[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Knicks have to trim their payroll....
Author Thread
diderotn
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #650
USA
3/28/2005  10:32 AM
For a team with the largest payroll in the league, we are truly horrible...Isiah needs to find ways to trim it down as much as possible, and hopefully compete at the same time...Trade Houston to a team that will be in need for cap space the next season, and offer to pay the $20 million that he is due for 05-06. Penny has to go too.
The true Knickabocker..........
AUTOADVERT
bigpimpin
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #801
USA
3/28/2005  10:37 AM
Good ideal except for the fact that Isiah is adding to the payroll. There is no limit to the payroll. The Knicks will never be under the salary cap, they don't operate like that but good ideal.
"Anyone who sits around waiting to hit the lottery, whether basketball or real life, in order to better their position is a loser."
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
3/28/2005  10:37 AM
If he had any intention of doing that, he wouldn't have made the Rose and Taylor trade.

Isiah's plan is similar to Layden's, which is no plan.
diderotn
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #650
USA
3/28/2005  10:46 AM
I think that I disagree with you all about Isiah's plan. He added Rose and Taylor to replace a couple of the bad contracts that we have right now next season....Penny is seldom used, so he will be gone next season. Both Rose and Taylor can provide what Penny gave us...remove his contract off the books, that will be 15 million less. You have to have capable players on a roster to be competitive, but having Penny and Houston sort of paralizes us...I like Isiah's plan, and I believe that it will work in the long run...

I predict that after the 06 season, the Knicks will be under or near the cap...OUr payroll will be trimed to perhaps 80 million
The true Knickabocker..........
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
3/28/2005  10:47 AM
Posted by Rich:

If he had any intention of doing that, he wouldn't have made the Rose and Taylor trade.

Isiah's plan is similar to Layden's, which is no plan.

which might mean that Dolan is the real problem.....

fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
3/28/2005  11:32 AM
the plan is certainly suspect. While I like Marbury and some of these guys what probably would have been best would be to have just focused on the draft for 3 years. Now when Houston and Anderson's $28mm come off the books it wont have much impact at all. He could have just focused on aquiring rookie contracts up until that year but oh well.

I will give Isiah a couple of years.. every GM deserves at least that but its certainly had to figure out what his plan is as he's all over the place. Either the plans changed, there is no plan or its a bad plan. Time will tell... hopefully we execute in the draft 1 and 1a
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
3/28/2005  11:48 AM
Posted by fishmike:

the plan is certainly suspect. While I like Marbury and some of these guys what probably would have been best would be to have just focused on the draft for 3 years. Now when Houston and Anderson's $28mm come off the books it wont have much impact at all. He could have just focused on aquiring rookie contracts up until that year but oh well.

I will give Isiah a couple of years.. every GM deserves at least that but its certainly had to figure out what his plan is as he's all over the place. Either the plans changed, there is no plan or its a bad plan. Time will tell... hopefully we execute in the draft 1 and 1a

but now we have the players in marbury, crawford, Nazr etc to trade for draft picks. Its still not too late! before we didn't have players other teams would take a chance on.

Maybe thats whay Isiah means when he says he's focusing on improving the talent level of the team which was non-existent when he got here

bigpimpin
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #801
USA
3/28/2005  12:33 PM
Posted by diderotn:

I think that I disagree with you all about Isiah's plan. He added Rose and Taylor to replace a couple of the bad contracts that we have right now next season....Penny is seldom used, so he will be gone next season. Both Rose and Taylor can provide what Penny gave us...remove his contract off the books, that will be 15 million less. You have to have capable players on a roster to be competitive, but having Penny and Houston sort of paralizes us...I like Isiah's plan, and I believe that it will work in the long run...

I predict that after the 06 season, the Knicks will be under or near the cap...OUr payroll will be trimed to perhaps 80 million

if he adds then the key word is ADD.

Isiah has been talking about his "expiring contracts" since the beginning of time so if you know the M.O. it clearly shows he moves expiring deals to acquire players, more than likely talented players with those contracts.

ADD + acquire

I wrote an article recently detailing why the Knicks will never be under the cap but you can see for yourself without going into detail

Marbury
Kurt Thomas
Crawford
Rose
Sweetney
Ariza

Add those salaries up when Houston comes off the book (this is another myth about how we will be under the cap when his deal expires)

after you add those players salaries up tell me what you come up with then factor into the equation of a 12 man roster

then factor the projected increase in the salary cap

then you will see how we will still be over the cap.

I like the job Isiah has done but he is not trying to get under the cap. He told you that on WFAN
"Anyone who sits around waiting to hit the lottery, whether basketball or real life, in order to better their position is a loser."
Knicks have to trim their payroll....

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy