[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Gerald Green Report
Author Thread
codeunknown
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #704
3/30/2005  3:16 AM
For those interested in drafting him with our lottery pick, this is my initial impression after seeing him at the Roundball Classic.

1. He does not disappoint in terms of athleticism - he has about a 40 inch vertical. Equivalent to Josh Smith in that regard.

2. His go-to move is a pull-up mid-range jumper. Has a funky release on his shot and it seems like he's leaning in the air when he shoots. Doesn't really get off the ground too high on his shot and does not have a high release - on first notice, it seems blockable to me. (eventhough NBAdraft says otherwise).

3. He has a good handle. Not blindingly quick. Can be knocked off his dribble easily due to a lack of strength. Current pattern = starts his drive, gets bumped, falls back, fadeaway jumper.

4. Its hard to gauge in an all-star game, but he seems to play zero defense all the time - it seemed like he waved a player to the hoop on a number of occasions. Doesn't get over screens. Doesn't stay on his feet - easy to fake him into the air. Maybe, some of this changes in an actual game. On a positive note, he has all the physical tools (long arms, height) to be a good defender.

Movements are very similar to Tracy McGrady, but Mcgrady's release on his jumpshot is a lot more difficult to guard. Also needs to get in the weight room. Overall, I take him at #9 on pure potential - he'll be able to contribute significantly by year 3-4.
Sh-t in the popcorn to go with sh-t on the court. Its a theme show like Medieval times.
AUTOADVERT
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
3/30/2005  7:56 AM
thats the key however long it takes at some point he has the potential to contribute significantly not insignicantly. Taft or McCants will help us right away. but not sure if I would pass up on Green for one of those 2 yet.
Gerald Green Report

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy