[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

when does this team cut marbury's playing time?
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
3/30/2005  12:23 PM
is there one person here who doesnt believe he should be cut down to 25-28 minutes for the rest of the year at this point?

I mean doesnt giving minutes to Ariza, Butler Sundov and Sweetney make any sense? Let Kt's finger start healing. Don't risk Marbury with b-b-b-b 45+ minutes.

the last thing the organization needs is some kind of injury to marbury for overuse at this point. There is NOTHINg to gain from this season. the only thing left is to possible give us a better lottery position, and that really is it.

I look at some of these young teams who are out of the playoffs using their young guys, and also happened to BEAT us pretty good.

Are we going to try to do something like we did last year and get some wins against clubs in the east who are starting to lose position?

Ill play to win, but play to win with Ariza Sweetney and dont start him at C! Butler--give these guys run give sweetney 30minutes a game for the last 10. give ariza a consistnet 25 minutes. Get KT out, cut back on Starbury

You are not selling season tickets next year on anything that we have now, NOTHINg--its a bad team.

you know, it has to be a WAKE up call to the fans, the organization etc.. that they lost three games to teams on the tank, and you know the knicks were giving 100%--with no excuses, no injuries, nothing to say.

I say play the young guys cut vets time and LOSE these frikin games,dont tank, but dont put ourselves in position to win unless the young players dictate that we win. We need some F luck, and at worse we need more leverage in the draft.

But guess what, were going to play Marbury 46 minutes every last game and Jackie Butler will only move of the bench if the contest is 30 points with 1 minute left.

that swhy Im saying there is very little difference from Layden to Isiah in some aspects. Who cares if we get Jackie Butler, if we dont give him run at this point? we dont own him, hes a FA!

how did John starks and Anthony mason get noticed? they got BURN.
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
3/30/2005  12:28 PM
i agree 100%...the only reason veteran players should be getting extended play at this point is to showcase them for other players before the offseason trading period begins...unless Isiah is planning on trading Stephon Marbury in the offseason, why risk him being injured? he's got nothing to prove...we need to see what Crawford can do leading a team for extended minutes, & we also need to see Ariza, Sweetney & Butler getting more playing time to assess their talent going into the offseason as well.

i don't mind KT or Mo T getting burn as long as it's for the sole purpose of getting them traded in the offseason.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
3/30/2005  12:41 PM
Posted by TMS:

i agree 100%...the only reason veteran players should be getting extended play at this point is to showcase them for other players before the offseason trading period begins...unless Isiah is planning on trading Stephon Marbury in the offseason, why risk him being injured? he's got nothing to prove...we need to see what Crawford can do leading a team for extended minutes, & we also need to see Ariza, Sweetney & Butler getting more playing time to assess their talent going into the offseason as well.

i don't mind KT or Mo T getting burn as long as it's for the sole purpose of getting them traded in the offseason.

Crawford has already proven that he can play PG..he did it for 3yrs in chicago and averaged almost 6 assists last year! but for whatever reason the dumbest organization in Sports feels they need to play the brewer's, jacksons, moochies of the world instead of getting Crawford accustomed to playing some point for this team so that he can be a combo guard off the bench next year.

What scares me is that they play the jacksons of the world because they think Crawford is a great SG.
TMS
USA
3/30/2005  1:38 PM
i didn't say he needs to prove that he can play PG...Crawford needs to prove that he can lead a team successfully...that means making his team better & helping them to win games...from what i recall the Bulls didn't do much of winning many games when he was running the point in Chicago...he still needs to prove that he can "lead", not just play basketball at a position.

[Edited by - TMS on 03/30/2005 13:39:26]
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
crzymdups
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #671
USA
3/30/2005  2:10 PM
I think they'll try to win the NJN game, but when that game ends like all these others, I think they'll finally start acknowledging the season is lost.

¿ △ ?
diderotn
Member: #650
USA
3/30/2005  2:29 PM
At this point, I believe that Isiah has something to do with what is going on with our boys. I know that Herb is fighting for a job, but it is in Isiah's best advantage to shut both Kurt and Marburry down and allow them the recover. Even when Kurt may not return next season, but one thing is for sure, his stock may disappear if he injures himself in the next game, same goes for Marburry. We need for Marburry to desperately rest his anckles....Wake up Herb, get a clue, this team is not going anywhere, at least not this season.
The true Knickabocker..........
DarkKnicks
Member: #882
Spain
3/30/2005  3:39 PM
Definately, Marbury has to play less than 38 minutes, because it's pointless. But I don't think Herb will do it until there are 3 games remaining.
I don't want Kurt Thomas to even dress up for the game. Although...if we want to have a higher pick maybe it's a good option
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/30/2005  3:45 PM
Marbs is playing for stats at this point.

Marbs only player besides the Big "O" to average over 20 pts and 8assists!

That is what Marbs is playing for!
TMS
USA
3/30/2005  4:04 PM
Posted by Nalod:

well, he's already got that, so he can sit the rest of the season if need be...play Crawford & let him show if he can lead this team in Steph's absence.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
3/30/2005  5:14 PM
Posted by Nalod:

What do you expect Marbury to do? Try to get fewer points and fewer assists? It's his job to score and to improve the scoring of teammates by setting them up. I expect him to keep doing that as long as he's on the floor. It's not playing for stats; it's doing your job. I don't expect him to *ask* for his minutes to be cut when he loves the game; it's Isiah's job (not Marbury's) to realize that his minutes should be cut right now.
when does this team cut marbury's playing time?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy