[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Sean May UNC
Author Thread
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

3/28/2005  1:19 AM
If he comes out he should definately go in the lottery. He reminds me of Karl Malone. He hasn't gotten any love on this board yet. What do guys think of him?
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
AUTOADVERT
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
3/28/2005  1:21 AM
6'8;; sweetney like PF when we already have Sweetney...no thanks
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
3/28/2005  1:32 AM
Posted by EnySpree:

If he comes out he should definately go in the lottery. He reminds me of Karl Malone. He hasn't gotten any love on this board yet. What do guys think of him?
Karl Malone? Karl Malone was an explosive, athletic 265 pounds ripped to shreds. I wrote up on May, he's definitely a Zach randolph like clone, hes got a better body than Sweetney in comparison, and also has that 14 foot jumper. He will be a dominator on the right team, I think either the Nets[move Kristic to pF] or the Raptors. He'sbetter than anyone we have at C for sure, but how can we justify taking another body type like that, even if the kid has substantial upside with PROVEN dominating skills. May is a good player because he has agility and great coordination in both his hands and his feet. He uses his huge frame to seal and has just a beautiful touch to do damage.
Zach Randolph--even perhaps a better team version-yes
karl malone--NO, not in this lifetime -different body types--hes an endomorph and karl was a mesomorph
RIP Crushalot😞
nyk4ever
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #848
USA
3/28/2005  1:40 AM
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by EnySpree:

Karl Malone? Karl Malone was an explosive, athletic 265 pounds ripped to shreds. I wrote up on May, he's definitely a Zach randolph like clone, hes got a better body than Sweetney in comparison, and also has that 14 foot jumper. He will be a dominator on the right team, I think either the Nets[move Kristic to pF] or the Raptors. He'sbetter than anyone we have at C for sure, but how can we justify taking another body type like that, even if the kid has substantial upside with PROVEN dominating skills. May is a good player because he has agility and great coordination in both his hands and his feet. He uses his huge frame to seal and has just a beautiful touch to do damage.
Zach Randolph--even perhaps a better team version-yes
karl malone--NO, not in this lifetime -different body types--hes an endomorph and karl was a mesomorph

Wow this is a first but Briggs, I agree with you 100% May is def. better then anyone we have on our roster and he could def. put up Zach Randolph-like numbers in the NBA and without the attitude problem. The best part about May is that he comes off as a VERY good person in all his interviews and you always seem him on the court helping teammates out, he just seems like a great team player.
"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
EnySpree

3/28/2005  2:03 AM
Ok Zack Randolph then......Still the dude to me looks like he could come in and start in the NBA right away. He gets no love on the draft sites or anywhere on the net.

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/28/2005  10:31 AM
May is a nice player, but a Boozer type player with a better mid range shot that won't come easy in the pro's. Booze got quick in the pro.

May has history if injury. Good team runs and guns.
OasisBU
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #257
USA
3/28/2005  10:34 AM
I would love to have Sean May on this team - or any other prospect coming out of UNC for that matter. That program produces some solid NBA players.

Watch the games this week with UNC - May is a giant among those college players. He is ready for the NBA and personally I think he would destroy Sweetney - not even in the same league.

Why do so many people ride Sweetneys jock? Sure he is an interesting player and could get better, but he has a LONG way to go. If someone is around that has a big body and can come in and be effective then you pick him regardless of your roster.

Is May really only 6' 8? He seems taller.
"If at first you don't succeed, then maybe you just SUCK." Kenny Powers
gunsnewing
USA
3/28/2005  10:42 AM
Posted by OasisBU:

that was my reaction when I found out he was only 6'8''

of course he looks bigger playing against college players. Othella Harrington played center in college.

I've seen the Elton Brand comparisons but I think he has a long way to go to be Elton Brand. He would first have to get in tremendous shape the way Brand has so he can keep up with quicker PFs. He's more of center right no, but at 6'8'' i dont think it'll be possible
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/28/2005  11:22 AM
Posted by gunsnewing:
Posted by OasisBU:

of course he looks bigger playing against college players. Othella Harrington played center in college.

I've seen the Elton Brand comparisons but I think he has a long way to go to be Elton Brand. He would first have to get in tremendous shape the way Brand has so he can keep up with quicker PFs. He's more of center right no, but at 6'8'' i dont think it'll be possible

Elton also slimmed down and got much quicker.
EnySpree

3/28/2005  11:26 AM
Sean May has a killer instinct. He has a desire to punish the opposition. He also plays with fire and desire.

I would not use the same words to describe Mike Sweetney. I dunno if Sweetney will everr develop a killer instinct. Even after the Nazr trade he didn't look at that as his time to shine. Either you do or you don't. He has the opportunity. The 4 spot is his for the taking.

This Draft is full of capable big men. I'm looking at the draft and saying if May is available when the Knicks pick.......they gotta take him and then look to move Sweets to get another pick or something. I picture May becoming a instant starter on the next level. With the depth the Knicks have at the 4 Sweetney is just as expendable as KT is.

gunsnewing
USA
3/28/2005  11:51 AM
Posted by Nalod:
Posted by gunsnewing:
Posted by OasisBU:

Elton also slimmed down and got much quicker.

yep..thats what I said didn't I? who's to say May will work as hard as Brand has to trim down?
gunsnewing
USA
3/28/2005  11:56 AM
Posted by EnySpree:

Sean May has a killer instinct. He has a desire to punish the opposition. He also plays with fire and desire.

I would not use the same words to describe Mike Sweetney. I dunno if Sweetney will everr develop a killer instinct. Even after the Nazr trade he didn't look at that as his time to shine. Either you do or you don't. He has the opportunity. The 4 spot is his for the taking.

This Draft is full of capable big men. I'm looking at the draft and saying if May is available when the Knicks pick.......they gotta take him and then look to move Sweets to get another pick or something. I picture May becoming a instant starter on the next level. With the depth the Knicks have at the 4 Sweetney is just as expendable as KT is.

I think Sweetney does have he fire desire a lot more than any PF on this team. He's the only one out of the 5 who goes and gets rebounds well Rose does too but he's limited at 6'4. Sweetney looked just like May does now when he was at georgetown if not better. Elton Brand was the dominant college player neither May or Sweetney are.
EnySpree

3/28/2005  12:23 PM
Posted by gunsnewing:

I think Sweetney does have he fire desire a lot more than any PF on this team. He's the only one out of the 5 who goes and gets rebounds well Rose does too but he's limited at 6'4. Sweetney looked just like May does now when he was at georgetown if not better. Elton Brand was the dominant college player neither May or Sweetney are.

Sweetney's numbers were great coming out of college. His senior seasons numbers were better than Okafor's numbers in college.
That doesn't really matter.

Elton Brand is good because he is a nasty player. He has a really bad mean streak and he has a will to punish the opposition. I think Sean May displays the same type of charecteristics. Sweets on the other hand doesn't have the same mean streak.....I know you like Sweets alot but I think you could agree to that. That nasty, punishing, killer instinct is what's preventing Sweets to become what he should. Will he ever get to that level?
EnySpree

3/28/2005  12:27 PM
By the way I love Sweets. He gets position that Shaq can't even get anymore. I just think with Sean May you might get a guy coming in that will contribute right away. Sweets has the opportunity now to take the 4 spot for the next 10 years......he hasn't shown that he can be a force every quarter let alone every night.
gunsnewing
USA
3/28/2005  12:35 PM
Posted by EnySpree:

By the way I love Sweets. He gets position that Shaq can't even get anymore. I just think with Sean May you might get a guy coming in that will contribute right away. Sweets has the opportunity now to take the 4 spot for the next 10 years......he hasn't shown that he can be a force every quarter let alone every night.

possibly but if we're drafting a PF I'd much rather draft the 6'10 260 Taft. Who can get buy as our Center because of his size.

Look we really have no place for a PF on this team especially with so many more impact players who play the positions we desperately need to improve our talent level in this draft.
nyk4ever
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #848
USA
3/28/2005  12:50 PM
Posted by EnySpree:

Agree fully. We all know Sweetney is passive, I think people really get too caught up on this height thing. If Sean May was 6'9 I think alot of the people that are saying they dont like, would like him better, it's only an inch. May is a great court leader, gets better position downlow then anyone and gets more offensive rebounds then anyone I've seen in awhile. Sweetney put up great numbers coming out of Georgetown, but he didnt do it like this...
"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
gunsnewing
USA
3/28/2005  1:05 PM
i see what you guys are saying but i still really don't want a 6'8 center unless he has the killer instinct and athletic ability of Ben Wallace.

unless this guy is going to be superstar, which he would then mostly likely be gone by the time we pick, I rather focus on a position we need to improve not PF.

Yeah you can get by playing Brand at Center because he has a meanstreak but imho you're not getting too far against shaq, duncan,yao,illgaukus that way. May will be severely overmatched...we'd have a better shot at beating those teams with good shooters because that will make the duncans of the world less effective on defense. Know what I'm saying??

[Edited by - gunsnewing on 03/28/2005 13:10:55]
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
3/28/2005  1:09 PM
May = Othella Harrington. Hardworking strong body that beats up on college players. He has some skills but he struggle to ever be more than a nice role player like Harrington. Good bench player.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
gunsnewing
USA
3/28/2005  1:27 PM
we could problably win a championship if we had May and one of the Wallaces or lambier, rodman, aguirre but May & Sweetney doesn't cut it.
If we have May then we also have Crawford as our starting shooting guard launching 3's and minimizing May's effect.

So I'd much rather draft the best player available at a position other than PF since we need to improve the talent level first before we improve PF depth. And take a chance on developing a raw big man with our 2nd pick. We'd be much closer to being a good team that way imo since we can get by at the very least with Sweetney as our PF and low post option as he's on the rise and still learning how to play in the NBA.
gunsnewing
USA
3/28/2005  1:38 PM
Posted by fishmike:

May = Othella Harrington. Hardworking strong body that beats up on college players. He has some skills but he struggle to ever be more than a nice role player like Harrington. Good bench player.

not even close. May is a lot more like Elton Brand then Othella Harrington. That is a fact! He still has no place on the Knicks unless we trade for Brand, then a May/Brand frontcourt would make up for the lack of height and do serious damage but then we wouldn't lose our 1st round pick hence losing the possibilty of drafting May. So its just not worth it.

Lets not draft a PF unless Cleveland would seriously trade Illgaukus which I doubt for Sweetney when they already have Gooden at PF.

Sean May UNC

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy