[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Crawford--56mm$mistake?
Author Thread
joec32033
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #583
USA
3/29/2005  8:45 AM
Um.....wow...the way this thread is going is a hell of a surprise. By no stretch is Crawford a bust in my eyes. A bust by definition is someone who grossly underperforms from their expectations. Crawford is no way a bust, IMO. I was really high on Craw at the start of the season (ask Silver whom I traded Antwan Jamison to for Craw, straight up!!). But what I expected from Craw was 17-20 points, 4-5 assists, and 2-3 rebounds. What were your expectations? The one thing that has been a dissappointment has been his shooting %, which was why I traded him later on, but that was also what was to be expected because that's how he was in ChiTown.. His defense was what we expected, which by the way reminds me a little of Larry Hughes because he gambles a bit for steals.

His basketball IQ is pretty low, also, but at 24 coming from the Bulls where he had NO mentor to look up to and to teach him, I would almost expect that too. I tell you what, I would definately consider trading Steph and moving Craw to the 1 a some point in the near future if we can get a solid backup point and a 2nd tier star 2 guard (Hughes or Maggette).

Craw was meant to be a complimentary piece and to be tutored. For some reason Lenny never got through to him. I have noticed a HUGE change in him under Herb, just his style of play. He is still making the same mistakes, but not as frequently.

If Craw manages to pack on 10-15 pounds and starts to play a Rip Hamilton type of game, he will be very hard to stop. If Craw is the type of guy that can't put on weight, I would put him at the one and move Steph...And I like Steph alot, but there are serious flaws in his game also and Steph will not change.Steph has been in the L 8 years, Craw has been here about 4...Steph has horrible body language,and this team is not built to his strengths.

[Edited by - joec32033 on 03/29/2005 08:47:09]
~You can't run from who you are.~
AUTOADVERT
Kwazimodal
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #728
3/29/2005  8:52 AM
I think we should hold on to him for at least one more season.Look at some of the huge contracts we have,guys who will never get any better.There is still a decent chance he will continue to mature,he has shown some improvements in his shot selection although he isnt there yet.

As far as his defense,he is getting benched by Herb when he doesnt play hard enough.Hopefully whoever is coach next season will do the same thing.

I read an article today about how former Knicks role players are fitting in with their new teams(not that I want them back)My concern would be that another team will show more patience with Crawford and they will reap the benefits,not us.

Its still too early to dump Crawford.Crawford has played for two coaches this season,and has played more of a starter's role than was expected of him at this stage.Lets see what Isiah does in the off-season,the draft,trades,coaching changes(if any)before possibly moving Jamal.
MS
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #724
3/29/2005  9:14 AM
Don't pick up McCants whatever you do he is Joe Forte in training exactly the type of player we don't need, hes up hes down, he is never there......waste of a pick
Crawford--56mm$mistake?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy