[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Crawford--56mm$mistake?
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
3/27/2005  10:45 PM
I don't know, but to me this has been atleast a fairly sizeable bust. One of the big reasons we lose is because of MR inconsistent softie who hasn't taken any critiscm. Marbury has been the teams rock.

Can someone get in his grill and tell him to move around on the O and look for medium range Js and dribble drives? It kind of scks to have spent 56 MILLION $ and go into the offseason needing to again needing a two guard.
Maybe Rashad McCants makes sense for us? Atleast he can shoot and play D and dribble drive. he weighs a solid 210 pounds, not Crawford who soaking wet maybe weighs 180, not a rip hamilton or reggie miller 180, im talking lightweight 180

Maybe we draft a McCants. I dont even know anymore:>( Ive been pittsnoggled by our dr bizzaro roster.
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
simrud
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #474
USA
3/27/2005  10:49 PM
Eh, he was pretty good early on before he got hurt.

Lets see what a real coach will do with him next year.

He was meant to be a 6th man anyways, so I don't understand why people are suprised he is not fit to be a starter. As a matter of fact I think this year is a great learning experience for him, next year once/if we get a legit 6 6 200+ SG he will go the bench having played all those minutes, and that will solve our backup PG problem.

Maybe in a year or two he will be a real solid starter. Who knows, lets wate a little.
A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
3/27/2005  10:53 PM
If Isiah can't acquire an impact C or PF over the course of this off season, I think trading for Marbury was a much bigger mistake because he cost more assets, and he takes up much more of the cap.
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
3/27/2005  10:59 PM
saying that crawford was acquired to be a sixth man is Isiah's really lame excuse for this horrendous season. you dont spend $56mil on a bench player. Its obvious he wasn't banking on H20 playing 82games. This whole thing blew up in his face. Luckily he's not afraid to correct his mistakes and has a very good eye for talent and picks to work with!

[Edited by - gunsnewing on 03/27/2005 23:06:17]
simrud
Member: #474
USA
3/27/2005  11:03 PM
If IT really expected Craw to be ready to start and star this year, he is even a bigger moron then I thought he was.
A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
gunsnewing
USA
3/27/2005  11:05 PM
I love McCants! he's got a sick crossover. and he's a great leaper and very strong. I think he's very comparable to wade, not as good a defender or passer but not to far behind. Problably is a better shooter too. I still like Gerald Green the most though since he's the kinda kid that would be a top college player if he went to college and would be a top 5 pick for sure.
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
3/27/2005  11:09 PM
Crawford has shown flashes of being a really special player- he just needs to put it altogether.

I think this year has been tough with the injuries, loosing and coaching changes.

I'm going to reserve judgement on Crawford for 1-2 years more.
gunsnewing
USA
3/27/2005  11:11 PM
Posted by simrud:

If IT really expected Craw to be ready to start and star this year, he is even a bigger moron then I thought he was.

well we all thought that because we never expected H20 to last for very long. None off us expected jamal's shooting and defense and decision making to be this bad. We were kinda hoping for 17pts, 5rebs and 5assists for him while at least shooting around 42% and taking and missing a lot fewer 3's. instead his numbers aren't even close. Oh and we expected to become a better running team and that didn't happen either, but that was more Lenny's fault. They're running more under Herb.
gunsnewing
USA
3/27/2005  11:13 PM
Posted by franco12:

Crawford has shown flashes of being a really special player- he just needs to put it altogether.

I think this year has been tough with the injuries, loosing and coaching changes.

I'm going to reserve judgement on Crawford for 1-2 years more.

he'll neverbe a good perimeter defender though. every good team has one in their starting lineup. We dont have one on our roster
tkf
Member: #87
3/27/2005  11:15 PM
I have no problem with crawford, he has things to work on true, but he also averaged 17ppg, not bad in my book, he still has to get a better understanding of the game, but looking at his improvement from the beginning of the year until now, I think he will get there.. Hardly a 56m mistake....
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
3/27/2005  11:48 PM
Crawford signed for $1 million more than the MLE per year. He was not overpriced, he's probably one of the few players we have with a fair contract.

If we're suddenly criticizing Knicks players for their defense, please start with Tim Thomas and Stephon Marbury.

This whole team is weak on D. Getting a stopper at the two isn't going to help our lack of interior defense or shotblocking.
¿ △ ?
Bobby
Member: #408
USA
3/28/2005  12:14 AM
crawford was going to be a work project when zeke made that deal anyway but some clowns were saying houston could not show jc anything. if you dont want to build with vets get use to developing players with less than 5 years of nba experience. if you feel 2-3 years of development is not enough....stay away from the draft
"Like they always say, New York is the Mecca of basketball,"I read that in Michael Jordan books my whole life and I played here in the Big East tournament, so it's always fun to play in the Mecca of basketball."---Rip Hamilton
gunsnewing
USA
3/28/2005  12:36 AM
Posted by crzymdups:

Crawford signed for $1 million more than the MLE per year. He was not overpriced, he's probably one of the few players we have with a fair contract.

If we're suddenly criticizing Knicks players for their defense, please start with Tim Thomas and Stephon Marbury.

This whole team is weak on D. Getting a stopper at the two isn't going to help our lack of interior defense or shotblocking.

actually he'll be making as much as $10mil per year. that is a lot of money for any player when you can consider Ray Allen will problably get around 13 and he's a star.

neither is a 7ft foot stiff. why take a guy who has no business being a lottery pick over a star SG which we desperately need. If we had the #1 pick then I would be thinking squarely about the Center Position.
I'm gonna have to wait til draft camp starts before I consider taking a Petro with the 7th or 8th pick in the draft over Green or McCants

[Edited by - gunsnewing on 03/28/2005 00:40:46]
crzymdups
USA
3/28/2005  12:47 AM
Posted by gunsnewing:
Posted by crzymdups:

actually he'll be making as much as $10mil per year. that is a lot of money for any player when you can consider Ray Allen will problably get around 13 and he's a star

Dude, I'm sorry, that's retarded. To take the highest single year in the contract and act like that is his average salary is just ridiculous. He makes $10 million in the ONLY final year of his contract, the 2010-2011 season. That season is an option year for Jamal anyway. You take off that season and his contract is 6yrs, $46 million which makes it $6 million more than the full MLE, or the same contract Quentin Richardson signed. So, his contract is on average, until the option year exactly $1 million more per year than the MLE.

To say Crawford is not a star is also a little silly. He's 25 and has passing skills that have made us all at times ecstatic and exasperated. But you find any NBA fan that didn't see his pass off the backboard to himself and dunk on the Celtics this week. The kid is going to be a star very soon.

Is all this because the Knicks have lost two in a row? I remember people singing Craw's praises not two games ago.
¿ △ ?
gunsnewing
USA
3/28/2005  12:52 AM
Posted by crzymdups:
Posted by gunsnewing:
Posted by crzymdups:

actually he'll be making as much as $10mil per year. that is a lot of money for any player when you can consider Ray Allen will problably get around 13 and he's a star

Dude, I'm sorry, that's retarded. To take the highest single year in the contract and act like that is his average salary is just ridiculous. He makes $10 million in the ONLY final year of his contract, the 2010-2011 season. That season is an option year for Jamal anyway. You take off that season and his contract is 6yrs, $46 million which makes it $6 million more than the full MLE, or the same contract Quentin Richardson signed. So, his contract is on average, until the option year exactly $1 million more per year than the MLE.

To say Crawford is not a star is also a little silly. He's 25 and has passing skills that have made us all at times ecstatic and exasperated. But you find any NBA fan that didn't see his pass off the backboard to himself and dunk on the Celtics this week. The kid is going to be a star very soon.

Is all this because the Knicks have lost two in a row? I remember people singing Craw's praises not two games ago.

thats true i shouldn't makeas big a deal about 10mil for 1 yr but I still think we could've found a better for a lot less. Bench players should never get 56mm contracts. especially unproven ones because then you're stuck with them because their contracts are too long. like we are stuck now with Jamal

[Edited by - gunsnewing on 03/28/2005 00:56:23]
tkf
Member: #87
3/28/2005  1:02 AM
Posted by crzymdups:
Posted by gunsnewing:
Posted by crzymdups:

exactly I agree 100% and it is funny how Ray allen has now become a star? I mean when did that happen? if Ray allen is a star, then what is Kobe? Garnett? Wade? huh? People throw that star Tag around too much, ray allen is not a star... please....
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
crzymdups
USA
3/28/2005  1:03 AM
well, I think Zeke's original plan was to bring Jamal along slowly as Allan EASED into retirement. Unfortunately, , since Allan fricking plummeted into retirement, Jamal was forced to start on what was supposed to be a playoff team. I think he did a good job.

Depending on who we get in the draft, it might make sense to bring Jamal off the bench eventually, but I really have to reiterate that I think putting Marbs and Jamal together is a great idea. I don't think it's a coincidence that Marbury is having one of the best seasons of his life. Marbs needs to play with a combo guard, because he is essentially a scoring point guard. Having another play-maker on the floor makes it possible for the two of them to cause havok.

Remember when teams used to double team Marbury at half-court to take us out of our offense (Nets playoffs series, Rockets regular season)? How many times has it happened this year? I can remember one game when someone tried it, but Marbs passed to Jamal and Jamal drove to the hole and that was the last time we saw it. I just think Jamal helps Marbs' game tremendously.
¿ △ ?
gunsnewing
USA
3/28/2005  1:10 AM
Posted by crzymdups:

well, I think Zeke's original plan was to bring Jamal along slowly as Allan EASED into retirement. Unfortunately, , since Allan fricking plummeted into retirement, Jamal was forced to start on what was supposed to be a playoff team. I think he did a good job.

Depending on who we get in the draft, it might make sense to bring Jamal off the bench eventually, but I really have to reiterate that I think putting Marbs and Jamal together is a great idea. I don't think it's a coincidence that Marbury is having one of the best seasons of his life. Marbs needs to play with a combo guard, because he is essentially a scoring point guard. Having another play-maker on the floor makes it possible for the two of them to cause havok.

Remember when teams used to double team Marbury at half-court to take us out of our offense (Nets playoffs series, Rockets regular season)? How many times has it happened this year? I can remember one game when someone tried it, but Marbs passed to Jamal and Jamal drove to the hole and that was the last time we saw it. I just think Jamal helps Marbs' game tremendously.

so tremendously that we are 10 games under .500. Sorry im being so harsh but its the truth. I like the idea of having an other star to take the pressure of Marbury but Crawford isnt one.

and for tkf...yes Ray Allen is a star or at least a lot closer to being one than JC.
Rich
Member: #511
USA
3/28/2005  2:13 AM
http://newyorkpost.com/sports/knicks/43304.htm
nyballer
Member: #108
USA
3/28/2005  3:31 AM
Posted by tkf:
Posted by crzymdups:
Posted by gunsnewing:
Posted by crzymdups:

exactly I agree 100% and it is funny how Ray allen has now become a star? I mean when did that happen? if Ray allen is a star, then what is Kobe? Garnett? Wade? huh? People throw that star Tag around too much, ray allen is not a star... please....
Ray allen became a star when the Sonics became the 4th best team in the league, just how Nash became a star when the suns started playing well. thats partly why nobody considers marbury a star...its all on how well you lead your team. granted ray has been on the sonics through tough years and isnt the only guy stepping it up (rashard), but he is the best player and the leader of that club, so when they become an elite team, he becomes a star. Kobes a great player, but the lakers are looking a lot like the knicks of january.
"easy like sunday morning..." - walt clyde
Crawford--56mm$mistake?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy