Posted by diderotn:

Houston, oh Houston, oh Houston...You are a thieve

that's my new favorite poem
The true Knickabocker..........
edsonline
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #735
3/29/2005  11:03 AM
The only guy on this team who should be untouchable is Marbury. Having said that, I think that Rose and Taylor will be back as well (they just got here/have helped a lot/have big contracts so hard to trade). The rest of them all have a pretty good chance of being moved. Well, except Houston, unless IT can move him into retirement.
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
3/29/2005  11:07 AM
i'm not so sure about Taylor coming back next year...seems to me he's being showcased for other teams right now...i think Isiah will try to move him in the offseason, unless they finally find an acceptable trade for KT, who's been on the market for God knows how long.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
nykdunk
Member: #570
USA
3/29/2005  11:08 AM
Keep Ariza and Rose. Everyone else is expendable.
Cookdcokehop
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #880
USA
3/29/2005  11:17 AM
i think if isiah thomas trades marbury, evrybody else will start bringin their A game. cuz right now marbury seems untouchable.
OasisBU
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #257
USA
3/29/2005  11:23 AM
I think the entire roster is expendable.
"If at first you don't succeed, then maybe you just SUCK." Kenny Powers
diderotn
Member: #650
USA
3/29/2005  11:29 AM
I can't believe that some of you want to trade the most consistant player that we have. Marb worked his *** off this season. He is by far our MVP. it is not his fault at all that we have a bad record. The inconsistant bunch: Kurt, TT, Penny, Houston, Crawf, are the one that should go. As far as I am concerned, Marb is a keeper. He passes the ball, but guys still have to make shots. We don't have a shot blocker, nor a consistant shooter. Defensively, we have improved considering where we were during Lenny's tenure.
The true Knickabocker..........
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
3/29/2005  12:48 PM
Posted by diderotn:

I can't believe that some of you want to trade the most consistant player that we have. Marb worked his *** off this season. He is by far our MVP. it is not his fault at all that we have a bad record. The inconsistant bunch: Kurt, TT, Penny, Houston, Crawf, are the one that should go. As far as I am concerned, Marb is a keeper. He passes the ball, but guys still have to make shots. We don't have a shot blocker, nor a consistant shooter. Defensively, we have improved considering where we were during Lenny's tenure.
I agree on Marbury.
joec32033
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #583
USA
3/29/2005  1:06 PM
The question was who do you want to keep.......not who should we trade...I don't mind keeping Steph, but I would have no qualms about trading him for the right price.
~You can't run from who you are.~
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
3/29/2005  1:09 PM
Posted by Marv:
Posted by diderotn:

Can someone make a poem about Houston being useless? Kinda like giving him the nickname: Houseless?
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
Bonn1997
USA
3/29/2005  2:09 PM
Posted by joec32033:

The question was who do you want to keep.......not who should we trade...I don't mind keeping Steph, but I would have no qualms about trading him for the right price.
I have no qualms trading anyone on any team in any sport for the "right" price. If the price is right, by definition, you do the trade.

It's hard to imagine a scenario where the price would be right for Marbury or Ariza, though. I think both players are worth more to the Knicks than any player another GM would be willing to give up to get those two.
joec32033
USA
3/29/2005  11:38 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by joec32033:

I have no qualms trading anyone on any team in any sport for the "right" price. If the price is right, by definition, you do the trade.

It's hard to imagine a scenario where the price would be right for Marbury or Ariza, though. I think both players are worth more to the Knicks than any player another GM would be willing to give up to get those two.

If I was offered a top 3 or maybe even a top 5 pick and a late 1st rounder (in THIS draft) I might move Steph...The chance to have 2 lotto picks in this draft is oo good to pass up...Can you imagine being able to draft Taft+Green or the dood from UNC for sure and still be able to pick up some later guys like a Hodge and a Petro or Simien?

KT/Taft/Petro/Butler
Sweetney/Simien/Rose
Ariza/TT/JYD
Craw/Hodge
McCants/???

[Edited by - joec32033 on 03/29/2005 23:40:55]
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
3/30/2005  2:37 AM
I agree that Marbury is not the reason for the team plummeting, just like how Ewing wasn't the reason we never won a championship, and Houston wasn't the reason for us sucking back when we only had him and Sprewell. Some of the criticism is unfair, however b/c this team is so bad, trading Marbury is not out of the question, and not for the sake of giving up on him. Maybe trade him to bring more overall depth and balance and stock up the frontcourt (While using the draft to pick up backcourt players) or use him for the #1 pick or something.

I said all this time I'd trade him for Iverson, but when you think of it, you see no point in trading him for another backcourt player. b/c it's most likely a lateral trade, even if it's for Iverson. He'll help the team, but he probably wouldn't even put this team in the second round if we magically became a playoff team.

You don't trade Mabury b/c the fans are putting pressure on him. He's a top 3 PG and very hard to replace. But there are ways to do so.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
3/30/2005  9:13 AM
Posted by Silverfuel:
Posted by Marv:
Posted by diderotn:

Can someone make a poem about Houston being useless? Kinda like giving him the nickname: Houseless?

check out TT's line from last night...that's pretty much as useless as a player can get while he's actually able to play...i bet Allan Houston could put up better #'s than that right now on 2 bumn knees.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Bonn1997
USA
3/30/2005  10:51 AM
Posted by joec32033:
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by joec32033:

If I was offered a top 3 or maybe even a top 5 pick and a late 1st rounder (in THIS draft) I might move Steph...The chance to have 2 lotto picks in this draft is oo good to pass up...Can you imagine being able to draft Taft+Green or the dood from UNC for sure and still be able to pick up some later guys like a Hodge and a Petro or Simien?

KT/Taft/Petro/Butler
Sweetney/Simien/Rose
Ariza/TT/JYD
Craw/Hodge
McCants/???

We already have one lottery pick, the question is whether we're better off with Marbury (our present scenario) or with a top 5 and a late 1st round pick (the alternative you proposed). Anything's possible, but I think it's highly unlikely that either of those picks would amount to a player as good as Marbury is. I'd rather have Marbury, our current lottery pick, and our late 1st rd pick.
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
3/30/2005  11:02 AM
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by joec32033:
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by joec32033:

KT/Taft/Petro/Butler
Sweetney/Simien/Rose
Ariza/TT/JYD
Craw/Hodge
McCants/???

We already have one lottery pick, the question is whether we're better off with Marbury (our present scenario) or with a top 5 and a late 1st round pick (the alternative you proposed). Anything's possible, but I think it's highly unlikely that either of those picks would amount to a player as good as Marbury is. I'd rather have Marbury, our current lottery pick, and our late 1st rd pick.

yep exactly unless you're getting Bogut for Marbury. Marbury/Taft will do a lot more damage than trading up for a Chris Paul. and a Paul/TT tandem instead. Its quite comical actually lol. There is no point in moving up for anyone other than Bogut.
nyk4ever
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #848
USA
3/30/2005  11:05 AM
Posted by gunsnewing:
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by joec32033:
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by joec32033:

KT/Taft/Petro/Butler
Sweetney/Simien/Rose
Ariza/TT/JYD
Craw/Hodge
McCants/???

yep exactly unless you're getting Bogut for Marbury. Marbury/Taft will do a lot more damage than trading up for a Chris Paul. and a Paul/TT tandem instead. Its quite comical actually lol. There is no point in moving up for anyone other than Bogut.

Disagree there. I'd move up for Marvin Williams in a heartbeat. He's only a freshman in college and he's already the 3rd best player on a team full of NBA prospects. He's going to be a bigtime player in the NBA, I just think Bogut has a little more shelf-life then Marvin does since Bogut is a center who could be able to man the low blocks for whatever team that drafts him for years to come. Marvin has serious game though and if Isiah traded up to get him, I for one would be happy.
"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
joec32033
USA
3/30/2005  11:05 AM
How about a Marvin Williams-Taft-Julius Hodge draft?
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
3/30/2005  11:11 AM
Hodge wont be in the NBA next year... he just wont translate. He's a shorter Darius Rice. Stay away from him in the draft. If you have any interest he will be a FA before the season starts. Even if someone takes him in the 2nd round I doubt he makes a roster.

There will be a lot of decent prospects in that 2nd round worth a shot way before this guy.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Players you want to KEEP for next season

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy