[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Eddy vs. College Players?
Author Thread
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
3/29/2005  8:30 AM
Which college players would you prefer to draft rather than using our pick in a trade to get Eddy Curry? In other words, how high does our draft pick have to be for you to prefer to keep it than to use it in a trade for Eddy? A lot of you follow college ball more closely than I do, but I'm not sure I prefer anyone other than Bogut over Eddy.
AUTOADVERT
joec32033
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #583
USA
3/29/2005  8:49 AM
I would prefer
Bogut
Taft
...clearly over Eddie...Simien and Petro are close only because with Simien we can trade Sweets and Petro seems to have the work ethic Curry doesn't.
~You can't run from who you are.~
diderotn
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #650
USA
3/29/2005  9:01 AM
I would only trade Sweetney and Kurt for Curry to tell you all the truth...He is not worth trading a draft pick to get him. He has potentials and so does Sweetney. Throughout the time that Sweetn and Curry have been in the league, Sweetn numbers look much better than Curry.
The true Knickabocker..........
Bonn1997
USA
3/29/2005  10:00 PM
Posted by diderotn:

I would only trade Sweetney and Kurt for Curry to tell you all the truth...He is not worth trading a draft pick to get him. He has potentials and so does Sweetney. Throughout the time that Sweetn and Curry have been in the league, Sweetn numbers look much better than Curry.
What do you mean Sweetney's #s look better than Curry's? It's the reverse. Curry's putting up 16 PPG in just 27 mpg on a winning team. Sweetney's career high on a losing team is pretty close to Curry's average. Have you watched any of the Bulls' games lately? Curry is *unguardable* unless double or tripple teams are thrown at him or unless Shaq is guarding him.
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
3/29/2005  10:17 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by diderotn:

What do you mean Sweetney's #s look better than Curry's? It's the reverse. Curry's putting up 16 PPG in just 27 mpg on a winning team. Sweetney's career high on a losing team is pretty close to Curry's average. Have you watched any of the Bulls' games lately? Curry is *unguardable* unless double or tripple teams are thrown at him or unless Shaq is guarding him.

I thought that earlier in the year but after watching how Curry can dominant a game with his post moves and occassional 5blk game whereas Sweetney's post game is still unproven and inconsistent and he's not a big shotblocker. I have no doubt on my mind we'd be ripping off chicago by giving them Sweetney. And that is why we have no chance at Curry.
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
3/29/2005  10:37 PM
The only thing I dont like about Curry is his presence on defense. He isnt a shotblocker or rebounder in the paint. On offense he can be unstoppable but at this point we need a franchise center. I dont think Eddy can be that! I will take him over Sweets but I would rather see what Bogut and taft can do.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
gunsnewing
USA
3/29/2005  10:46 PM
Posted by Silverfuel:

The only thing I dont like about Curry is his presence on defense. He isnt a shotblocker or rebounder in the paint. On offense he can be unstoppable but at this point we need a franchise center. I dont think Eddy can be that! I will take him over Sweets but I would rather see what Bogut and taft can do.

oh yeah definitely but we have pretty much no chance of winning the lottery and drafting Bogut barring a miracle and there's a chance that Taft will be gone by the time we pick if we wind up with the 8th pick. So then as far as center goes we are left with Petro who can take years to develope if he ever does and even then he won't warrant being picked 8th over a potential Wade, amare, mcgrady, pierce like player. And then there's always Steven Hunter which isn't all that exciting.

too bad we can't get Curry now..he would be a much better impact Center for us than Petro or Steven Hunter.
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
3/29/2005  11:13 PM
a great tandem to have would be Eddie Curry & a Marcus Camby at PF who will block shots from the weak side & rebound as well...if we could somehow trade Sweetney, the lottery pick & filler for Curry & then trade KT & a late 1st rounder for Camby, the Knicks would be set up nicely for next season & beyond.

C - Curry
PF - Camby
SF - Ariza
SG - Crawford
PG - Marbury

young & athletic, can run the floor, good rebounding, good ball distribution, good shotblocking, good post scorer, high energy...this is EXACTLY what Isiah is envisioning in his plan for the Knicks imho.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
gunsnewing
USA
3/29/2005  11:16 PM
Denver has committed to Camby. They'll trade Nene if anythin
NewYorkSoul
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #855
Canada
3/30/2005  2:05 AM
How bout getting someone who can rebound? You want Curry's 4 rpg?

If we keep Mo Taylor and Sweetney, then we won't need a high scoring Center... a defensive, shotblocking Center to fill Kurt Thomas' role perfectly.. then we need a mid-range jump shooting guard who can fill KT's offensive presence... it looks like all of IT's moves right now are geared towards phasing Kurt out of our rotation

Too bad he's putting up monster numbers all the time
David f'n Lee for President!!
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
3/30/2005  2:17 AM
I'll take Hakim Warrick over Curry any day of the week thank you very much for asking. Curry doesn't rebound, play hard (At all most of the time) or play any lick of defense. Sorry, he's not what the franchise needs! He's gonna be asking for the big dollars b/c of his "Potential" but he too is just like Kwame Brown. I would MUCH rather have Tyson Chandler or Sam Dalembert.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
Bonn1997
USA
3/30/2005  10:17 AM
Posted by Allanfan20:

I'll take Hakim Warrick over Curry any day of the week thank you very much for asking. Curry doesn't rebound, play hard (At all most of the time) or play any lick of defense. Sorry, he's not what the franchise needs! He's gonna be asking for the big dollars b/c of his "Potential" but he too is just like Kwame Brown. I would MUCH rather have Tyson Chandler or Sam Dalembert.
Have you watched Eddy lately? I've been watching him much more closely ever since Briggs started posting about him a couple of months ago. I think Eddy does play hard on defense; he just doesn't play intelligently. I've seen him go all out effort-wise many times. He had three awesome blocks in the last game as one example. I could be wrong, but I think the rebounding has more to do with poor concentration and slow decision making than with effort. Maybe that will improve with time (he's only 22!) but if it doesn't, then you still have a guy who could easily become a 21/7/1.2 player (if given closer to 35 or 38 mpg) with a huge presence down low on offense. One thing to keep in mind with Eddy is that he has improved every year in the league (not just this contract year). We'll get a good idea of how serious he is by the start of training camp next year when we see whether he shows up at 285 or 320. It's a risk I'd take, though.
gunsnewing
USA
3/30/2005  10:52 AM
Posted by NewYorkSoul:

Too bad he's putting up monster numbers all the time

no thats a good thing that Kurt is putting up numbers because it will improve his value. He shouldn't be playing 36mins a game though at this point. 28-30mins at most!!
Eddy vs. College Players?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy