Players you want to KEEP for next season
Author Thread
Elite
Alba Posts: 23
Member: #510

3/28/2005  2:56 PM
my list is short:
Stephon Marbury, Trevor Ariza, Jerome Williams and Malik Rose

everyone else is watever to me... sweetney is nice too but i wouldent be heart broken if he left... KT can go... notice the games he was out how good we played... Malik and Jerome have GOT TO STAY they embody wat winning is suppposed to be about

steph is the man, and i jus like Ariza

any thoughts?
AUTOADVERT
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
3/28/2005  3:00 PM
Ariza, JYD & Malik...everyone else can be traded as long as it nets us an improved roster as far as i'm concerned.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
3/28/2005  3:03 PM
I agree with everything except I would drop the notion of potentially doing better at PF than Sweetney. what exactly are we going to get for Sweetney? Brand, Illgaukus, Curry? there's no chance. Sweetney is learning how to become an effective NBA player and his post presence and rebounding is extremely difficult to find. Unless you want to trade Sweetney and our lotto pick for an overpaid young underachieving veteran like a Mo Taylor type or mcdyess, zach randolph with knee problems then lets drop the notion of trading Sweetney. And lets hope that he gets big minutes from here on out so that his developemental process is speed up so that he can contribute to a winning season next year.

[Edited by - gunsnewing on 03/28/2005 15:07:27]
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
3/28/2005  3:15 PM
-Marbury- Unless we can get a better player (unlikely), or years and years worth of picks.
-Ariza- would deal him for the right player like Artest, but keep him for now.
-Sweetney- Unless we can get a taller player, lets please give him a legit shot to be a post presence and play 30 mins a game before we trade him.

The rest are up for grabs. Crawford can be dealt especially if he can get us a bigger SG as part of a nice trade package (like Joe Johnson, Corey Maggette etc.). I like JYD and Rose, and I think every team can use bench players like that, but we don't really need both. I've always liked Kurt but we need to go in another direction. Timmy? Too much headache...this guy will never be consistent. Taylor? Easily expendable unless we trade Sweetney and don't get any post players in return. Penny? I'll pack his bags for him. Butler, Sundov, Jackson- Only Butler is worth keeping around for camp as a prospect. H20? He'd have been long gone if he wasnt untradable.
gunsnewing
USA
3/28/2005  3:22 PM
i agree i would love to have such a positive guy like JYD on the team but with Rose already here we really can't afford to be paying both of them $7mil a year.
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
3/28/2005  5:16 PM
Posted by gunsnewing:

I agree with everything except I would drop the notion of potentially doing better at PF than Sweetney. what exactly are we going to get for Sweetney? Brand, Illgaukus, Curry? there's no chance. Sweetney is learning how to become an effective NBA player and his post presence and rebounding is extremely difficult to find. Unless you want to trade Sweetney and our lotto pick for an overpaid young underachieving veteran like a Mo Taylor type or mcdyess, zach randolph with knee problems then lets drop the notion of trading Sweetney. And lets hope that he gets big minutes from here on out so that his developemental process is speed up so that he can contribute to a winning season next year.

[Edited by - gunsnewing on 03/28/2005 15:07:27]

dude, at this point Malik Rose is about as effective a player as Sweetney is...he needs to seriously work on his conditioning over the offseason if he's going to remain as the starting PF for this team next year...i wouldn't mind trading Sweetney 1 bit if it means getting back a young talented player who can play the C position or a G who can shut down guys defensively on the perimeter...i would be perfectly happy w/drafting a Hakim Warrick or Wayne Simien to play the PF for us next season in Sweetney's place...he's not an untouchable by any stretch in my eyes.

for example, i'd trade Sweetney & 1 of the late 1st round picks we got from the Spurs for Al Harrington in a heartbeat if i could...or in a deal for Kwame, Curry, Chandler, Dalembert or Stromile Swift, i say bye-bye to Sweets w/no regrets.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
nyk4ever
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #848
USA
3/28/2005  5:22 PM
I'm honestly tired about hearing how Sweetney is still learning, by now if he can't go out there every nite and not disappear then you have to start wondering if he will ever do it. I understand that it takes big men a little bit longer to adjust from college to NBA style ball but honestly Sweetney right now is not showing me that he can do it on a night to night basis or even a quarter to quarter basis. Is it his conditioning? I dont know maybe it is. I personally just don't think he's a mean enough guy to go down there and throw his massive body around like he should be doing night in and and night out.

Now that I've deviated enough, the players that Id keep for next year are: Marbury, Ariza, Malik and Butler. I wouldn't even mind seeing KT stay, AS LONG as we brought in a effective center. If no effective center is found then KT can be gone like the rest of them.
"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
crzymdups
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #671
USA
3/28/2005  5:27 PM
I like our core. They just need a little help, particularly a shot blocker. I'd rather add through the draft than make a bad trade.
¿ △ ?
gunsnewing
USA
3/28/2005  5:29 PM
Posted by nyk4ever:

I'm honestly tired about hearing how Sweetney is still learning, by now if he can't go out there every nite and not disappear then you have to start wondering if he will ever do it. I understand that it takes big men a little bit longer to adjust from college to NBA style ball but honestly Sweetney right now is not showing me that he can do it on a night to night basis or even a quarter to quarter basis. Is it his conditioning? I dont know maybe it is. I personally just don't think he's a mean enough guy to go down there and throw his massive body around like he should be doing night in and and night out.

Now that I've deviated enough, the players that Id keep for next year are: Marbury, Ariza, Malik and Butler. I wouldn't even mind seeing KT stay, AS LONG as we brought in a effective center. If no effective center is found then KT can be gone like the rest of them.

if thats the case we should give up on crawford and ariza too. None of them do it on a consistent basis. Sweetney has only been a starter for 1month. people need to chill out. He's slowly picking up less fouls and learning to play nba defense and most important of all he's a real distubance in the paint already.

You guys are giving up on him way too quickly! I don't think he'll ever be a star but why can't he be at least a 13 & 9 player which would automatically make him the best PF on this team. What's his numbers since he's been starting. I bet it would be close to that if he was averaging at least 25mins instead of 18mins because Kurt and Co. need to play to
gunsnewing
USA
3/28/2005  5:34 PM
the problem is they are bringing sweetney along wayyyy to slowly because they still want to make the playoffs and are playing Kurt. When Kurt went down we won 2 games against 2 good teams. We actually closed out those games and a big part of it was because Sweetney played well and was in the game in the 4th quarter.

Then all of a sudden Kurt comes back and Sweetney has to sit out 4th quarters again.
nyk4ever
USA
3/28/2005  5:34 PM
Posted by gunsnewing:
Posted by nyk4ever:

if thats the case we should give up on crawford and ariza too. None of them do it on a consistent basis. Sweetney has only been a starter for 1month. people need to chill out. He's slowly picking up less fouls and learning to play nba defense and most important of all he's a real distubance in the paint already.

You guys are giving up on him way too quickly! I don't think he'll ever be a star but why can't he be at least a 13 & 9 player which would automatically make him the best PF on this team. What's his numbers since he's been starting. I bet it would be close to that if he was averaging at least 25mins instead of 18mins because Kurt and Co. need to play to

Problem is, Sweetney will go out and have a 19 point first quarter and then he will HAVE to sit becuase he isn't conditioned properly and he'll be barely do anything the rest of the game. Ariza I don't think can be counted becuase this is his second year out of highschool, he truly is someone who is still learning. If what you want out of your starting power forward is 13 and 9 then Sweetney is your guy but to me thats not good enough, especially when your center is a 13 and 9 guy as well. Sweetney needs to really step up the rest of the year to make me think differently and he really needs to work on his conditioning this off-season.
gunsnewing
USA
3/28/2005  5:38 PM
oh i agree he needs to get in shape. but if he ever does then I truly believe he will be at least a 16 & 10 player.

if not then I would definitely trade him if we can get a heck of a player like you want to replace him with

[Edited by - gunsnewing on 03/28/2005 17:41:16]
nyk4ever
USA
3/28/2005  5:39 PM
Posted by gunsnewing:

the problem is they are bringing sweetney along wayyyy to slowly because they still want to make the playoffs and are playing Kurt. When Kurt went down we won 2 games against 2 good teams. We actually closed out those games and a big part of it was because Sweetney played well and was in the game in the 4th quarter.

Then all of a sudden Kurt comes back and Sweetney has to sit out 4th quarters again.

I dont get it. When does the player take it upon himself to change the ideas of the coaching staff if hes not getting enough playing time? Chaney never played him, Lenny never played him and Herb isnt giving him much more time either and this is a losing year. When does it become the players fault and not the coaches?
Clean
Member: #743
3/28/2005  5:55 PM
maybe there is a reason he isn ot getting time. I don't like the idea of sweets starting I rather him come in as a backup and abuse the other teams second unit. To tell you the truth I wont ever want him starting unless he can lose weight and jump higher because we have way to many mobile Pfs in this NBA to start a player like sweets.
joec32033
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #583
USA
3/28/2005  5:57 PM
Ariza, Malik, that's about it. I'd like to keep Craw but if he can get us Hughes, I would move him.
~You can't run from who you are.~
gunsnewing
USA
3/28/2005  5:59 PM
after thinking about it...i dont have a problem with him only getting about 25min a game as long as he plays in the 4th quarter instead of sitting the entire quarter. And hope that the coaching staff keeps its word about making sure he comes into camp in shape next year if not then trade him if you can do better. I'm sick of all the collapses we've had since Kurt Thomas became our best bigman. GET SWEETNEY IN THE GAME DURING THE 4TH QUARTER AND WE WONT SHOOT NOTHING BUT BRICKS FROM THE PERIMETER AND MOST IMPORTANT OF ALL WE'LL ACTUALLY GO AFTER CLUTCH REBOUNDS INSTEAD OF WAIT FOR THEM TO FALL ON OUR HANDS!!!!!

[Edited by - gunsnewing on 03/29/2005 00:02:14]
Cookdcokehop
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #880
USA
3/28/2005  11:56 PM
i am so tired of the pick and roll that i want to throw a chair at my t.v.. kurt thomas sucks all he does is slow down the offense. sweetney needs to get conditoned. only person i think should stay is ariza, jyd, and marbury. i say marbury cuz i remember the days of the howard eisley and charlie wards, so since we got a good point lets keep him.
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
3/29/2005  1:16 AM
I would keep marbs, ariza, sweets, rose(jyd and rose are redundang)

I would move craw for a player like JJ from the suns, other than that craw comes back..

the rest of the team can go away...
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
gunsnewing
USA
3/29/2005  1:22 AM
and there's still people around who think we're only a steven hunter or Johan Petro away from being a good team when its obvious we need to draft a star like green, taft or McCants
diderotn
Member: #650
USA
3/29/2005  6:46 AM
My list: Marb, Ariza, JYD, Malik, Butler, TT, Mo Taylor with a reconstructed contract.

Crawf is not my type of player, he is streaky and has poor court judgement.
Kurt!!! need I say more
Sweetney, I like the kid, but his weight issues are a concern. If he is not disciplined enough to manage his weight after two years, he doesn't need to be a Knick. Pat Reiley had a system where it was imperative for all of his players to be in top shape, maybe Isiah needs to adopt that system too.
Houston, oh Houston, oh Houston...You are a thieve
Bruno!! why keeping him around if we are not going to use him???

Posted by gunsnewing:

i agree i would love to have such a positive guy like JYD on the team but with Rose already here we really can't afford to be paying both of them $7mil a year.
The true Knickabocker..........
Players you want to KEEP for next season

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy