knicksbabyyeah
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #100
Netherlands
3/29/2002  5:00 AM

please fire Layden

I just read that NYTimes article about NYK scouting,

http://www.nytimes.com/2002/03/29/sports/basketball/29KNIC.html

I have rarely been so nautious early in the morning without actually being sick. I don't know how you perceive this article but I surely get the impression Layden will remain the NYK GM.

first ill: Layden is "scouting" Wagner for two games and sees him as a 12th pick? Puhlease, every mock draft everywhere you can find one has Wagner between the 3-7 pick. Why? The kid maybe just 6'3" but his amazing ability to score at will is amazing. There's nothing he can't do with the ball and every team that would land him becomes immediately richer and gets a player who in the future would demand to be doubled. This kid has top 5 pick written all over him, possible 2nd pick if he stayed in school one more year (nobody will take him over LeBron but that's about it, he's smoking).

Now I wouldn't actually want to pick Wagner, I'd rather pick Gooden, Wilcox, Jeffries or Stoudemire but the misrepresentation of such an astonishing talent is sickening. He wouldn't be my pick but he wouldn't be a wasted pick as he's clearly all that and a bag of chips.

more ills:The buck doesn't stop their regrettedly, the knicks might be blowing smoke but with the currently slated 5th-7th pick you can't seriously project Chris Marcus to be the knicks pick without feeling queezy. Might be smoke but looks like the NYK are going to draft for size at the center position.

1.Ming

2.Marcus

3.Borchardt

It doesn't look like brass is smart enough to trade down for another pick as these mofo's would still be there in a late lottery pick albeit Ming of course not.

The general impression is that NYK is convinced some slight retooling will get the Knick back into the playoffs, where the Knicks won't be able to EVER win the championship in the current structure of overpaid, short and old lineup. Adding a stiff to it makes me sick, especially if you remember Felton Spencer once was a sixth pick once again emphasizing NOT TO DRAFT FOR PURE NEED. Don't they understand we need a total rebuild? 8 guards, no SF, 4 PF and 2 foulmeat centers aren't quickly "retooled" to a contender. Clearly the Knicks lack a longterm plan, where there is a high possibility that when Shaq his contract is up he'll retire giving the Knicks a clear date at what time the team should hit it's first peak, the 06-07 season. If the team would be totally rebuild, all new athletic and tall for their position lineup buy the season 04-05, two season to gel and tweak a little, the Knicks could be looking at a possible rulership of the NBA (optimistically of course).

Instead brass is happy with years of revenue on a road going nowhere. Please someone kidnap Jimmy D. and let the ransom demands be to rebuild the Knicks.
AUTOADVERT
BigSm00th
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #178
USA
3/29/2002  12:26 PM
It said in Insider today that the Knicks were leaning on drafting Chris Marcus. God, I can't believe this, the whole franchise is going down the drain to this bum. I think I might go on a hunger strike to prevent them from getting that fat slob.
#Knickstaps
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
3/29/2002  4:11 PM
If Wagner's available New York has to take him. Williams and Ming are likely out of reach and Drew Gooden could also be there, but that is less likely as well. Wagner seems to be the answer at point guard and we can fix the other problems later.
Spree4life
Member: #206
3/29/2002  5:04 PM
Please don't draft Chris Marcus. We don't need a guy to go up against Spencer in practice. Please draft WAGNER!! If Layden picks Marcus over Wagner,i am rooting for the Nets. I want a championship, not mediocrity!!

[Edited by - spree4life on 03/29/2002 17:07:07]
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
3/29/2002  6:15 PM
Posted by Spree4life:

Please don't draft Chris Marcus. We don't need a guy to go up against Spencer in practice. Please draft WAGNER!! If Layden picks Marcus over Wagner,i am rooting for the Nets. I want a championship, not mediocrity!!

Marcus will be decent, but won't ever be great. I completely agree with you. He won't be any Felton Spencer, but he won't be mistaken for Shaq either. I compare him to a Michael Olawankandi or Brendon Haywood type player. Wagner on the other hand will be a Stephon Marbury or Allen Iverson type player with a superstar future. I think most realize who the obvious better choice is.
VG
Member: #68
Australia
3/29/2002  9:46 PM
Layden is a moron. If he wants to pick a big guy, go with Drew Gooden...
BigSm00th
USA
3/29/2002  11:44 PM
I was at the game tonight and they were awful. Any kind of help was good. Towards the end when the Knicks were almost down by 40 (a KG 3 would've put them down by 40) the upper sections where I was sitting was chanting "Layden Sucks" It was great. I doubt it made TV though, wasn't too loud. I'm going to a home game against Charlotte coming up and I'm wearing a brown bag over my head that says 'Disgruntled Knicks Fan' on front and 'Layden Sucks' on back. Maybe on the sides I'll put an ad for ultimateknicks.
#Knickstaps
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
3/30/2002  12:19 AM
I am all for Drafting the best talent available regardless of position. Its a lot easier to fill in around a Franchise player than it is too fill in around a average to good even very good player. Wagner is a special player, Kind of like a steve Francis type. If he is available the knicks should take him!! then they should take either KT or Othella and try to package a deal for another late pick and see if Stoudamire, or wilcox or even Haislip is available.. I don't want any BIG STIFFS!!!!
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
BigSm00th
USA
3/30/2002  12:55 AM
Yup, I agree wholeheartedly. Get someone the Knicks can build around in the future, not a role player. We aren't doing a patchjob, they need to start over and getting a good player like Wagner would be a good start.
#Knickstaps
Spree4life
Member: #206
3/30/2002  11:29 AM
Posted by Knixkik:
Posted by Spree4life:

Marcus will be decent, but won't ever be great. I completely agree with you. He won't be any Felton Spencer, but he won't be mistaken for Shaq either. I compare him to a Michael Olawankandi or Brendon Haywood type player. Wagner on the other hand will be a Stephon Marbury or Allen Iverson type player with a superstar future. I think most realize who the obvious better choice is.
Man, Spencer was number 6 overall in the draft. So why wouldn't Marcus become a "Spencer"?
NYK management is in denial

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy