[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

vince carter
Author Thread
PooPooPrince
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #719
3/28/2005  3:58 AM
the knicks should have given up nazr.. crawford and change when the deal was on the table

the addtion of 2 underzied pfs in reminiscent of the layden era

loyalty my butt
AUTOADVERT
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
3/28/2005  11:56 AM
The question is really would you rather have 2 late 1st rd draft picks, a lottery pick this year around #9, and Jamal Crawford OR Vince Carter and a mid 1st rd pick (because the Knicks probably would have made the playoffs this year if they had acquired Vince when the Nets instead did. When phrased that way, the decision is more difficult.
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
3/28/2005  12:02 PM
as good as carter is playing I don't know if he's good for team chemistry. He shoots way to damn much especially from 3. It works on the Nets because they are a pathetic CBA team. And he quits on his team after a while if its not going well which would be the last thing we need.

But if we did make that trade then I would be pretty happy with Carter and Petro on the Knicks next year. And his contract is not an issue to me since it expires only 3yrs from now.
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
3/28/2005  12:07 PM
There was a quote from Oak recently saying that the only reason Vince is trying now is because he knows Kidd will kick his butt if he doesn't. He says that in Toronto the only time Vince tried was when he and A. Davis rode Vince to make sure he worked. I don't know if Vince would be playing as hard or as well here.

Also, I don't know why people keep acting like the Knicks had a chance at Vince anyway. Jersey had mid first round picks to give up and the Knicks didn't. That was the difference. Toronto didn't want any of our crappy, overpaid players. They wanted picks.
¿ △ ?
gunsnewing
USA
3/28/2005  12:20 PM
Posted by crzymdups:

There was a quote from Oak recently saying that the only reason Vince is trying now is because he knows Kidd will kick his butt if he doesn't. He says that in Toronto the only time Vince tried was when he and A. Davis rode Vince to make sure he worked. I don't know if Vince would be playing as hard or as well here.

Also, I don't know why people keep acting like the Knicks had a chance at Vince anyway. Jersey had mid first round picks to give up and the Knicks didn't. That was the difference. Toronto didn't want any of our crappy, overpaid players. They wanted picks.

very true. good post!
rvhoss
Member: #777
Switzerland
3/28/2005  1:06 PM
absolutely crzymdups.
all kool aid all the time.
tomverve
Member: #878
3/28/2005  1:24 PM
I second crymdups. Plus, there's a reason Carter was available in the first place. NJ has come up roses with VC thus far, but watch out. There's always the substantial risk that Carter destroys one of his knees again. The last thing this team needs is for a guy to flair up for a season or two and then become an Allan Houston redux.
help treat disease with your spare computing power : http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/
gunsnewing
USA
3/28/2005  2:05 PM
Posted by tomverve:

I second crymdups. Plus, there's a reason Carter was available in the first place. NJ has come up roses with VC thus far, but watch out. There's always the substantial risk that Carter destroys one of his knees again. The last thing this team needs is for a guy to flair up for a season or two and then become an Allan Houston redux.

i would take that chance though if injury risk was the only negative we were basing this one since he's still young and only has 3yrs left on his contract. Allan Houston broke down in his 3rd year into his 7yr deal...HUGE DIFFERENCE!!

I'm happy we didn't get Carter for the reasons crymdups posted. I think that his character is a lot more alarming
PooPooPrince
Member: #719
3/28/2005  3:39 PM
http://163.21.31.10/~s921536/air_newjersey_mix_part_2.wmv

this loads in media player

the video is not that good but as u think about it u will wish knicks had got carter
vince carter

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy