Players you want to KEEP for next season
Author Thread
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
3/30/2005  11:14 AM
Posted by joec32033:

How about a Marvin Williams-Taft-Julius Hodge draft?
Why doesn't Marvin Williams start? I don't follow NCAA ball that closely, but it seems bizarre to me that a guy people want to take with a top 3 pick (maybe even the #1 pick) in the NBA draft isn't even a starter in the NCAA

[Edited by - Bonn1997 on 03/30/2005 11:15:37]
AUTOADVERT
joec32033
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #583
USA
3/30/2005  11:30 AM
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by joec32033:

How about a Marvin Williams-Taft-Julius Hodge draft?
Why doesn't Marvin Williams start? I don't follow NCAA ball that closely, but it seems bizarre to me that a guy people want to take with a top 3 pick (maybe even the #1 pick) in the NBA draft isn't even a starter in the NCAA

[Edited by - Bonn1997 on 03/30/2005 11:15:37]

Williams is a Freshmanon a nat. Powerhouse it's not all that surprising.

Fish, I was using Hodge as an example because a bunch of guys seem high on him. We all know the quality that will be available at that 29th pick, that was the only point I was trying to make
~You can't run from who you are.~
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
3/30/2005  11:43 AM
Posted by nyk4ever:
Posted by gunsnewing:
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by joec32033:
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by joec32033:

The question was who do you want to keep.......not who should we trade...I don't mind keeping Steph, but I would have no qualms about trading him for the right price.
I have no qualms trading anyone on any team in any sport for the "right" price. If the price is right, by definition, you do the trade.

It's hard to imagine a scenario where the price would be right for Marbury or Ariza, though. I think both players are worth more to the Knicks than any player another GM would be willing to give up to get those two.

If I was offered a top 3 or maybe even a top 5 pick and a late 1st rounder (in THIS draft) I might move Steph...The chance to have 2 lotto picks in this draft is oo good to pass up...Can you imagine being able to draft Taft+Green or the dood from UNC for sure and still be able to pick up some later guys like a Hodge and a Petro or Simien?

KT/Taft/Petro/Butler
Sweetney/Simien/Rose
Ariza/TT/JYD
Craw/Hodge
McCants/???

[Edited by - joec32033 on 03/29/2005 23:40:55]
We already have one lottery pick, the question is whether we're better off with Marbury (our present scenario) or with a top 5 and a late 1st round pick (the alternative you proposed). Anything's possible, but I think it's highly unlikely that either of those picks would amount to a player as good as Marbury is. I'd rather have Marbury, our current lottery pick, and our late 1st rd pick.

yep exactly unless you're getting Bogut for Marbury. Marbury/Taft will do a lot more damage than trading up for a Chris Paul. and a Paul/TT tandem instead. Its quite comical actually lol. There is no point in moving up for anyone other than Bogut.

Disagree there. I'd move up for Marvin Williams in a heartbeat. He's only a freshman in college and he's already the 3rd best player on a team full of NBA prospects. He's going to be a bigtime player in the NBA, I just think Bogut has a little more shelf-life then Marvin does since Bogut is a center who could be able to man the low blocks for whatever team that drafts him for years to come. Marvin has serious game though and if Isiah traded up to get him, I for one would be happy.

I'm assuming Marvin doesn't come out. otherwise I would have listed him too. You think he's definitely coming out? I don't know man frontcourt player like Taft are more condusive to winning championships! right? I don't think its worth trading down for a SF. a position we don't desperately need to address as much as the gaping hole in the frontcourt and at SG.
rvhoss
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #777
Switzerland
3/30/2005  12:03 PM
Sticking with the board topic...I would keep:
TT, Marbs, Crawford, Sweetney and Ariza.

To me, this is the future of the knicks.

I think TT will be restructured and sign for around 7 mill after this year and will be worth the pricetag.

I'd like to keep Mo T (post up offense) and Rose (defense and energy), but if we can get a shot blocker, then they can be moved.

JYD is cool and all, but is an expensive cheerleader in my mind.

I'm sure I missed someone. but to recap:
TT, Marbs, Crawford, Sweetney and Ariza.
alternates: Mo T and Rose
all kool aid all the time.
Players you want to KEEP for next season

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy