[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

2 B the best, you have to study and train like the best.......
Author Thread
diderotn
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #650
USA
3/29/2005  1:04 PM
What is the difference between Wayde and Crawf? They are both about the same height, and both are very athletic, but Wayde is a constant student of the game. He trains hard, and most of all, he knows his limitation and work at improving. Crawf has been in this league much longer, and had the opportunity to train with the best ever (MJ), thus, despite all of that, still fail to improve his weaknesses. He was criticized in Chicago, and now that he is here in N.Y. he is still being criticised for the same thing. When will he ever learn how to play the game? After you read the article below, you will truly see what we are missing in N.Y.

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/basketball/11254685.htm
The true Knickabocker..........
AUTOADVERT
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
3/29/2005  1:09 PM
how about 35 pounds of pure muscle

how about off the scale athletic ability

how about fire and heart

one plays going to and above thr rim, one hides behind the 3 pt line.

Crawford is not a fly on Wade'arse.

RIP Crushalot😞
diderotn
USA
3/29/2005  1:12 PM
I agree with you completely. That is why I would be glad to see him traded for a guy like Jason Richardson....
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
3/29/2005  1:12 PM
One big difference they have is their build. Wade is powerfully built 6'4" 212 lbs basketball player. Crawford is a 6'5" 190 lbs lanky combo-guard. Wade can take it to the hole much like Marbury in that he is strong and fast. With Jamal, if you have a quick and strong big guard going after him, he will be content in jacking up shots from the perimeter. Jamal is the perfect change-of-pace 6th man type of guard.
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
3/29/2005  1:20 PM
the only thing Craw has over Wade is his ballhandling imo...every other category Wade is simply in a different class...other than their height, there's really not much else you can say is similar about them as a matter of fact.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
diderotn
USA
3/29/2005  1:22 PM
One thing that you have failed to mention is Wayde desire to learn the game on his own. He has chosen to study the best player that has ever played the game. Jordan in his early days was very skinny, but he developed his body to absorb the beaten that he received from Isiah and his bad boys+ Ewing, Starks, and Xavier Mcdaniels. Crawf has been in the league for at least 3 years, he has yet to improve his linky body. He continues to make the same silly mistakes that he was making early on. Will he ever learn? Maybe not. One great thing that has ever happened in Wayde's life is his exposure to one of the best coach to ever coach the game (Pat Reiley). He was coached the proper way early on. Reily might have told him the secret to greatness is not just pure talent, he has told him to study the game by watching the best players do their things. I.E., Magic as a PG, Jordan as a SG, Bird as a shooter, ETC. That is what is wrong with our youngsters today, instead of spending their time studying the game from watching guys like Magic/Jordan/Bird, they much rather invest their money in video games, jewelries and women....

Posted by NYKBocker:

One big difference they have is their build. Wade is powerfully built 6'4" 212 lbs basketball player. Crawford is a 6'5" 190 lbs lanky combo-guard. Wade can take it to the hole much like Marbury in that he is strong and fast. With Jamal, if you have a quick and strong big guard going after him, he will be content in jacking up shots from the perimeter. Jamal is the perfect change-of-pace 6th man type of guard.

[Edited by - diderotn on 03/29/2005 13:24:32]
MS
Member: #724
3/29/2005  1:22 PM
Jamal is a bitch, he has been in the league for a few years now and shows no improvement, he is exactly what we don't need...

I mean really whats the difference between Nazy and Shaq,

Quite possibily the worst comparision i have ever heard....Crawford is your typical street ball, white man can't jump player, all style no substance
diderotn
USA
3/29/2005  1:39 PM
How do you feel about a swop of Crawf for Richardson???? Richardson is only making $3.5 million and will be a restricted FA next season. We probably can easily trade Crawf for him. He is an above the rim type of player with an excellent shooting touch. Above all, he wants to win. He has the attitude that we desire.

Posted by MS:

Jamal is a bitch, he has been in the league for a few years now and shows no improvement, he is exactly what we don't need...

I mean really whats the difference between Nazy and Shaq,

Quite possibily the worst comparision i have ever heard....Crawford is your typical street ball, white man can't jump player, all style no substance
Cookdcokehop
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #880
USA
3/29/2005  2:13 PM
the warriors are not going to dismantle the backcourt of baron and richardson. thats one of the most explosive and high flying back courts in the game. but i will be the happiest man alive if that trade goes thru
diderotn
USA
3/29/2005  2:25 PM
Not if Rich asks to be paid $10 million per which he is worth. Davis has a big contract and the Warriors may not want to pay Rich too much. Especially because they have a much younger Pietrus in the wing waiting..
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
3/29/2005  2:31 PM
Posted by diderotn:

I agree with you completely. That is why I would be glad to see him traded for a guy like Jason Richardson....

this is why I love this place. you guys think that other teams in this league can't watch one game of Jamal Crawford and tell you everything that's wrong with him? You dislike Jamal, yet you propose a trade for a fantastic, young, all-around player who would win the dunk contest every year if he participated? COME ON!
¿ △ ?
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
3/29/2005  2:32 PM
I think crawford has a lot of learning to do, but with all his faults, if you look at his game last night as bad as he looked he had 13/8 for most PG's in the league that is a great night. I think craw has to understand that he can beat anyone off the dribble and if he can do that why not take it to the hoop, I don't think that was ever planted into his game. It will take time, but when this guy does blossom, even if it is 3 years down the road when he is 0nly 27, you will have one heck of a player on your hands, forget how many years he was in the league, he came in too early IMO, I mean a lot of you want to give kwame and curry a shot and they will be going on 4 years in the league next year, if craw stayed 4 years in collegee, he would just be in his second year in the pros, if you look at it like that, the kid has a ways to go, he is just catching up on those years he should have been in college, some guys learn quicker, some slower, but there is no doubt the kid can ball, and has the skills, lets show some patience, it has only been one year..
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
3/29/2005  2:38 PM
BTW, I though richardson signed a new deal with the Warriors.. My bad if he didn't..
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
diderotn
USA
3/29/2005  2:47 PM
There is a huge difference between good and great. Good players practice shooting and dribbling, but great players study and improve their overall game. Crawf will never be great, because if he was going to be great, he would have shown flashes. Yes, he scored 50 in a couple of games, but he has never lead a team to Ws. He is not a student of the game, because if he was, you would have heard about it. Same goes for Marburry, he is not a student of the game either, because if he was, he would have developed his defensive skills already. Those two guys are both coachable, but they have yet to show that they can study the game and improve on their own. Lebron has, Wayde has, TMac is getting there, Kobe has, Iverson has. When you start the wrong way, it takes time to correct all of that. Isiah needs to take charge. He is an hall of famer, he needs to school these young boys. This summer, Marb and Crawf really need to study the fundamentals of playing basketball. If those two don't show much improvement like Arenas and Hughes have, they both will deserve to get traded.

Posted by tkf:

I think crawford has a lot of learning to do, but with all his faults, if you look at his game last night as bad as he looked he had 13/8 for most PG's in the league that is a great night. I think craw has to understand that he can beat anyone off the dribble and if he can do that why not take it to the hoop, I don't think that was ever planted into his game. It will take time, but when this guy does blossom, even if it is 3 years down the road when he is 0nly 27, you will have one heck of a player on your hands, forget how many years he was in the league, he came in too early IMO, I mean a lot of you want to give kwame and curry a shot and they will be going on 4 years in the league next year, if craw stayed 4 years in collegee, he would just be in his second year in the pros, if you look at it like that, the kid has a ways to go, he is just catching up on those years he should have been in college, some guys learn quicker, some slower, but there is no doubt the kid can ball, and has the skills, lets show some patience, it has only been one year..
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
3/29/2005  2:58 PM
Posted by diderotn:

There is a huge difference between good and great. Good players practice shooting and dribbling, but great players study and improve their overall game. Crawf will never be great, because if he was going to be great, he would have shown flashes. Yes, he scored 50 in a couple of games, but he has never lead a team to Ws. He is not a student of the game, because if he was, you would have heard about it. Same goes for Marburry, he is not a student of the game either, because if he was, he would have developed his defensive skills already. Those two guys are both coachable, but they have yet to show that they can study the game and improve on their own. Lebron has, Wayde has, TMac is getting there, Kobe has, Iverson has. When you start the wrong way, it takes time to correct all of that. Isiah needs to take charge. He is an hall of famer, he needs to school these young boys. This summer, Marb and Crawf really need to study the fundamentals of playing basketball. If those two don't show much improvement like Arenas and Hughes have, they both will deserve to get traded.

Dude. There is an issue of natural athleticism here. You notice how high Tmac and Lebron jump? How high Wade can sky?

There are some tools you can work on, but some tools you are just born with. Give Jamal a break. Comparing him to the superstars in the game and pretending he doesn't work as hard as them is insane. Remember Allen "PRACTICE?!?!" Iverson? You're saying Iverson works his butt off? No. Iverson RARELY practices. Word is, he and Webber have only gone through one practice in a month.

To say Marbury isn't a student of the game because of his D, that's just silly. He's just not a good defender. He's been working harder, but he'll never be the defender Jason Kidd is because he doesn't have the SIZE and LENGTH. You have to give these little midgets a break, man. They play their asses off most nights, but you can really only be as good as your tools.
¿ △ ?
diderotn
USA
3/29/2005  3:09 PM
I disagree with that. Ben Wallace is short, Brian Grant, and Brand are all not gifted athletes, but they have worked to get to where they are at. Being a defender is not something you are born with, it is just a matter of dedicating time at improving in that department. Marb is just a lazzy defender whom I think can get much better. Is he a student of the game? he could be, but he doesn't take pride at developing his overall skills.
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
3/29/2005  3:18 PM
i think the skinny thing is getting overplayed too. one of the most fearless players I ever saw was also one of the league's skinniest - Michael Cooper. Detroit was the champ last year with 2 of the best skinny guys in the league - Rip and Prince. Look at Iverson's build! i know i'm only saying the obvious, but i'm saying it because I don't think the issue is to wait for Craw to change his game when he puts on weight, nor is the issue that he can't play differently right now at this weight.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/29/2005  3:41 PM
I saw wade grab an offensive rebound in traffic, and put it back in reverse style. Never mind the visual, but I was sitting there figuring out how a kid 6-4 can do this? Then Later it was mentioned his wing span is that of someone 6-9! That is how this kids can do tihngs inside that most guards cannot.

IT is also why Sweets plays much bigger at times. His wingspan is that of a 7footer. He might also have the ass of one too!

Craw is what he is, don't try to make him different. At his size he needs to play the point, or work off a slower two when the matchups favor us. He is the first guard off the bench. He needs beter consistency of his jumper, and do anythign to increase his shooting %!

diderotn
USA
3/30/2005  8:20 AM
When you have a low IQ, it shows. Both Craw and Marb have poor decision issues. Reading this article will clearly shows why our back court is as bad as it is. I love Marburry as a player, but judging by what he said to support Craw proved to me that he still has a lot to learn about the game of basketball. When in doubt, shoot???????

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/story/294789p-252383c.html

Posted by Nalod:

I saw wade grab an offensive rebound in traffic, and put it back in reverse style. Never mind the visual, but I was sitting there figuring out how a kid 6-4 can do this? Then Later it was mentioned his wing span is that of someone 6-9! That is how this kids can do tihngs inside that most guards cannot.

IT is also why Sweets plays much bigger at times. His wingspan is that of a 7footer. He might also have the ass of one too!

Craw is what he is, don't try to make him different. At his size he needs to play the point, or work off a slower two when the matchups favor us. He is the first guard off the bench. He needs beter consistency of his jumper, and do anythign to increase his shooting %!
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
3/30/2005  9:21 AM
"Honestly, I think I'm confused," he said. "I'm thinking too much. It's hard to play when you think like that. Now my teammates want me shooting. Steph's saying I'm making it hard on him by not shooting."

i think Steph needs to shut his trap & leave the coaching to Herb Williams...it's fine to show support for your teammate, but i'm sure Herb isn't happy about Marbury telling Crawford to just shoot the ball if he's not sure what to do with it after all the effort he seems to be putting into having Craw play more in control & emphasizing smart shot selection...all this is making Jamal even more confused than he was before...he's a great kid, it's obvious when you hear him speak...he wants to please everyone, & you can tell he looks up to Marbury if he's going to respect the advice that he's giving him...Marbury needs to be a leader by knowing when to keep quiet.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
2 B the best, you have to study and train like the best.......

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy