Posted by diderotn:

who is Rick????

Pitino.
AUTOADVERT
Kwazimodal
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #728
3/30/2005  3:51 PM
The Riley era is over.He has a great chance of being GM of a championship team,possibly a dynasty.He has done it as a player,a coach,now he gets the chance to do it as a GM.

I dont want to see him back here.He did some great things and helped fans feel good about the Knicks like they hadnt in a long time but I doubt he would have the same success.He had some bad luck in Miami as coach,but some of it had to do with his style which wasnt reaching the players like it used to.

Isiah is going to have his work cut out for him over the summer in building a team that a coach like Phil or Flip are going to see as a team headed in the right direction.

As for Herb,he may not have to worry about his job if Isiah doesnt make some good draft picks.Moves that get us more than a Taylor or a Rose and more cap hell.

If he doesnt,I doubt that anyone of consequence will want to coach here.

TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
3/30/2005  4:28 PM
Posted by Kwazimodal:

The Riley era is over.He has a great chance of being GM of a championship team,possibly a dynasty.He has done it as a player,a coach,now he gets the chance to do it as a GM.

I dont want to see him back here.He did some great things and helped fans feel good about the Knicks like they hadnt in a long time but I doubt he would have the same success.He had some bad luck in Miami as coach,but some of it had to do with his style which wasnt reaching the players like it used to.

Isiah is going to have his work cut out for him over the summer in building a team that a coach like Phil or Flip are going to see as a team headed in the right direction.

As for Herb,he may not have to worry about his job if Isiah doesnt make some good draft picks.Moves that get us more than a Taylor or a Rose and more cap hell.

If he doesnt,I doubt that anyone of consequence will want to coach here.

let's say the Heat win the NBA championship this year...Riley would have accomplished his goal of building up an NBA franchise from scratch & leading them to an NBA title...he could then look to finishing what he started in NY years ago but never completed...every great competitor relishes a challenge...that's why you see guys like Jordan, Ewing, Jerry Rice, Emmit Smith, etc. finding it so hard to cope w/the idea of retirement...Pat Riley is a huge competitor in terms of coaching...i think he would relish the opportunity to come back, but ONLY if Dolan were to give him complete control over the Knicks' franchise like he wanted when he left here, which again is unlikely to happen as long as Isiah is here.

i've said the idea of having Isiah take over as coach is the next best option if we can't get a Riley, Phil or Larry B, & i stick to that notion...if these players don't respect him enough to play hard, then they'll never respect anyone period...he brought them all here to begin with pretty much.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Kwazimodal
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #728
3/30/2005  4:49 PM
Riley has lost his mojo when it comes to coaching IMO.I dont believe that players listen to Pat the way they used to.That was pretty evident in his last years as Heat coach when he pretty much conceded that fact to the press.

Besides,I still thought the way he left was sleazy,considering how he was idolized in NY.Id rather see Flip or Phil or even Pitino who I was PO'd with as well for leaving the Knicks when he did.The fact that he was going to a legendary program like Kentucky made it somewhat understandable.
Berman: Phil Jackson

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy