[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

how about this trade for a 3rd #1....
Author Thread
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
3/28/2005  4:44 PM
TT + Mike Sweetney for Jalen Rose and the #15 pick in the first round.

Jalen's an uber competitor, and by getting him off Tor's books they have max player type cap space to work with next summer.

Tor has 2 #1s this year.. right now they would be in the 8 and 15 spots. I would of course shoot for the #8 but would take the #15. Jalen moves into starting SG and can also play PG minutes. He's another playmaker that really lets you play bigger line ups.

Say then we could draft Petro AND Danny Granger. Use the late #1 on a HS kid that will probably sit on IR (Travis Outlaw, Ebi) for a year.

Marbury/Crawford
Jalen Rose/Ariza
Granger/JYD/Penny
Rose/Taylor/Butler
KT/Petro
IR: HS kid (Monta Ellis/Loius Williams falls?), Houston

Thats just post draft, and doesnt inlcude any FA signings or (please) KT trades.

If you want to really go crazy maybe you pull off the KT/Spoon + Houston +1 trade and draft a 4th player. You still have a veteran core of Rose, Rose, Marbury, JYD, Taylor, Penny to go with a VERY solid group of under 25 guys.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
AUTOADVERT
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
3/28/2005  4:48 PM
I thought, people were having a heart attack over adding additional salary. I could see the thread now.. " IT has ruined our cap forever" after this deal is done...
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
3/28/2005  4:51 PM
I would love it but not sure why Toronto would give up on a chance to draft a much better player at 15 than TT/Sweetney. They can do better for rose & the 15th pick. But man I would love it from a Knicks standpoint!

If Petro impresses Isiah we have to move up to draft him with a mid 1st round pick by trading the later picks. Or we can just keep the and hope that we land a Nenad Illgaukus, Kristic, Brezec who were all guys picked with the 20+ overall pick.

Let's not waste our lottery pick on a guy like Petro or Martynas. Let's take a sure thing and then hope to steal a bigman with a later pick. Or we can always sign a decent big for the MLE.

[Edited by - gunsnewing on 03/28/2005 19:10:07]
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
3/28/2005  4:57 PM
How about TT & #28 for Rose & #15. And maybe package Sweetney in another deal for a Kwame or someone like that.
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
3/28/2005  5:00 PM
can they? Jalen is very productive so the $$$ is a little more justified vs. someone like MO Taylor. By getting Rose off the books a year early Tor will have max $$ to throw at a player. They will have a solid #1 this year as well as Bosh, Sweetney, Aruojo, Peterson and Rafer.

From a $$$ standpoint it makes good sense for them. As for getting more they traded Vince for picks and scrubs. I think getting Sweetney and $$$ relief would represent a good deal for them. If they wanted the Pho pick this year I would consider that.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
gunsnewing
USA
3/28/2005  5:01 PM
Posted by newyorknewyork:

How about TT & #28 for Rose & #15. And maybe package Sweetney in another deal for a Kwame or someone like that.

i think Sweetney has more value than a 28th pick. So I don't think either trades are possible
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
3/28/2005  5:26 PM
Exactly. But TT expiring contract is of more value to Toronto than Rose. So I feel they would be satisfied with TT & #28 to cut Rose contract and drop down from 15 to 28 especially since they already have a lotto pick.

I would pacakage TT, Sweetney & #28 for Rose & #8 though.
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
3/28/2005  5:27 PM
i'd have to insist on the #8 pick for that deal mike...yes, Rose is the best player in that deal, but his contract is on the books for an extra $17 mil in '07, which represents a significant cap savings for the small market Raptors franchise...considering Sweetney was taken w/a #9 lottery pick just last year, i don't think it's unreasonable to ask for that #8 pick from TOR...i would hopefully be able to get an athletic PF like Taft, Warrick or Simien along w/a perimeter G who can defend & shoot the 3 w/those 2 lottery picks.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
tkf
3/28/2005  6:39 PM
Posted by TMS:

i'd have to insist on the #8 pick for that deal mike...yes, Rose is the best player in that deal, but his contract is on the books for an extra $17 mil in '07, which represents a significant cap savings for the small market Raptors franchise...considering Sweetney was taken w/a #9 lottery pick just last year, i don't think it's unreasonable to ask for that #8 pick from TOR...i would hopefully be able to get an athletic PF like Taft, Warrick or Simien along w/a perimeter G who can defend & shoot the 3 w/those 2 lottery picks.
good point, sweetney was the #9 pick, so I think asking for this years #8 is not that bad. I would like to get a big and a good athletic SG if we do that...
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
tkf
3/28/2005  6:41 PM
Taft and gerald green with those two picks might not be bad at all...
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
3/28/2005  6:54 PM
Other GMs won't care that Sweetney was the 9th pick; they care that he's overweight and given no evidence so far that he can be more than a 6th man. Toronto gets too little in Fish's proposed deal, but they got too little in the Vince deal too. So you never know
codeunknown
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #704
3/28/2005  7:06 PM
Maybe I'm greedy. But, at the bare minimum, I trade TT and a future 2nd rounder for Rose and pick #15. TMS is on point about the $17 mil in cap relief. And Rose will be 33 next season, he's going to get worse very quickly. TT will be 29 and, at his current level (although no guarantee), is reasonably productive.

The way I see it, if we're doing you a favor by taking Rose off your hands, how 'bout you pony up that pick? Sweetney should fetch back better than a #15 pick on his own in my opinion. Otherwise, trading him isn't worth it.
Sh-t in the popcorn to go with sh-t on the court. Its a theme show like Medieval times.
gunsnewing
USA
3/28/2005  7:07 PM
Posted by tkf:

Taft and gerald green with those two picks might not be bad at all...

now we're talking!! we need a frontcourt player & SG in the worst way!
diderotn
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #650
USA
3/28/2005  7:25 PM
why can't we keep our expiring contracts minus Houston, and we will be just fine. Enough with acquiring big contracts...I was all for it before the trade deadline, but now we have different priorities... As far as I am concerned, Toronto should suffer for not trading Vince to us....

Posted by newyorknewyork:

Exactly. But TT expiring contract is of more value to Toronto than Rose. So I feel they would be satisfied with TT & #28 to cut Rose contract and drop down from 15 to 28 especially since they already have a lotto pick.

I would pacakage TT, Sweetney & #28 for Rose & #8 though.
The true Knickabocker..........
edsonline
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #735
3/29/2005  11:23 AM
I'd do Tim for Rose and one of Toronto's picks, but I don't know if I'd include Mike for the later one, that's a tough one. For the first one, bye Mike. NYK would have picks 8 and 9!If Isiah was POSITIVE Taft would fall to Knicks at 9 and then he'd take Petro at 15, I guess I'd kick Mike to the curb. Two athletic big dudes and still have the Phoenix pick?! NICE!!!!
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
3/29/2005  1:02 PM
Rose's contract is not worth a mid-1st round pick. I only do this trade if we get their lottery pick unprotected for this year.
how about this trade for a 3rd #1....

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy