[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

NBA Draft "Hindu Theory"
Author Thread
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
3/28/2005  2:30 PM
It's a little early on, but it'll be fun to do a little bit of "Hindu Theory" while we hope the Knicks can get a good playoff spot. For those of you that don't know, the term "Hindu Theory" was coined by former New York Giants GM George Young, who said "If NFL general managers and scouts had one common religion, it would be Hinduism because they all believe in reincarnation. They think every new player reminds them of some former NFL performer." That can apply easily with the NBA as well. Let's a list a few of ours here. Of course all of these are best case scenarios and should be taken with a grain of salt. This is more for fun than anything.

Adam Morrison, Gonzaga- Chris Mullin
Marvin Williams, UNC- Carmelo Anthony
Charlie Villanueva, UConn- Rasheed Wallace (best case scenario)
Danny Granger, New Mexico- Shawn Marion (less athletic)
Joey Graham- Caron Butler
Fransisco Garcia- Kyle Korver (more on game than build)
Chris Taft- Antonio McDyess (or Chris Wilcox!)
Eddie Basden, Charlotte- Bruce Bowen
Hakim Warrick- Stromile Swift (shorter version)
Andrew Bogut-Vlade Divac crossed with Tim Duncan?
Chris Paul- Mike Bibby with more playmaking ability?
Deron Williams- Frank Williams in his 4 game starting role with the Knicks last year??? Haha, I honestly don't know...he has a funny build.
Jarret Jack- The Gary Payton of today.

AUTOADVERT
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
3/28/2005  2:45 PM
Bogut is closer to Duncan than Divac. The only similarity he has to Divac is his passing but he's a much better shotblocker, rebounder & offensive player than Divac ever had the potential to be.
VDesai
USA
3/28/2005  2:49 PM
Posted by gunsnewing:

Bogut is closer to Duncan than Divac. The only similarity he has to Divac is his passing but he's a much better shotblocker, rebounder & offensive player than Divac ever had the potential to be.

Oh I agree with that. I'm not sure he's as good a shotblocker/rebounder/offensive player as Duncan (but he's certainly very good to great in those categories). That's why I made him a cross. I lot of people have compared him to Bill Walton, who I was too young to see, so I can't make that comparison...
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
3/28/2005  2:53 PM
I see what you mean.

I just dont think its rigth to mention his name next to Divac when their only similarity is their passing. He's a much more mobile bigman. It would be like comparing Lebron to Brevin Knight who's an okay play but it that would really discredit Lebron.

VDesai
USA
3/28/2005  2:56 PM
I only mention Divac because he's the one of the best passing big man we've seen in recent times, and Bogut has that type of skill. Maybe Sabonis?
purple012870
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #432
3/28/2005  4:06 PM
Nice post!!

I thought you had some great comparisons, except for a few.

Villanueva to me is Tim Thomas
Hakim Warrick = a very young Scottie Pippen

Do you think Channing Frye has a shot on the next level? 6'11" heady player, blocks some shots, great touch.

I'd like to see the Knicks get a combo guard out of the Spurs pick. Luther Head would be a nice addition.
VDesai
USA
3/28/2005  11:42 PM
Hard to compare Frye to anybody. I think he's a solid player but won't be spectacular. Probably better than Jason Collins or the guys he's been compared to thus far. Better version of Lorenzen Wright?

Villanueva I think at least hits the boards hard and can play on the defensive end as opposed to Timmy.

Anyone else have some comparisons? Fishmike made a good on another thread. Sean May= Young Clarence Weatherspoon.
Caseloads
Member: #41
3/28/2005  11:53 PM
Posted by VDesai:

Hard to compare Frye to anybody. I think he's a solid player but won't be spectacular. Probably better than Jason Collins or the guys he's been compared to thus far. Better version of Lorenzen Wright?

Villanueva I think at least hits the boards hard and can play on the defensive end as opposed to Timmy.

Anyone else have some comparisons? Fishmike made a good on another thread. Sean May= Young Clarence Weatherspoon.
Yeah, probably lorenzen / camby mix - on another topic - why doesnt eddy curry rebound?!
Mac
Member: #470
Japan
3/29/2005  5:12 AM
Maybe it's just me, but I don't think Bogut will be any better than B Miller.
VDesai
USA
3/29/2005  1:18 PM
Posted by Mac:

Maybe it's just me, but I don't think Bogut will be any better than B Miller.

Bigger player, better hands, better defensive player (makes a much bigger impact there). Everything Miller does he does as well.
VDesai
USA
3/29/2005  5:08 PM
Here are some more:

Ike Diogu- Maurice Taylor
Wayne Simien- Corliss Wiliamson
Shelden Williams- Tyrone Hill with more shotblocking ability
Kennedy Winston- Quentin Richardson
Ronny Turiaf- Etan Thomas
Dijon Thompson- Tracey/Lamond Murray
Julius Hodge-Marquis Daniels
Ryan Gomes-Marcus Fizer with a still developing outside game. Poor man's Glenn Robinson.

Where are all the rest of the draftniks? I'd like to see who some of you other guys are reminded of with these players...
NBA Draft "Hindu Theory"

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy