[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Pietrus is one exciting looking player
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
3/29/2005  12:48 PM
that guy is one helluva defender and he ooozes with star like potential

we had a chance at him in the 2003 draft, but if we remember at the time, we had

Houston --20mm
Sprewell-13mm
Andersen--7mm 40mm$ into our guards
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
3/29/2005  12:56 PM
OH yea. Peitrus is going to be a really good SG for some team soon. As soon as he gets out of GS and signs as the starting SG for a team like Denver, he is going to explode. He has such a great offensive game and he can defend very well.

I like Crawford but I would love to do a sign and trade for Pietrus involving Craw. I dont know if anyone will agree.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
3/29/2005  1:11 PM
Posted by Silverfuel:

OH yea. Peitrus is going to be a really good SG for some team soon. As soon as he gets out of GS and signs as the starting SG for a team like Denver, he is going to explode. He has such a great offensive game and he can defend very well.

I like Crawford but I would love to do a sign and trade for Pietrus involving Craw. I dont know if anyone will agree.

i dont think Chris Mullin will agree, and thats the only opinion that counts!
RIP Crushalot😞
nyk4ever
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #848
USA
3/29/2005  1:20 PM
Pietrus is awesome, I remember in France they used to call him Jordan or something to that effect, his game has def. translated to the NBA very well. I guess theres a CHANCE that GS might trade him since they already have JRich and Dunleavy manning the 2/3 for years to come. Maybe somehow IT can make a play for him
"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
3/29/2005  1:27 PM
I have been talking about him for a year...
Ive been so high on him I have proposed trades where we take back Foyal's contract to get him.
TT + the Pho pick for Foyal and Petrius. Foyal's contract is a disaster we know, but like JYD and Malik he is a hard working good guy. He can clog the middle and block shots as well.

GS has a big commitment to BDavis and Richardson. I think this trade makes pretty good sense for both clubs.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
MS
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #724
3/29/2005  1:27 PM
He is my number one target, I would see if we could send sweetney packing, in exchange for him.....their are thousands of pfs out there, and then i would look into moving tt for artest.......

if we need to move ariza to get pietrus i say do it
if bird wants sweetney and TT for arest and some else i would do it

You put pietrus, artest, rose, jyd out their we don't need that much offense
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
3/29/2005  1:36 PM
I dont think GS will sign him cause they have JRich. This means he will be a FA. Can we possibly come up with a sign and trade to land this guy?
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
3/29/2005  2:00 PM
maybe it is just me, but I like guys who can do a number of things and show a high level BBIQ, pietrus reminds me of a great athlete, stupid ball player. He tries to jump over everyone, even in situations where is is humanly impossible to do so, he has no handle, his passing skills are suspect and his defense is overrated, I know mullin is a dummy but there is a reason why the re-upped richardson... I want to find guys with unique skills, weither it is great passing skills, blazing quickness, a quick release, I want that type of hard to defend player, Pietrus to me is another Ho-hum dunker, no better than desmond mason if you ask me.....
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
3/29/2005  2:40 PM
we could use a couple guys like Desmond Mason
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
3/29/2005  2:49 PM
Posted by fishmike:

we could use a couple guys like Desmond Mason

word!
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
tomverve
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #878
3/29/2005  3:07 PM
Posted by fishmike:

Ive been so high on him I have proposed trades where we take back Foyal's contract to get him.

Sorry to nitpick, but it's Foyle, not Foyal.
help treat disease with your spare computing power : http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/29/2005  3:59 PM
Posted by tkf:

maybe it is just me, but I like guys who can do a number of things and show a high level BBIQ, pietrus reminds me of a great athlete, stupid ball player. He tries to jump over everyone, even in situations where is is humanly impossible to do so, he has no handle, his passing skills are suspect and his defense is overrated, I know mullin is a dummy but there is a reason why the re-upped richardson... I want to find guys with unique skills, weither it is great passing skills, blazing quickness, a quick release, I want that type of hard to defend player, Pietrus to me is another Ho-hum dunker, no better than desmond mason if you ask me.....

Good point, Gerald Wilkens had a low B-ball IQ also. I like Dunleavys game, he is not finishing well underneath but in the first period he got some good looks. He needs more strength, but very good passer and shooter. There starting 5 is looking good, and if they can draft a shot blocker center (like us!) they are going to be a good team. They must make a choice to keep Pietrus or Dunleavy.

Pietrus got some Gazy in him! lots of hops, but don't know what to do with it!
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
3/29/2005  4:38 PM
Nalod: I do agree that we need some more athletic players, but how about getting guys who can play, I think the knicks if they can get taft, then take him, he is 6'10 can jump, rebound and has tons of upside, he will give us that presence down low we need, but with our other first round pick, I was thinking of someone like Adam morrison from gonzaga. Now hear me out, we can play ariza at the 2and 3 at times, morrison is a big SF, can shoot lights out, very smart, competitive, and get this, he does not turn the ball over. He can handle the ball, and create his own shot, although he is not considered very athletic... I like his game a lot, he is the type of guy that wins games, maybe with a pass, a shot or a rebound but he wins games..
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
3/29/2005  5:10 PM
I really like Morrison. Reminds me of Mullin. We need a shooter like him to replace Houston.

Pietrus is a really nice player. Gotta love the athleticism. It's always nice to have some athletes on the wing who can defend people. Put them with a shooter and you got a real nice contrast.
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
3/29/2005  6:07 PM
Posted by Silverfuel:

I know for sure I will! he's my dream knicks SG! his athletism and defensive ability is scary!! and he's a pretty decent 3pt shooter. he's one some games for GS with the 3!

[Edited by - gunsnewing on 03/29/2005 18:10:17]
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/29/2005  7:37 PM
Ok, we all like what we like. I want non-gazy, not defective, non-unerachieving, and not overpaid players. I don't mind upside risk, but enough with inconsistant character, inconsistant background, and inconsistant height (lol).

Member: #575
Burkina Faso (Upper Volta)
3/29/2005  9:16 PM
Who knows what Mullin would do? He seems to be very confused. He loves nice team guys. Rose is supposed to be a great team guy, offer him up.
Pietrus is one exciting looking player

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy