Ariza vs Pietrus Thread
Author Thread
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
3/30/2005  12:22 PM
Posted by gunsnewing:
Posted by tkf:

guns I don't understand your point man, the fact that ariza does not shoot well, makes him less smarter. Look, you would be hard pressed to find a smarter player than Dennis Rodman, yet he could not shoot a lick, so are you telling me that rodman was not a smart player because he could not shoot a jumper. What I am saying is that pietrus does not make good passes, he relies a lot on instincts, ariza is 19, yet he finds ways to make impact on games in various ways, playing the passing lanes, rebounding, and he is good at finding the open man, he seems to have a very good grasp of the game..Pietrus reacts, like nalod said, he very much reminds me of gerald wilkens....

what exactly does Ariza do offensively that makes him smarter? and he's not the lock down perimeter defender Pietrus is and this team so desperately needs.

guns, come on man, you are going in circles, first of all I stated my case on ariza, what makes him smarter is his decisions, passing decisions, and the fact that he does take the jumper when open, and it has gotten better, the fact that he does not turn the ball over much, if at all, and how he seems to find guys open on the court. that is what makes him smarter, as opposed to pietrus, and if you watch pietrus you will see a guy who if he isn't dunking or trying to dunk, seems unsure of what to do with the ball, meaning the silly cross court passes, and trying to leap over 5 guys... and stop this lock down defender BS, pietrus is not a lock down defender, that term is overused, he is not payton, or even rip hamilton on defense for that matter, or stephen jackson... who has pietrus locked down? I swear some guys here that term in the media and apply is so losely, pietrus hasn't locked down his bowels, yet another scorer in this league....
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
AUTOADVERT
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
3/30/2005  12:29 PM
guns: let me rephrase, pietrus is not a dumb player, but he is not a smart one either... I watch west coast basketball a lot, I sit up nightly late, working and I will watch most of those games on satellite, believe me, I formed this opinion long ago...

What I like about ariza is his effectiveness without having plays run for him, for example, I have seen him get the ball, drive his man to the middle of the lane, and spot a wide oepn guy for a easy shot, then go down on the defensive end, get a board, push the ball up, fill the lane, properly and draw the foul. Simple, yet smart. I have also seen ariza pass up a open shot, ask for the ball back after the defense has shifted, then take it to the hoop, to me that is good knowledge, understanding your space on the court and creating space, small things like that, show me that at 19, this kid gets it...
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
Pharzeone
Alba Posts: 14
Member: #871
3/30/2005  1:25 PM
[/quote]

what exactly does Ariza do offensively that makes him smarter? and he's not the lock down perimeter defender Pietrus is and this team so desperately needs.
[/quote]
Neither one of these guys are Bruce Bowen type defenders, so I don't understand why there is so much focus on these young men defensive abilities. Pietrus is the better defender right now, I wouldn't say he locks down Kobe, though. I think Ariza has the tougher assignments though. He is asked to defend the passing lane, to get steals. He ususally has to recover, that is when he gets beat most of the time. On draft day, Pietrus was compared to a young MJ, so he has a hell of lot more improvement to go himself. Ariza is the better passer, and blocker. I would like to see what both players are really like if given a real opportunity. The one thing that both guys got over each other is age. One has more experience while the other has time to develop further at the same point. BTW, both guys try to dunk over everyone. So if that is the criteria for dumb player than they both are.
I don't like to play bad rookies , I like to play good rookies - Mike D'Antoni
Ariza vs Pietrus Thread

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy