Sean May UNC
Author Thread
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
3/28/2005  2:07 PM
every PF you like is like Elton Brand.

May isnt even close. I dont know what else to say. If you dont believe me read scouting reports, nbadraft.net, whatever... he's a role player in the NBA. He's not even close to the athlete Brand is. He's closer to Harrington or even Clarence Weatherspoon (who had more than one 15/10 plus seasons).

Brand was a #1 pick. May wont be in the top 15, and if he is its because next years draft is so watered down thats the best there is.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
AUTOADVERT
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
3/28/2005  2:11 PM
Weatherspoon is actually a good comp. Just look at his body type. He's a real nice rebounder, can post and has a little bit of a J. Weatherspoon did all that too. That's not bad at all. I don't personally don't think he's in the class of Randolph, Brand as far as long range potential is concerned.
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
3/28/2005  2:28 PM
Posted by VDesai:

Weatherspoon is actually a good comp. Just look at his body type. He's a real nice rebounder, can post and has a little bit of a J. Weatherspoon did all that too. That's not bad at all. I don't personally don't think he's in the class of Randolph, Brand as far as long range potential is concerned.

i agree with that...its just that others were starting to convince me that he was Elton Brand so I started making the point that if we have a Brand at center we're still not winning a championship.

I agree i think at worst he's a weatherspoon in his prime 16 & 7 type player except 3inches taller. not quite an Elton Brand type because if he was he would be a lot more highly scouted. But I wouldn't compare him to Othella. He is a lot better than him. let me say it again...there is no way we should be looking to draft another PF we have other glaring needs and there will be guys with more star potential than May around when we pick.
fishmike
USA
3/28/2005  2:59 PM
May is just a big body that works hard.. thats it. Be carefull, he's surrounded by the best talent and playmakers in the NCAA. He's not athletic, he doesnt block shots, he's not explosive. He's a wide body, probably will measure around 6'7 or 6'8 and he clogs the lane and boxes out well. He's got good hands.

He's NOTHING like the player Brand was in school. He's exactly what Othella was like. A 16/8/1 player with some good moves and skills
nyk4ever
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #848
USA
3/28/2005  3:27 PM
Posted by fishmike:

May isnt even close. I dont know what else to say. If you dont believe me read scouting reports, nbadraft.net, whatever... he's a role player in the NBA. He's not even close to the athlete Brand is. He's closer to Harrington or even Clarence Weatherspoon (who had more than one 15/10 plus seasons).

Brand was a #1 pick. May wont be in the top 15, and if he is its because next years draft is so watered down thats the best there is.

There's no reason to read scouting reports when you can watch the guy on TV and take away your own scouting reports, instead of someone elses. I think the Othella comparison is off, hes much better on offense then Othella was in college and has more of a post game. I would agree that the Brand comparison is off too, I mean Elton Brand is Elton Brand and very few players 6'8 play like he does. I'd agree that hes a souped up version of Clarence Weatherspoon though. If Mike Sweetney is starting the NBA and if he wasn't on the Knicks there are a few other teams I can think of that he'd be starting for, then Sean May can def. start in the this league, I just think Sean May has much more of a prescence downlow and he will be a solid 15-17ppg and 7-8 rbg in the NBA.
"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
3/28/2005  3:42 PM
Posted by nyk4ever:
Posted by fishmike:

There's no reason to read scouting reports when you can watch the guy on TV and take away your own scouting reports, instead of someone elses. I think the Othella comparison is off, hes much better on offense then Othella was in college and has more of a post game. I would agree that the Brand comparison is off too, I mean Elton Brand is Elton Brand and very few players 6'8 play like he does. I'd agree that hes a souped up version of Clarence Weatherspoon though. If Mike Sweetney is starting the NBA and if he wasn't on the Knicks there are a few other teams I can think of that he'd be starting for, then Sean May can def. start in the this league, I just think Sean May has much more of a prescence downlow and he will be a solid 15-17ppg and 7-8 rbg in the NBA.

big differnce in being a wide body and a wide body who has extreme agilty with both his hands and feet. he uses his body to seal off defenders and his agility to score and rebound. he has a lot of movs around the basket. hes definetly not Karl Malone or even Elton Brand, but I can easily see him being a 17-18 and 10 C in the NBA.

he just cant be an option for us because we just have to many guys of the same body type. we either need more elite type athletes or we need a 7+ player
RIP Crushalot😞
fishmike
USA
3/28/2005  3:43 PM
Sweetney was 5 times the player May is in school. Sweetney was double and triple teamed every possesion and still shot > 50% got 22/10 and over 3 blocks a game. May plays with the best wing players in college ball, never gets doubled or has to make his own shot. I fail to see the comparison but OK
diderotn
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #650
USA
3/29/2005  6:57 AM
I would definitely move Sweetney for him, that is for sure....I saw him play the other day Vs Wisconsin, and he dominated from start to finish. He has a much better body than Sweetney and he is at least 2" taller than Sweetney...However, we will still need a Center...I want a true 7' as our center, not anyone shorter than that..

Posted by EnySpree:

Sean May has a killer instinct. He has a desire to punish the opposition. He also plays with fire and desire.

I would not use the same words to describe Mike Sweetney. I dunno if Sweetney will everr develop a killer instinct. Even after the Nazr trade he didn't look at that as his time to shine. Either you do or you don't. He has the opportunity. The 4 spot is his for the taking.

This Draft is full of capable big men. I'm looking at the draft and saying if May is available when the Knicks pick.......they gotta take him and then look to move Sweets to get another pick or something. I picture May becoming a instant starter on the next level. With the depth the Knicks have at the 4 Sweetney is just as expendable as KT is.
The true Knickabocker..........
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
3/29/2005  9:10 AM
Posted by diderotn:

I would definitely move Sweetney for him, that is for sure....I saw him play the other day Vs Wisconsin, and he dominated from start to finish. He has a much better body than Sweetney and he is at least 2" taller than Sweetney...However, we will still need a Center...I want a true 7' as our center, not anyone shorter than that..

Posted by EnySpree:

Sean May has a killer instinct. He has a desire to punish the opposition. He also plays with fire and desire.

I would not use the same words to describe Mike Sweetney. I dunno if Sweetney will everr develop a killer instinct. Even after the Nazr trade he didn't look at that as his time to shine. Either you do or you don't. He has the opportunity. The 4 spot is his for the taking.

This Draft is full of capable big men. I'm looking at the draft and saying if May is available when the Knicks pick.......they gotta take him and then look to move Sweets to get another pick or something. I picture May becoming a instant starter on the next level. With the depth the Knicks have at the 4 Sweetney is just as expendable as KT is.

actually they are the same height at 6'8''

you do realize you were watching college basketball where 6'8 bigman look like Giants most of the time right?
fishmike
USA
3/29/2005  9:15 AM
May is closer to 6'7 I would bet. Anyway I would take Ike Diogu WAY before I would take Sean May. Ike is 6'8 but has a huge wingspan. He cen defend all frontcourt positions and is probably the nations best post player. He's also got great range and nail the 15-18 footer.
Sean May UNC

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy