[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

crawford off-season trade
Author Thread
nyballer
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #108
USA
3/27/2005  8:36 PM
I'm watching the Lakers Philly game, and seeing as how both LA and NY are struggling, I was thinking about a Crawford-Butler/George deal. Crawford is a better scorer but I like butler more because he plays much better defense and is much more under control. I also think he'd be a great third option on this team. hes putting up 14 points per game in LA and thats with Kobe - a backcourt of marbury and butler would be pretty solid. then if we can draft a guy like hakim warrick, we'd have a good young 1-3 core of marbury butler and warrick, and the latter two are good defenders. Malik is also a very good defender and then our only remaining gap would be at the 5. maybe we could swing a deal for maagloire? thoughts on the original deal?
"easy like sunday morning..." - walt clyde
AUTOADVERT
codeunknown
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #704
3/27/2005  9:16 PM
Butler's decent. I'd rather do a sign and trade for Joe Johnson. Maybe they'd like Crawford as insurance for Nash. Maybe Crawford for Johnson straight up. Or threeway:

- Knicks trade KT and Craw. Knicks get Joe Johnson, Howard Eisley and Laker's 2006 1st Rounder.

- Suns trade Joe Johnson and Howard Eisley. Suns get Jamal Crawford and Devean George.

- Lakers trade Devean George and 2006 1st Round pick. Lakers get Kurt Thomas.
Sh-t in the popcorn to go with sh-t on the court. Its a theme show like Medieval times.
nyballer
USA
3/27/2005  11:06 PM
Posted by codeunknown:

Butler's decent. I'd rather do a sign and trade for Joe Johnson. Maybe they'd like Crawford as insurance for Nash. Maybe Crawford for Johnson straight up. Or threeway:

- Knicks trade KT and Craw. Knicks get Joe Johnson, Howard Eisley and Laker's 2006 1st Rounder.

- Suns trade Joe Johnson and Howard Eisley. Suns get Jamal Crawford and Devean George.

- Lakers trade Devean George and 2006 1st Round pick. Lakers get Kurt Thomas.
the thing is, butler plays excellent defense, whereas joe johnson is somewhat subpar defensively. I'm getting tired of having a soft team that doesn't play any D...we dont have the offensive firepower of the suns but we can be a good team if we play good defense consistently.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
3/28/2005  12:25 AM
Does Butler really excel on defense? I haven't watched him often, but I've heard people criticize more often than praise his defense.
codeunknown
3/28/2005  1:32 AM
Posted by Bonn1997:

Does Butler really excel on defense? I haven't watched him often, but I've heard people criticize more often than praise his defense.

Yeah, actually Johnson is better than Butler on defense from what Ive seen. They are even in terms of post defense - Johnson is a superior perimeter defender.
Sh-t in the popcorn to go with sh-t on the court. Its a theme show like Medieval times.
nyballer
USA
3/28/2005  2:41 AM
Posted by codeunknown:
Posted by Bonn1997:

Yeah, actually Johnson is better than Butler on defense from what Ive seen. They are even in terms of post defense - Johnson is a superior perimeter defender.
i definitely think butler is better both as a post defender and perimeter. butler has great footwork and is stronger than johnson, he was one of the better defenders in the league for miami, but i havent seen much of him in LA this year
diderotn
Member: #650
USA
3/28/2005  10:28 AM
Butler and Medvedenko should be the target...I originally wanted Odom, but we already have too many freaking PFs...
The true Knickabocker..........
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
3/28/2005  11:20 AM
Posted by diderotn:

Butler and Medvedenko should be the target...I originally wanted Odom, but we already have too many freaking PFs...

you're kidding me right? because we have 5 PF's who are role players on just about any team, you no longer want to target a guy like Odom? this guy can play the SF or the C position if need be...if there's ANY chance that the knicks could steal him away from the Lakers, they should do it.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
codeunknown
3/28/2005  2:44 PM
Posted by nyballer:

[quote]Posted by codeunknown:

i definitely think butler is better both as a post defender and perimeter. butler has great footwork and is stronger than johnson, he was one of the better defenders in the league for miami, but i havent seen much of him in LA this year

Joe defends the opponent's best perimeter player consistently. I'm not sure how much you've seen of him but he's hard to shake off the dribble. On the other hand, Kobe draws the main assignment every night. Butler's an average defender, he's not bad. He lapses on occasion. None of them is a liability.
crawford off-season trade

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy