[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

i want to hear the fans views on this team after the last 4 games
Author Thread
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
4/1/2005  10:52 AM
So this offseason better spring eternal hope. He had the option of staying in the lottery in 2003 and using our assets to acquire more picks with what we had. he made the quick decision on Starbury and Lenny--he didnt have to do it. he couldve said the only way out of this mess is to rebuild the team or Im not taking the job.
You use words like "quick" to describe Isiah's decision because you don't like the decision. But you really don't know that it was a quick decision. He may have put enormous thought into and decided that it was a weak draft and Marbury would be better than whoever we'd get with a mid lottery pick. Just say you don't like the decision. Don't make assumptions about Isiah not putting thought into decisions.
AUTOADVERT
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
4/1/2005  10:56 AM
It looks like the Knicks are modelling their approach after the Yankees
There's a lot to choose from but thats one of the dumber things you have said.

The Yankee's foolishly spend $$$ money in the late 80s early 90s on guys like Tartabull. Then they stopped. They drafted. They built a core of young players. Pettitte, Mariano, Jeter, Bernie, Oneil (trade for RKelly), Posada, Medoza... they had a GREAT young core of players, then and only after they went to the playoffs and one a TITLE did they start to spend. Also everyone of their huge contracts was either resign one of their own guys or take a player in the prime of their career playing at an high level. Probably the only guy that didnt fit that bill was Kevin Brown because of his age. Matsui, Contreras and Irabu were calculated gambles.

All the Knicks have done is filled a roster of overpaid players that nobody else in the league wants.

You look at players the Yankees ave added in the last 4-5 years and they are guys EVERYONE wants. Arod, Randy Johnson, Mussina, Pavano, MAtsuii, etc, etc... 25 man roster there might be 2 guys who are dead weight. thats 10%. On the Knicks there are about 4-5 guys that arent dead weight and thats being nice.

I usually dont respond to your posts but as a Yankee season ticket holder thats just a joke.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
4/1/2005  11:00 AM
Posted by Bonn1997:
So this offseason better spring eternal hope. He had the option of staying in the lottery in 2003 and using our assets to acquire more picks with what we had. he made the quick decision on Starbury and Lenny--he didnt have to do it. he couldve said the only way out of this mess is to rebuild the team or Im not taking the job.
You use words like "quick" to describe Isiah's decision because you don't like the decision. But you really don't know that it was a quick decision. He may have put enormous thought into and decided that it was a weak draft and Marbury would be better than whoever we'd get with a mid lottery pick. Just say you don't like the decision. Don't make assumptions about Isiah not putting thought into decisions.

man, you nitpick at every little thing...sometimes it's alright to let somebody else have the last word. i expect a response but this will be the last i talk of it.
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
4/1/2005  11:00 AM
Posted by Bonn1997:

How was last years draft bad? explain that one to me? you had great players up and down the board. you are saying its bad because isiah said so? well last year was a TREMENDOUS draft, you can easily say, it may be better than this one.
RIP Crushalot😞
Bonn1997
USA
4/1/2005  11:06 AM
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by Bonn1997:

How was last years draft bad? explain that one to me? you had great players up and down the board. you are saying its bad because isiah said so? well last year was a TREMENDOUS draft, you can easily say, it may be better than this one.
I didn't say it was weak; I said maybe Isiah put a lot of thought into and thought it was weak, which is what he said. You've said many times that he made a "quick" decision or "rushed into" the Marbury decision. It seems like you're just trying to put down his decision making process.
Bonn1997
USA
4/1/2005  11:08 AM
Posted by fishmike:
It looks like the Knicks are modelling their approach after the Yankees
There's a lot to choose from but thats one of the dumber things you have said.

The Yankee's foolishly spend $$$ money in the late 80s early 90s on guys like Tartabull. Then they stopped. They drafted. They built a core of young players. Pettitte, Mariano, Jeter, Bernie, Oneil (trade for RKelly), Posada, Medoza... they had a GREAT young core of players, then and only after they went to the playoffs and one a TITLE did they start to spend. Also everyone of their huge contracts was either resign one of their own guys or take a player in the prime of their career playing at an high level. Probably the only guy that didnt fit that bill was Kevin Brown because of his age. Matsui, Contreras and Irabu were calculated gambles.

All the Knicks have done is filled a roster of overpaid players that nobody else in the league wants.

You look at players the Yankees ave added in the last 4-5 years and they are guys EVERYONE wants. Arod, Randy Johnson, Mussina, Pavano, MAtsuii, etc, etc... 25 man roster there might be 2 guys who are dead weight. thats 10%. On the Knicks there are about 4-5 guys that arent dead weight and thats being nice.

I usually dont respond to your posts but as a Yankee season ticket holder thats just a joke.
I'm not gonna go back to kindergarden and start calling your statements dumb, but I think you read MUCH, MUCH more into the statement than I meant. The only thing I meant was that both teams try to upgrade their rosters by spending a lot of money. Chill dude!
The Yankees can add players that everyone wants because there's no salary cap. The Knicks would be adding star free agents that everyone wants too if there were no salary cap. The next best thing (and it's undoubtedly inferior) is to use trade assets to get stars like Marbury.

[Edited by - Bonn1997 on 04/01/2005 11:11:14]
fishmike
USA
4/1/2005  11:14 AM
MArbury... ONE GUY. Whats everyone elses excuse?

Man, Im so sick of waiting until the next draft, the next year, the next trade for our GM to do something that makes sense. Its been like this since Ernie left. It sucks... how long do I have to wait?
Bonn1997
USA
4/1/2005  11:33 AM
Posted by fishmike:

One guy, one year. How many stars did you expect Isiah to add in one year?
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
4/1/2005  11:34 AM
Posted by fishmike:

Man, Im so sick of waiting until the next draft, the next year, the next trade for our GM to do something that makes sense. Its been like this since Ernie left. It sucks... how long do I have to wait?

i agree w/u fish...if nothing significant happens by the trade deadline next season to upgrade this team, i am really going to be down on Isiah too...i don't care how long Layden got from us fans, this is unacceptable that the greatest city in the World has to have a sorry arse team representing them for the past 6 years...Isiah needs to get on the phones & get something done that really has a noticeable impact...no more excuses.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Bonn1997
USA
4/1/2005  11:37 AM
Posted by TMS:
Posted by fishmike:

i agree w/u fish...if nothing significant happens by the trade deadline next season to upgrade this team, i am really going to be down on Isiah too
Considering the trade assets the team has this offseason, I would join you and Fish too and be really down on Isiah in that hypothetical situation.
fishmike
USA
4/1/2005  11:49 AM
who said anything about stars? I'm just talking about adding bad deals attached to weak players. Want to count how many of those he added?
There's something to be said for addition by subtraction. If Isiah is such a good judge of talent why not just let scrubs like Moochie, Baker (who he signed), Nazr, KVH... whoever, just walk away when their contracts expire. Replace them with FAs and drafted players.

But whatever... I know you think Isiah will just fix it and waive his magic wand and if he doesnt he has 3 years because thats what any GM needs, etc etc

It doesnt matter. The wins speak for themselves as does the payroll attached to them. Isiah has done nothing to improve either.

I'm sure next year will be different.
Bonn1997
USA
4/1/2005  11:54 AM
Waive his magic wand? That's a classic
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
4/1/2005  12:38 PM
I'm talking about impact players fish...i don't want anymore marginal role players being brought in here...if Isiah is going to make a deal, it better be for a player who will make an immediate impact, or at least be a young player who looks to be a player of that ilk in the very near future...if he has to take on salary to do it, i'll support that, but it HAS to be comparable to the amount of impact the player is going to make for this team not only next year, but for several seasons after.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Bonn1997
USA
4/1/2005  12:41 PM
Posted by TMS:

I'm talking about impact players fish...i don't want anymore marginal role players being brought in here...if Isiah is going to make a deal, it better be for a player who will make an immediate impact, or at least be a young player who looks to be a player of that ilk in the very near future...if he has to take on salary to do it, i'll support that, but it HAS to be comparable to the amount of impact the player is going to make for this team not only next year, but for several seasons after.
Agreed. Considering our assets this offseason, that's my expectation too.
fishmike
USA
4/1/2005  12:44 PM
our assets got a lot worse when we traded for Mo Taylor. I'm assuming your refering to expiring contracts which are hardly assets, especially in an offseason. Penny and TT are more valueable come Feb, but my hopes for Isiah recognizing the obvious have diminished over the last couple months.
Bonn1997
USA
4/1/2005  12:50 PM
Posted by fishmike:

our assets got a lot worse when we traded for Mo Taylor. I'm assuming your refering to expiring contracts which are hardly assets, especially in an offseason. Penny and TT are more valueable come Feb, but my hopes for Isiah recognizing the obvious have diminished over the last couple months.
No, I wasn't. By assets, I was actually referring to four first round draft picks over the next two years, expiring contracts, Ariza, and Sweetney. (Don't yell at me and say trading all those players would kill our future and that we need to get younger. All I'm saying is those are potential assets, some or all of which could be used depending on how attractive the offer from the other team(s) involved is.)
Pharzeone
Alba Posts: 14
Member: #871
4/1/2005  1:05 PM
Posted by fishmike:

I like Ernie but I hated about 2/3s of the things he did too. He couldn't draft (Charlie Ward shouldn't be your best draft pick on your watch), his signings weren't that great with Houston being the best of them. He made excellent trades. That is where he exceled. We kill Isiah for Lenny but Grunfeld brought in Nelson. And wasn't that wonderful. As far as I am concern this franchise saving grace since its championship years was and remains #33. He covered up alot of BS that this franchise has put out over the years and now he ain't there no more.
I don't like to play bad rookies , I like to play good rookies - Mike D'Antoni
fishmike
USA
4/1/2005  1:32 PM
Ernie made mistakes... every GM does and will, but you can avoid certain pitfalls by following a philosophy. Ernie NEVER took on a bad contract. Name one... the worst was probably LJ. Ward was a great pick for where we got him. He had a lot of potential but he never turned out to be better than a role player. Thats life in the late 1st round.
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
4/1/2005  1:49 PM
Actually, Childs was the worst contract, but I still thought he was a real solid player for us. I enjoyed having him on the team more than Mark Jackson! (When we traded for him)
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
4/1/2005  1:51 PM
if this team trades ANY of these 4 first round picks WITHOUT getting any first round picks in return, we will be stuck for a long long time.

OVERPAYING is this GM's M.O. and i hope that's he learned already but i don't think his ego allows it.

i think he's going to use these 2 picks and keep them, that's my gut instinct b/c of all the scouting he's been doing. that's a good thing. and pretty much the ONLY thing that will make me somewhat happier about our situation. any trades this summer WILL result in less cap manageability which will not make me happy this summer. i don't care if he turns penny into zach randolph, any contract that he gets back that even goes past 06/07 would hurt us more than help.

ALL those posts about h20's contract being the albatross and how we can never get under the cap until it's off the books amounted to absolutely nothing. with the way things are going, it's going to be marbury's contract that's the albatross...
i want to hear the fans views on this team after the last 4 games

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy