[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Aftre all this trade talk, we''l end up trading out
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
3/29/2005  7:56 PM
for guys like Mike Finley and possibly Kwame Brown[who has proven nothingother than he isnt very good and wants 10mm+} something of this elk. We'll trade our draft picks and probably Penny and KT for other teams unwanted , aging or over-rated.

What has been the difference here in 5 years? its the same old sht we trade for other teams unwanted, we realize after a period of time, we dont want them and try something else.

we havent tried to build a team with a style, weve tried to piece sht together and bless isiah but he is just another form of Laydumb who can talk.

spedning 100 of millions of dollars and trading draft picks has netted us when all is said and done STEPHON MARBURY. God I cant think of what this would be without Marbury.

I hope it stops, and before someone says that Isiah has traded for draft picks, lets see him actually draft players.

who are we going to over pay? what piece of over rated jumk will be the next solution/what 30 yO past their prime will replace Penny?

I'll bet it right now, this is a carbon copy of when we bypassed Amare. they think they just need another vet, it hasnt changed , really since IVE been a Knick fan for 30+ years!

We got LUCKY in one draft with Patrick+Wilkins and they did have a savvy management come in and make some trades and acquisitions, but these guys were all young, tough and good.

You know what will be the only thing that will save us from a very irritating offseason-----win that frikin lottery--taking most of the thought process out of it. but then again, wed probably trade Bogut for Ron Artest who will subsuequently get jacked out of the league in the 20th game after he fires out a right hand to a cameraman!
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
tomverve
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #878
3/29/2005  8:39 PM
I don't get where all this misplaced hostility is coming from. Weird. What has Isiah done to elicit this kind of skepticism? (Sorry, the Maurice Taylor trade does not qualify...) And why does Finley keep coming up? Finley is some odd swingman obsession on ultimateknicks.com, not a guy that one would reasonably expect Isiah to trade 1st round picks for.

Tell you what, the draft is only a few months away... let's wait and see what happens before we start panicking that the sky is falling on a rainy day?
help treat disease with your spare computing power : http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
3/29/2005  8:46 PM
i don't see Isiah going after any potential expensive injury risk like a carter, cwebb, finley. Maybe He'll go after Ray Allen since he's still only 30 for 4yrs but thats it
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
3/29/2005  9:40 PM
hey BRIGGS, can't you just bump 1 of your old threads discussing the same old stuff rather than start up a new one so that everyone has to repeat everything they said on the other threads in response?
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
3/29/2005  9:47 PM
Posted by TMS:

hey BRIGGS, can't you just bump 1 of your old threads discussing the same old stuff rather than start up a new one so that everyone has to repeat everything they said on the other threads in response?
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks that. No one questions Briggs' knowledge of both the NBA and NCAA, but these repeat threads are retarded. Unlike Layden, Isiah has used his best assets to get young, athletic players, whether it was Marbury at age 26 or Crawford at age 24. If Isiah trades the picks, I'm sure it would be for young, athletic players. That's his style.

If he gives up a player we don't need, one of our PFs like Kurt, for Finley or Jalen Rose, that would be fine with me. But I can't imagine him giving up our lottery pick for one of those players. (Curry I could imagine and support, though.)

[Edited by - Bonn1997 on 03/29/2005 21:53:15]
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
3/29/2005  10:20 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by TMS:

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks that. No one questions Briggs' knowledge of both the NBA and NCAA, but these repeat threads are retarded. Unlike Layden, Isiah has used his best assets to get young, athletic players, whether it was Marbury at age 26 or Crawford at age 24. If Isiah trades the picks, I'm sure it would be for young, athletic players. That's his style.

If he gives up a player we don't need, one of our PFs like Kurt, for Finley or Jalen Rose, that would be fine with me. But I can't imagine him giving up our lottery pick for one of those players. (Curry I could imagine and support, though.)

[Edited by - Bonn1997 on 03/29/2005 21:53:15]

sometimes you give leeway where leeway is due. BRIGGS has leeway.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
3/29/2005  11:01 PM
martin, how about setting up a pinned thread for BRIGGS so he can vent at his leisure & we can all follow along w/the progressions from month to month.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
3/30/2005  12:09 AM
I can't be mad at Briggs for this one. The darkest moment in franchise history came the last time we had a chance to make an impact move at the draft.

Every time I think of Layden, I think:

Amare
Camby
Sprewell
Houston
Ward

and curse that man. Or I think:

Nene
Camby
Sprewell
Houston
Ward

and curse some more.
¿ △ ?
gunsnewing
USA
3/30/2005  12:12 AM
that isnt fair none of those teams saw what phoenix saw in Amare. but i agree just like trading ewing and giving H20 100mil trading nene and camby for dice was a major turning for the worst
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
3/30/2005  12:16 AM
Posted by gunsnewing:

that isnt fair none of those teams saw what phoenix saw in Amare. but i agree just like trading ewing and giving H20 100mil trading nene and camby for dice was a major turning for the worst

no one saw Amare. Phoenix found him first and hid him. Layden had him scheduled for a workout, but he cancelled it.

the 2002 draft was really the last chance we had to salvage this team before undergoing a massive rebuilding. now, we're in a massive rebuilding.
¿ △ ?
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
3/30/2005  12:54 AM
I used to lurk on that Johnny B. site.

In fairness, Briggs was on Amare before the draft.
gunsnewing
USA
3/30/2005  1:10 AM
Posted by Rich:

I used to lurk on that Johnny B. site.

In fairness, Briggs was on Amare before the draft.

wow you're right! I remember thinking why does this guy want this amare guy! u serious?! that was Briggs! hahaha

madddd props to him for that one.. WOW!!
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
3/30/2005  2:24 AM
Posted by TMS:

Dude, I don't get why people attack Briggs so much. He prolly knows bball more than ohhh, 95% of us (Me being in that 95%) and everything he says is intelligent and makes sense. I don't get why you'd attack anybody for that matter, but if you're gonna do it, at least go for someone who makes no sense whatsoever and I can name plenty.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
3/30/2005  7:44 AM
well... this is the draft that will tell us pretty much everything I think we will need to know about Isiah's plans.

The only reason I give him a pass on last draft is we came away with Marbury and that trade served a lot of purposes.

This team desperatly needs a future and a real young core moving forward. Sweetney and Ariza are ok young players. That doesnt count.
Every team has guys like that. Ours arent any more special than anyone elses except in the eyes of Knick fans.

I wont say Isiah MUST come away with franchise talent... thats not fair. Sometimes KMArt and Stromile Swift are the 2 top picks. Nothing you can do about that, but he HAS to come away with at least a core player and another guy that can at least plan and make the roster ie; Ariza.

Briggs is right in that if guys like Penny, TT, KT or our picks are used to add guys like Finely, Foyle, Briant Grant, Lafrentz then you know we are totally screwed for next 5 (more) years.

On the bright side we do know Isiah has done a lot of scouting personally and I would be suprised if he doesnt want to come away something in this draft, but time will tell.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
fishmike
USA
3/30/2005  7:44 AM
well... this is the draft that will tell us pretty much everything I think we will need to know about Isiah's plans.

The only reason I give him a pass on last draft is we came away with Marbury and that trade served a lot of purposes.

This team desperatly needs a future and a real young core moving forward. Sweetney and Ariza are ok young players. That doesnt count.
Every team has guys like that. Ours arent any more special than anyone elses except in the eyes of Knick fans.

I wont say Isiah MUST come away with franchise talent... thats not fair. Sometimes KMArt and Stromile Swift are the 2 top picks. Nothing you can do about that, but he HAS to come away with at least a core player and another guy that can at least plan and make the roster ie; Ariza.

Briggs is right in that if guys like Penny, TT, KT or our picks are used to add guys like Finely, Foyle, Briant Grant, Lafrentz then you know we are totally screwed for next 5 (more) years.

On the bright side we do know Isiah has done a lot of scouting personally and I would be suprised if he doesnt want to come away something in this draft, but time will tell.
fishmike
USA
3/30/2005  7:59 AM
a few things that are tough to ignore right now....

$100mm plus payroll and dead last in the weakest division in BB
its bizaare. Please dont tell me its Houston's fault, that excuses is older than Hubie Brown. There are 3 guys on this roster from a year ago. Every one of these guys Isiah picked and brought in. It wouldnt matter (we were bad anyway) except at least 6 of these guys Zeke has brought in has at least 2 MORE years after this one.
Yet we remain undersized, have mismatched parts, have no style of play, are last in the division, have the highest payroll (even if you took Houston off we STILL would have the highest payroll) and dont have a young core of players we can potentially build around.

My work day starts at 700am and I have an hour commute. Thank god I cant afford to stay up and watch west coast games.
diderotn
Member: #650
USA
3/30/2005  8:10 AM
Dudes and dudettes! take a chill pill. Isiah is not dumb, he knows what this team needs and will find us the answer through the draft. This year was horrible, because Isiah couldn't get the pieces that he really wanted...Let's face it, he tried to acquire CArter, Kobe, Shaq, Dampier, Walker, and failed. He tried folks, at least give him that. With so many unwanted players on our roster, it is hard for Isiah to deal with any other GMs. Let's face it, who would want Houston? exactly. With only one pick last season, he showed you all what he can do; now that he has 2 and perhaps more, there is no telling who he will pick.
The true Knickabocker..........
fishmike
USA
3/30/2005  8:13 AM
LAyden tried to aquire Chris Bosh, Yao Ming and Andre Miller. Smart as nothing to do with it. Making good decisions and having forsight has everything to do with it.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
3/30/2005  8:20 AM
Posted by Allanfan20:
Posted by TMS:

Dude, I don't get why people attack Briggs so much. He prolly knows bball more than ohhh, 95% of us (Me being in that 95%) and everything he says is intelligent and makes sense. I don't get why you'd attack anybody for that matter, but if you're gonna do it, at least go for someone who makes no sense whatsoever and I can name plenty.
No one was attacking his basketball knowledge. People were complaining about his style of repeating that same thread every week.

martin, how about setting up a pinned thread for BRIGGS so he can vent at his leisure & we can all follow along w/the progressions from month to month
Now that's funny!

sometimes you give leeway where leeway is due. BRIGGS has leeway.
It's your forum and your choice. I don't think anyone is genuinely upset about these threads. They're more amusing than anything else at this point.
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
3/30/2005  9:08 AM
In a nutshell! Well said, Mike!
Posted by fishmike:

Aftre all this trade talk, we''l end up trading out

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy