25 Louis Williams G HS 6-2 175
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
3/27/2005  6:57 PM
Splitter #19! jeez. He's going to be a good player. not the player we need since he's more of a sf/pf but he'll definitely be a lottery pick. He's projected to go in the top 5 in every draft!

any particular reason why you like Antoine Wright over Rashed McCants? or just because he's 3 inches taller? IMO McCants has a lot more star potential.

And I think Taft & Green will higher and there's no way Deron & Warrick get picked that high!

And where the heck is Jarret Jack, Villanueva & Garcia!

kudos for the effort though...

[Edited by - gunsnewing on 03/27/2005 19:34:59]
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
3/27/2005  7:21 PM
Briggs I thought you didnt like Deron. Last time he was discussed you called him a "fat kid." Why the change?

Also you think Gay and Morrison are coming out? I think we'd have to look at Morrison.
nyballer
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #108
USA
3/27/2005  8:31 PM
Morrison is quite talented but not exactly the athletic player IT says he wants. then again hes got a lot of size and he is very smart and has great fundamentals.
"easy like sunday morning..." - walt clyde
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
3/27/2005  8:38 PM
What about Francisco Garcia?
PURE KNICKS LOVE
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
3/27/2005  8:44 PM
Posted by VDesai:

Briggs I thought you didnt like Deron. Last time he was discussed you called him a "fat kid." Why the change?

Also you think Gay and Morrison are coming out? I think we'd have to look at Morrison.

I took 7 different mock drafts, foreign domestic from a variety of sources on the web+ my own and this is how I graded it out. There is always going to be different opinions, but this, I believe will be somewhat close to the real deal.
RIP Crushalot😞
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
3/27/2005  8:51 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:

I took 7 different mock drafts, foreign domestic from a variety of sources on the web+ my own and this is how I graded it out. There is always going to be different opinions, but this, I believe will be somewhat close to the real deal.

you TOOK 7 mock drafts? man, you briggs, are poster of the decade!!!
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
3/27/2005  8:52 PM
also, if this held to from, we would have our choice of Cs other than Bogut. It would be nice to see if someone like McCants would slip down to the lower end of the draft because of character questions, but it will never happen.

Id like to see Toronto blow by us in the standings so atleast we had #8. if you look at who is drafting, you could make a case where PGs could go early and often, moving Felton up and NO and Charlotte need SFs. It would be nice to atleast have a selection of players.
RIP Crushalot😞
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
3/27/2005  9:19 PM
You really think 6 of the first 7 picks will be guards or forwards? No one wants big men anymore?
nyk4ever
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #848
USA
3/27/2005  9:19 PM
I agree with most of it. No way Deron Williams goes 4, he'll be lucky to break the top10. Joey Graham is going to be a Top10 pick and Francisco Garcia has to be considered in the Top 20. Rudy Gay has already said he's not declaring for the draft this year so we have to forget about him, but he would be a Top5 pick for certain. I also think you rated Warrick a *little* too high, I'm thinking more around pick 10-12 for him, I'd switch him and Gerald Greene on your list. Overall pretty decent list. I sure hope Taft declares, if he fell to the Knicks pick man that would be nice.
"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

3/28/2005  2:12 AM
I think you guys can agree that this draft is so unpredictable....

There are tons of NBA ready talent in CBB this season. If teams continue to take chances on the Euro's the Knicks can very well pick two impact players in this draft.

I really have no clue who to pick because of how things are playing out. No matter where the Knicks are picking there will be a few big names still on the board.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Caseloads
Member: #41
3/28/2005  11:12 AM
you forgot all the euros and at least 3 hs players in the top 20 - remember - the draft is based on potential
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

3/28/2005  11:45 AM
Posted by Caseloads:

you forgot all the euros and at least 3 hs players in the top 20 - remember - the draft is based on potential

The draft has the potential to go down as one of the best in history. Well at least that's how it feels.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Caseloads
3/28/2005  2:56 PM
Posted by EnySpree:
Posted by Caseloads:

The draft has the potential to go down as one of the best in history. Well at least that's how it feels.
no way man. that feeling you have is indigestion...

what about the draft with lebron, melo, wade - all stars/superstars/all-stars?

who is a potential all-star lock in this draft?

marvin williams? i'm not sold on the kid - he really has not been THAT spectacular - at least not melo at syracuse level or anything - he reminds me of tim thomas.

bogut? he's really lanky. yeah, i think he's awesome - for a college player, but he's going to be reluctant to play center and will not be better than any GS big man in my opinion - think not jacked troy murphy.

chris paul? guy is small 5-10 with sneakers, 175 pounds. sure he has good skills, but you do need size in the NBA at the PG spot. for all the j-kidd comparisons, j kidd is 6-4

M. Andriuskevicius? i havent really seen this guy, but i'm just not sold on any foreign centers - honestly, the center spot in the NBA after Shaq is just pathetic now. Look at Yao Ming. The guy should be flat out dominant - the guy got embarrassed by Sean Marks of the Spurs. And he got played by Rasho (in stephen a. smith voice)

Tiago Splitter - not sure about this kid - havent seen him play, but he's compared to Pau Gasol - who has been nice, and has done good, but not really leading the Grizz anywhere (i know, he's been injured this year)

Fran Vazquez? Please - dude has Fred Weis written all over his dome
http://www.nbadraft.net/profiles/franciscovasquez.asp

Chris Taft has a great body - but reminds me too much of a wilcox clone, who hasnt been that stellar in the NBA

Deron Williams reminds me of plenty of super solid college points that turn into average NBA players, a la Howard Eisley, Charlie Ward, etc

Aleksandrov - this kid has been hyped for years - would be interesting to see him in the NBA, but i'm sure he's super raw - kid was born in 87! http://www.nbadraft.net/profiles/nemanjaaleksandrov.asp

Green - supposedly he's a McGrady clone - we'll get to see him in all the HS All-star games this April - where he should dominate - he looks like Juvinile - i'm all for Thomas grabbing this guy and letting him develop here. We need a superstar SG in the wings - if Marbs or Craw ever go down or get traded. But this guy is rail thin. Lets see what Mark Agguire can do with Sweets and Butler (hopefully something)

http://www.nbadraft.net/profiles/geraldgreen.asp

Rashad McCants is 6'3" - super small for the NBA as a SG, doesnt have PG skills and reminds me exactly of Joe Forte from UNC - i think McCants is going to be playing in Europe in a few years. He's not the next Wade.

Felton - another "small" PG at 6'0" with sneakers on. How many NBA teams need another average for the NBA PG? Maybe 5 or 6 teams with aging vets at PG or teams currently running with a small PG that just finished college who is average for the NBA.

Danny Granger reminds me of Marcus Fizer - who is currently on the Bucks i think. Granger is probably most "NBA ready" which is not saying much for this draft class.

Joey Graham / Antoine Wright / Kennedy Winston - if these guys make any impact next year, or ever, let me know...

Monta Ellis - supposedly this year's HS Dejuan Wagner - 6'2" SG - What ever happenned to Dejuan? When we gonna realize there are only a few small guys that ever make it in the NBA and they had to take the hard road to get there? Boykins and Iverson. Who else is small and has crazy skills in the NBA? Exactly.

Wayne Simien - very good COLLEGE PF - when he comes to the NBA and realizes that SGs are as tall as he is, a lot of his gig will be up. Could be this year's Carlos Boozer skillwise, which translates to an average starting NBA PF

Johan Petro - wild card in the draft. reminds me of Dalembert. supposedly poor work ethic. still a project, but 2nd to green on my knicks draft day wish list. will go high due to potential (probably top 14)

Charlie Villanueva - something seems off with this guy. He had the height, size and talent to dominate college ball. Would be great staying in college. Something about him is screaming Eddie "the player we all forgot about" on the Twolves

Hakim Warrick - does anyone think he's better than Ariza at this point? I think Ariza has developed nicely for a second rounder... does anyone actually think Warrick will play PF in the pros? Which NBA SFs is Warrick going to get PT over?

Ike Diogu - just what we all need, another 6-8 PF

CJ Miles - HS player SG - no where near either of the HS Smith SGs that came out last year

Rudy Fernandez - good prospect at SG, 19, but would not thrive playing with Marbs - imagine the beatdown Marbs would dish out to Rudy if Rudy ever made a mistake

Jarrett Jack - professional NBA journeyman written all over him - has heart though

Francisco Garcia - SG - good NBA heart and height, but seemingly 2nd round talent - seems like a hot head, light weight at 6-7 190 pounds

Salim Stoudamire 6'0" SG Arizona - can he play point? He can stroke it - reminds me of Starks with his hot and cold streaks.

Channing Frye - someone is gonna take this kid in the middle of the 1st round - 6'11", got good length and game - he knows something about defense. I'd like the Knicks to consider him strongly. Reminds me of Marcus Camby with some more toughness.

Ryan Gomes - 6'7" Scottie Pippen-almost type of player - would be solid on a team that needed a good SF role player

Ronny Turiaf - decent career backup PF prospect- will probably be playing in Europe soon

Louis Williams - another undersized HS SG at 6'2"

Vladimir Veremeenko - the league is saturated with foreigners sitting on the bench

Nate Robinson - will get drafted - has game. 5'8"/5'9" with sneakers - will probably go to a west coast run and gun team

Julius Hodge - could see him drafted by IT - he has fire and talent and Harlem on his side.
http://www.nbadraft.net/profiles/juliushodge.asp

I think almost all the good players from this years draft are already in the NBA - the european prospects are going to go in the first round and the NBA teams will leave them in Europe for a few years and bring them over when they are ready to do something, a la AK47.

I think our top targets should be:

Green - SG - future star quality/potential (5+ years away)

Frye - Center (defense and could probably start at Center now for Knicks - would probably be a better Pro than Bogut)

Petro - Center (skills that are rare in a 7fter, reminds me of Dalembert)

Hodge - tough, no-nonsense SG, good size, game

Bogut - rep as a tough player (easy to be tough against smaller players, but still signs have been good so far) - but pretty much disappeared in the last two tourney games - bad sign

Elite
Alba Posts: 23
Member: #510

3/28/2005  2:59 PM
its not whos the best player its who is picking where and wat that team is looking for
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
3/28/2005  3:04 PM
Frye is gonna be a better pro than Bogut? The Illinois game was the first that I can remember watching where Frye actually dominated the game. Every game Bogut played this year, he was the focus of the entire game...the whole thing revolved around him.

Danny Granger is Marcus Fizer and Ryan Gomes is Scotty Pippen? I think you have this reversed if anything. Granger is much more athletic, mobile and has a very nice perimeter game. He's also a strong defender. Gomes is more like Fizer in that he's a tweener SF/PF and doesn't really have a position out there.

Other than that I agree that is not a superstar trype draft like Lebron, Carmelo, Wade, Bosh etc. I do however believe that Bogut is a franchise caliber C which is rare in any draft. The rest of the draft is reasonably weak especially if the prized underclassmen don't declare. But the Wild card is the abundance of 6'10+ talented Euros who will really make or break the draft.
Caseloads
3/28/2005  3:08 PM
I forgot to say that Garcia would be good at SG for the Knicks too, but as a second rounder...
gunsnewing
USA
3/28/2005  3:13 PM
Rashad McCants is 6'3" - super small for the NBA as a SG, doesnt have PG skills and reminds me exactly of Joe Forte from UNC - i think McCants is going to be playing in Europe in a few years. He's not the next Wade.

thats just completely off. He's nothing like joe forte who was a tweener jumpshooter who game didn't translate well at all in the NBA.

He has Wade's body and athletic ability not Forte's!
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
3/28/2005  3:13 PM
If Taft is available at 9, or wherever the Knicks pick we have to take him. Plain and simple.
¿ △ ?
gunsnewing
USA
3/28/2005  3:18 PM
Posted by VDesai:

But the Wild card is the abundance of 6'10+ talented Euros who will really make or break the draft.

I disagree. I don't think there are any impact foreigners like a Dirk, Gasol, Peja, Yao, Nene, ginobili this year. But I would love to draft one and let him develope after we draft a sure thing with our lottery pick. Scouting reports this year on foreigners are just not as overwhelming as previous years.
Top 20 picks from what I know and what I can assimilate

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy