[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Final but crucial decision for next season.......
Author Thread
diderotn
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #650
USA
3/29/2005  9:15 AM
Offer Herb a contract as soon as the end of the season to earn him some credibility from his players. He is currently a lame duck coach, and his players need to know that the system that they are in right now is what they will be using for next season. It would only be wise for Isiah to offer Herb the job, because the other coaches will probably require a huge contract. Offer Herb the job at $1.8 million per with incentives, because I personally do believe that people do better when they know that there is something else that they may earn if they do good. $1.8 per season with the opportunity of earning more if they win a certain amount of games, I.E. 50 games $2.5 million, etc.

Same goes with TT, I would offer him a contract starting at $7 million per with incentives...if he maintains a 18/8rbs per game, he could earn more, I.E $1 million extra. He is known for poor starts at beginning of seasons, and most of all, no desire to rebound. However, with the incentive, he will have the desire to do good in that department...

Those points are key to our success, beside drafting well and trade guys like Kurt, Penny, and Houston. Frankly, our boys must come to camp in shape. Poor condition players should not be tolerated. ARiza and Crawf need to add on some weight, and most of all, Crawf and Marb need to be in sink defensively next season....
The true Knickabocker..........
AUTOADVERT
joec32033
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #583
USA
3/29/2005  9:18 AM
I agree.....about Herb.....I want to see him develop this team, he seems to have the players respect.

About TT, I offer him no more than 5 mil with maybe 1.5 mil in incentives....maybe....
~You can't run from who you are.~
diderotn
USA
3/29/2005  9:48 AM
$5 million? He can get a better offer from another team...That boy is valuable, and if in the right sytem playing for the right coach, we can get a lot out of him. He is doing very good with Herb, and Isiah needs to recognize that...$7 million with incentives is more than enough

Posted by joec32033:

I agree.....about Herb.....I want to see him develop this team, he seems to have the players respect.

About TT, I offer him no more than 5 mil with maybe 1.5 mil in incentives....maybe....
joec32033
USA
3/29/2005  10:07 AM
That's my point...7 mil is more than enough...I don't think TT is valuable enopugh to give that money to. He does this every year. He plays like crap 95% of the time and the other 5% he flashes potential that makes gm's think he is ready to bust out..TT is not that valuable to this team, IMO to ovr pay him at all. In 2 years (if that!) TT will be on the bench anyway and Ariza will be starting...
diderotn
USA
3/29/2005  10:17 AM
Ok, what about this idea, extend TT to have his contract expire in the same year as Houston's. If he comes in during those two seasons and over produced, than he will be worthy of another extension. If he does like he did this year, let him go. With Houston, TT, and Mo's contract out of our book, our cap space would definitely be improved. TT is due $14 million next season, and Houston is due $20 million. We could endup with a total of $40+ million in cap space.

Posted by joec32033:

That's my point...7 mil is more than enough...I don't think TT is valuable enopugh to give that money to. He does this every year. He plays like crap 95% of the time and the other 5% he flashes potential that makes gm's think he is ready to bust out..TT is not that valuable to this team, IMO to ovr pay him at all. In 2 years (if that!) TT will be on the bench anyway and Ariza will be starting...
joec32033
USA
3/29/2005  10:40 AM
Posted by diderotn:

Ok, what about this idea, extend TT to have his contract expire in the same year as Houston's. If he comes in during those two seasons and over produced, than he will be worthy of another extension. If he does like he did this year, let him go. With Houston, TT, and Mo's contract out of our book, our cap space would definitely be improved. TT is due $14 million next season, and Houston is due $20 million. We could endup with a total of $40+ million in cap space.

Posted by joec32033:

All respect to guns and everyone else who says that the contracts are ok as long as they expire by Allan's contract, I don't buy into that thinking necessarily. Once again, we'll have $40 mil in expiring contracts, but we either have to take back that $40 in trades (and there is no way we get that many players for Allan and TT their salaries are just TOO high...I mean SacTown struck gold getting what they got for Webber but what are the chances two teams would want to do that same thing in the same season?)

On top of that if we let the deals come off the books, we still got close to the cap with Steph, Craw, Ariza, Swettney, KT, Jerome, and Rose. (for the record, cap is around $44 mil this year, so with inflation, maybe we are talking about 47 mil in 3 years?)

Because we got Allan's contract is no excuse to me to continue to overpay players that honestly don't deserve it. TT, in my eyes doesn't deserve it.

http://www.insidehoops.com/nba-salary-cap.shtml

[Edited by - joec32033 on 03/29/2005 10:42:52]
diderotn
USA
3/29/2005  10:40 AM
Jason Richardson would look good playing next to Marb also, why not trade Crawf to the Warriors for Richardson? It may take a second round draft pick to get this deal done, but Richardson is the closest that we may never get to a SG like Kobe and Carter....

Herb Williams said the center-less Knicks this summer "could definitely use a shotblocker, but when you do a wish list, that's what it is, a wish list."

Isiah Thomas has said he's in the market for a center and athletic shooting guard such as Golden State free agent Jason Richardson, who faced them last night. Shotblockers are harder to come by. Utah 7-foot center Andrew Bogut, likely the top pick in the draft, isn't necessarily one.
MS
Member: #724
3/29/2005  10:44 AM
J Rich is signed up for 70 million dollars.....every player IT brings in is a loser so why are teams going to give up their best player for a loser like Craw

Richardson and Davis has the potential to be the best backcourt in the NBA, they are going to trade Dunleavy, and they are going to improve through the draft, they have a good back-up combo guard they are not going to mess with it.....

And if thomas signs damon stoudamire he should be fired.....
joec32033
USA
3/29/2005  10:44 AM
A better passing Richardson is what you can expect Craw to become if he stays at the 2...he doesn't play great defense, plays out of control sometimes, can pass and rebound a bit, but is mostly a scorer, IMO.
diderotn
USA
3/29/2005  10:46 AM
Richardson has the killer instinct that we are lacking, and is a better defender than all of our guards..

Posted by joec32033:

A better passing Richardson is what you can expect Craw to become if he stays at the 2...he doesn't play great defense, plays out of control sometimes, can pass and rebound a bit, but is mostly a scorer, IMO.
nykdunk
Member: #570
USA
3/29/2005  10:50 AM
Let TT's contract expire and don't resign him. The most I'd give him is a sympathy letter for his off court troubles. He's played well lately, but he's shown flashes his entire career. We can find a younger talent in the draft to replace him.

Resign Herb. We're not winning a championship in the near future. At least he makes the team try.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/29/2005  10:53 AM
Resign TT? Are you Nuts?

Incosistant players will constitute and incosistant team! Get it?

TT will have a good year next year cuz its a contract year! Don't trust his stats, they will improve, but its money driven.

We need to move forward and spend our money on professional people whom will contribute solid efforts. No doubt TT got talent, but he does not use it regularly.
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
3/29/2005  10:55 AM
Same goes with TT, I would offer him a contract starting at $7 million per with incentives...if he maintains a 18/8rbs per game, he could earn more, I.E $1 million extra.

lol! you mine as well make those figures 30/10 per game to make that incentive because there's no way in hell TT is going to put up 18/8 over an entire season...hell, i'd be happy if he'd put up 15/5 next season & match what his yearly average was last year between MIL & NY if for no other reason than to make other team's fooled into thinking he would be worth trading for at the trading deadline.

[Edited by - TMS on 03/29/2005 10:56:06]
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

3/29/2005  10:56 AM
Craw and Ariza definately have to get better.

Ariza can't create off the dribble to save his life. He can do everything else, just don't ask him to make a play with the ball in his hands.

Craw needs to work with the Knick coaches and try to take the next step in his game. He plays like he's on the And 1 Streetball tour. He has to grow in his game and develop his jumpshot. He's definately gotta watch tape of all his terrible shots and stay away from the Rucker league in the off-season. He's got to understand shot clock and what he should be thinking about down the stretch, like "what is a good shot?"

As far as everything else? Isiah just needs to stockpile more talent. The Knicks definately needs to pick up a center, and a back-up point guard. If Craw isn't going to be the starter for the Knicks they need to trade him. The Knicks have to make a decision on Sweets and decide if he really can be a cornerstone type of player at the 4.

Anyway you look at it the Knicks have to continue to add players and trade players. Things will eventually work out.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
diderotn
USA
3/29/2005  10:59 AM
I didn't ask to re-sign him for a long contract. We should at least consider giving him a 5 to 7 million contract extension for 1 or 2 years, just so we can get a much larger cap space once Houston's contract expires....Ariza needs another year to improve and get stronger as a player, plus if we draft a SF he will need time to develop also. To be in the safe side, both TT and the Knicks can benefit dearly if they agree to do this deal. Extension for 2 years not to exceed the length of Houston's contract, which would give TT ample amount of playing time to prove to the league that he is worthy of a big contract....

Posted by Nalod:

Resign TT? Are you Nuts?

TT will have a good year next year cuz its a contract year! Don't trust his stats, they will improve, but its money driven.

We need to move forward and spend our money on professional people whom will contribute solid efforts. No doubt TT got talent, but he does not use it regularly.
joec32033
USA
3/29/2005  11:05 AM
Posted by diderotn:

I didn't ask to re-sign him for a long contract. We should at least consider giving him a 5 to 7 million contract extension for 1 or 2 years, just so we can get a much larger cap space once Houston's contract expires....Ariza needs another year to improve and get stronger as a player, plus if we draft a SF he will need time to develop also. To be in the safe side, both TT and the Knicks can benefit dearly if they agree to do this deal. Extension for 2 years not to exceed the length of Houston's contract, which would give TT ample amount of playing time to prove to the league that he is worthy of a big contract....

Posted by Nalod:

Resign TT? Are you Nuts?

If we are talking 5 mil, I would be on board as long as it doesn't affect us signing Ariza, you were talking about 7 mil + before...no more than that, I would actually try to lowball Tim and get him for less than that 5 mil, but 5 mil would be my max
TMS
USA
3/29/2005  11:09 AM
doesn't that entail using up your MLE to resign the guy then? or is re-signing your own players exempt from having to go that route? i would not even consider resigning TT under ANY circumstances unless he would be so crazy as to accept a LLE type offer, which you know he won't...we can sign more impactful players with the MLE than TT imho.

hell, i would MUCH rather sign a guy like Jim Jackson to a LLE type contract after next season than to bring TT's underachieving arse back to MSG.

[Edited by - TMS on 03/29/2005 11:10:25]
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
3/29/2005  11:22 AM
TT has 1 more year left in his contract after this season. I would just let TT and Penny's contract expire.

I would try to trade KT and/or Sweetney for a Center.
One center I would like IT to make a play for is Nesterovic. A KT for Nesterovic and their 2006 2nd Round Pick would be good.
I would pursue a Sweetney for Wilcox swap.

I would dangle Crawford and Taylor to Minny for Wally and Kandi and see if McHale would bite.

This is my value board for the draft on our picks...
NY own 1st rd pick - Bogut, Martynas Andriuskevicius, Fran Vazquez, Tiago Splitter, Gerald Green, Taft

Late 1st rd pick via PHX - CJ Miles , Vladimir Veremeenko, Francisco Garcia, Rudy Fernandez, Channing Frye

2nd Round Pick via HOUSTON(JVG) - Andray Blatche, Anybody Zeke picks!

I would like to get a mid 1st rounder and get Petro.

Yup! I will be praying everyday till this happens. More ping pong balls please!

TMS
USA
3/29/2005  11:33 AM
TT has 1 more year left in his contract after this season. I would just let TT and Penny's contract expire.

exactly my point dude...i would rather just let him walk after next season & sign a guy like Jim Jackson to a short term LLE contract in 2006 & allow Ariza to be the starter for this team than to give TT a contract extension at MLE money...you can use those funds alot wiser upgrading your frontcourt.
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
3/29/2005  12:26 PM
yes to herb... no no no to TT
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Final but crucial decision for next season.......

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy