up and hold onto brown.....

I would trade KT to Houston, and i think they would do the deal, but no way in hell do i waste a pick on McCants that early
diderotn
Member: #650
USA
3/31/2005  10:04 AM
Jeffries and Dixon would both be excellent pickups for the Knicks...JJ has great potentials and unlike TT, he has a great work ethic. A lineup of Marb, Craw, JJ, Sweet, Haywood would be a great lineup. JJ is just growing and he has played really well this season...

Posted by MS:

First off all i would not trade Kwame, and because i have a brain like Grunfeld he is going to move Jefferies before anyone....he has etan thomas and haywood maning the center position both have value, if he sees the right deal i am sure he could package one of those three and a pick to move up and hold onto brown.....

I would trade KT to Houston, and i think they would do the deal, but no way in hell do i waste a pick on McCants that early
The true Knickabocker..........
TMS
USA
3/31/2005  10:19 AM
what do you need w/Jared Jefferies when we have Ariza? the key is to get players that COMPLEMENT one another well, not fill the exact same roles as the other...Juan Dixon would be a decent FA pickup w/the LLE to be a backup combo G though, i agree w/that, but i'd much rather have Lindsey Hunter since he plays D & can shoot the open 3.
How about this draft?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy