[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Lavor Postell's Play
Author Thread
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
3/30/2002  9:24 AM
Two games into his statement about being an "all-star on the rise" Postell continues to still back-up his words with great play. He's scoring at will in limited minutes and after having 20 points last game, he put up 18 points in 28 minutes in this game. Could he be competing with Shandon Anderson for a back-up role next season? I know for a fact if you put Anderson's defense with Postell's offense you would have one great player, but unfortunately, it doesn't work like that. If Postell continues to round out the season like this and works on his defense in the offseason he may turn into a good back-up swingman.
AUTOADVERT
prowler
Member: #135
USA
3/30/2002  10:58 AM
I hate to say i told u so but the guy needs minutes to showcase his talents. Now does anybody want to join in my campaign to " Get More Minutes for Postell." Even with more minutes he could work on his defense. Anderson isn't showing us anything with quality anyway.
knicker for life
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
3/30/2002  11:34 AM
In the future Postell will probably turn out to be a good 6th man, scorer off the bench type.
#Knickstaps
Knixkik
USA
3/30/2002  11:53 AM
Posted by BigSm00th:

In the future Postell will probably turn out to be a good 6th man, scorer off the bench type.
I agree he provides instant scoring which is something we could use. My only concern is hopefully he won't take a high number of shots away from Houston and Sprewell. Thats something we never have to worry about Anderson doing. Still, Anderson would be a much better player and 6th man if he could consistently hit a jumpshot, which is something he can't do. Your back-up swingman needs to be able to score and be a threat from that outside and he isn't one. Most good defenders will play off of him and favor the side Houston and Sprewell are on and that doesn't help the team at all. I still like Anderson and want to see how he can improve over the summer, but the fact is Postell is proving to be a better player.
Starks3
Member: #211
USA
3/30/2002  1:21 PM
I agree he provides instant scoring which is something we could use. My only concern is hopefully he won't take a high number of shots away from Houston and Sprewell. Thats something we never have to worry about Anderson doing. Still, Anderson would be a much better player and 6th man if he could consistently hit a jumpshot, which is something he can't do. Your back-up swingman needs to be able to score and be a threat from that outside and he isn't one. Most good defenders will play off of him and favor the side Houston and Sprewell are on and that doesn't help the team at all. I still like Anderson and want to see how he can improve over the summer, but the fact is Postell is proving to be a better player.

YOU DONT HAVE TO WORRY TOO MUCH BECAUSE HE WONT BE COMMING BACK NEXT YEAR ANYWAY
HE ONLY HAS 12 MORE GAMES LEFT TO PROVE WHAT HE CAN DO.
Cursed no more!!! Knicks are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Knixkik
USA
3/30/2002  1:30 PM
YOU DONT HAVE TO WORRY TOO MUCH BECAUSE HE WONT BE COMMING BACK NEXT YEAR ANYWAY
HE ONLY HAS 12 MORE GAMES LEFT TO PROVE WHAT HE CAN DO.
If he really finishes the season well, i'm sure new york will look into making him a perminant back-up next year and he'll want to stay. He's a new yorker so he'll do everything he can to stay here and make his situation work here. Thats why he didn't leave after last season. He wanted to stay in new york and make a name for himself here. He may be finally starting to do that.
BernardKing030
Member: #225
USA
3/30/2002  3:33 PM
I agree with Starks..Postell is gone...he knows he can't be a star here...He doesnt want to be a great 6th man...He wants to be an All-Star. That ain't gonna happen coming off the bench. I'm done with this whole forum. You guys are all so gay...The people who actually put the mock trades as if they are actually gonna happen...you people are pathetic! Every team in the league isnt going to bend over backwards to help the Knicks out...Like Boston in the 90's, other teams are gonna hate on the Knicks because of their success in the last decade.

BernardKing030, no more direct/personal flame remarks.

[Edited by - martin]
I am the King, and I will RULE you!
KEEPCAMBYNY
Member: #86
USA
3/30/2002  9:35 PM
Postell won't leave because he is a restricted free agent and we can match any offers teams make to him. I think the trade Layden made shows that he is an even bigger idiot than I thought. For one, Eisley sucks and has done nothing. Ward was alot better than him this year. Secondly, Anderson sucks as well and has only taken time away from Postell. And because LayDUMB singed these fools to huge contracts we will never be able to trade him. LayDUMB gets my vote as the WORST gm of ALL TIME. He is even worse than Washington's gm a few years ago. I wish I could kick his nerdy ass for messing up a great franchise like the Knicks. And it is even funnier that everyone except dumbass Dolan can see it.
I bleed orange and blue for life.
BernardKing030
Member: #225
USA
4/1/2002  2:06 AM
My bad about the restricted free-agent thing...I didn't see that when I read about Postell. Anywayz...Whats the better nickname for Layden, after what he's done to the Knicks: "Scott Laydumb" or "Scott 'Osama Bin' Layden"?

I vote for Osama, cuz him and Dolan have terrorized this great organization. (Ok, bad joke, but good nickname)

[Edited by - bernardking030 on 04/01/2002 02:08:15]
I am the King, and I will RULE you!
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
4/1/2002  2:26 AM
Posted by BernardKing030:

My bad about the restricted free-agent thing...I didn't see that when I read about Postell. [Edited by - bernardking030 on 04/01/2002 02:08:15]

That figures, by reading your posts, we are not suprised!!
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
coach19
Member: #231
4/3/2002  10:16 PM
It is very obvoius that LAVOR POSTELL is the next Latrell Spreewell.
He will be the hardest working star for a team with potential but who can't make it happen.He has the qualities that few poses. He has Spree's drive and an almost H2O(Houston) shot. He is already an all-star but will never be noticed because much like Houston and Spree he plays (and will continue to play) for the much hated knicks.
I just hope that the knicks realize what they have in their hands and use him.
As for his comments i think he did the right thing by saying them cuz if he didnt he would have never been noticed. Smart thinking.

I also wish they would get DerMarr Johnson of the Hawks as he and Postell would make in the future the team that is now Houston and Spree. He is the perfect candidate as he is an unstopable Guard who is a timid player (i think he fears getting hurt much like houston) and would rather take a shot than drive in (excellent defensively - 6-8 can block a lot of shots, purely unstopable). Postell can do the driving in. Acquirnig these guys now would be perfect cuz they can learn a lot form Spree and Houston.

The biggest mistake of the knicks was putting Chaney as head coach.
First of all he is an idiot who doesn't recognize talent. Just because he was a deffensive player doesnt mean everyone should be like that.
Second the guy has a losing percentage. I would expect the knicks to hire someone with a .500 + percentage.
Third he cant make plays at all. any amateur can tell the players get stuck a lot. their only play is give the ball to Spree and see what happens. thats not gonna work everytime Chaney.

As for the current roster I think the knicks have all the talent they need.
The biggest problem is the POINT GUARD.
MARK JACKSON SUXXX. he suxxx.He is so slowww. Cant anybody see its over for him. the only time he scores is when he is wide open, he cant defend AT ALL and he thinks he is a great player. WARD should be the starter because he is excellent defensively, has a better shot than jackson and is much faster. But what really gives him an advantage is his ablity to notice everything around him. being a quarterback pays off. the knicks dont need an all star PG, Ward is perfect for the job and Eisley although not that good can make a decent backup.

As for PF and C
Camby , Thomas , Harringotn , Waetherspoon only need some plays and thay can score with no problem. but first they need plays. knicks treat them as shot creators like spree, but of course they cant do that so thats why its not quite working for them.

I would love to hear somebody else's opinions on my post.
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
4/3/2002  11:58 PM
coach19 It is very obvoius that LAVOR POSTELL is the next Latrell Spreewell.
He will be the hardest working star for a team with potential but who can't make it happen.He has the qualities that few poses. He has Spree's drive and an almost H2O(Houston) shot. He is already an all-star but will never be noticed because much like Houston and Spree he plays (and will continue to play) for the much hated knicks.
I just hope that the knicks realize what they have in their hands and use him.
As for his comments i think he did the right thing by saying them cuz if he didnt he would have never been noticed. Smart thinking.
I also wish they would get DerMarr Johnson of the Hawks as he and Postell would make in the future the team that is now Houston and Spree. He is the perfect candidate as he is an unstopable Guard who is a timid player (i think he fears getting hurt much like houston) and would rather take a shot than drive in (excellent defensively - 6-8 can block a lot of shots, purely unstopable). Postell can do the driving in. Acquirnig these guys now would be perfect cuz they can learn a lot form Spree and Houston.

The biggest mistake of the knicks was putting Chaney as head coach.
First of all he is an idiot who doesn't recognize talent. Just because he was a deffensive player doesnt mean everyone should be like that.
Second the guy has a losing percentage. I would expect the knicks to hire someone with a .500 + percentage.
Third he cant make plays at all. any amateur can tell the players get stuck a lot. their only play is give the ball to Spree and see what happens. thats not gonna work everytime Chaney.

As for the current roster I think the knicks have all the talent they need.
The biggest problem is the POINT GUARD.
MARK JACKSON SUXXX. he suxxx.He is so slowww. Cant anybody see its over for him. the only time he scores is when he is wide open, he cant defend AT ALL and he thinks he is a great player. WARD should be the starter because he is excellent defensively, has a better shot than jackson and is much faster. But what really gives him an advantage is his ablity to notice everything around him. being a quarterback pays off. the knicks dont need an all star PG, Ward is perfect for the job and Eisley although not that good can make a decent backup.

As for PF and C
Camby , Thomas , Harringotn , Waetherspoon only need some plays and thay can score with no problem. but first they need plays. knicks treat them as shot creators like spree, but of course they cant do that so thats why its not quite working for them.

I would love to hear somebody else's opinions on my post.
This is absolutely ludcrious. Just ludicrous, I'm speechless.
#Knickstaps
Starks3
USA
4/4/2002  7:49 PM
Is Postell day to day???
will he play tonight cause if not i'm not watching.
MCfan23
Member: #114
USA
4/12/2002  5:24 PM
You know what, starks3, that is just how I feel right now. The only fun thing about Knick games these days is Lavor Postell. I've been yelling at the TV all year, for Chaney to bring in Postell instead of Shandon Brickerson and eventually I got my wish.
We suck.
Starks3
USA
4/12/2002  6:06 PM
You know what, starks3, that is just how I feel right now. The only fun thing about Knick games these days is Lavor Postell. I've been yelling at the TV all year, for Chaney to bring in Postell instead of Shandon Brickerson and eventually I got my wish
Dude is it sad to get goosebumps when postell gets in the game.
I use to when i saw spreewell in a knicks uniform, but now its for Postell. He's young, athetic, a nice dunker, and exciting, its too bad his ankle is acting up cause atleast these last couple of games would have had some type of interest.
Knixkik
USA
4/12/2002  10:13 PM
Posted by MCfan23:

You know what, starks3, that is just how I feel right now. The only fun thing about Knick games these days is Lavor Postell. I've been yelling at the TV all year, for Chaney to bring in Postell instead of Shandon Brickerson and eventually I got my wish.
I agree at this point i like Postell more than Anderson because he can score and you need your backup swingman to be able to score and hit open shots. Hopefully we'll see him again before the season is over and back with the Knicks next year.
Explosive23
Member: #184
United Kingdom
4/13/2002  7:26 AM
He's gonna be out the last few games of this season: http://nypost.com/sports/knicks/14384.htm :(.
Starks3
USA
4/14/2002  12:57 PM
He's gonna be out the last few games of this season: http://nypost.com/sports/knicks/14384.htm :(.
Of course he is. Has anything gone right in this ****ty season!
Dont worry we'll figure out a way to screw the draft up too.
Lavor Postell's Play

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy