[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Im more sold on petro everytime I think about it
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
3/27/2005  11:17 AM
he may not be a great skill player right now[although he looks like he has some nice skills] but you just cannot find athletic 7 footers, there just not there. I dont care if he needs to be brought along slowly, it's worth the risk at where we pick. I wouldnt mind if we did a similar trade like Memphis and Boston did where we trade our 9 and 29 for a 14 and 22--something of that ilk.

if we can get Williams and Petro, for instance, we will have increased team athletiscm up the middle ten fold
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
crzymdups
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #671
USA
3/27/2005  11:36 AM
Do you mean Petro and Eric Williams? That would be nice. It's going to be a very interesting draft. I hope Zeke gets some young talent rather than trade young guys to get an old "all-star."

EDIT: I still like Channing Frye. He's 6'11" 248 and has 24 pts on 11-14 shooting,12 rebs and 6 BLOCKS yesterday. I know he lost, but the kid has potential to be a Tyson Chandler type.

[Edited by - crzymdups on 03/27/2005 11:38:11]
¿ △ ?
crzymdups
USA
3/27/2005  11:42 AM
Here's Channing:

[IMG_block] http://www.draftcity.com/gallery/ChanningFrye/1111902582.jpg [/IMG_block]
¿ △ ?
crzymdups
USA
3/27/2005  11:44 AM
Also, as far as grabbing some size in the draft, it might be good to try to trade up to the early second round to grab Andray Blatche. If he could be taught some post moves, he could be a fantastic player. He's certainly skilled.
¿ △ ?
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
3/27/2005  1:01 PM
Posted by crzymdups:

Also, as far as grabbing some size in the draft, it might be good to try to trade up to the early second round to grab Andray Blatche. If he could be taught some post moves, he could be a fantastic player. He's certainly skilled.

Channing has certainly put $$$$ in his pocket over the last ten games of the season. He played his way into middle of round 1.

id like to see us move up in the draft to take the 7-3 Russian kid, even if we have to sit on him, then if not,I would take Petro with our pick. Channing is still a little soft for me
RIP Crushalot😞
edsonline
Member: #735
3/27/2005  1:57 PM
I'm with BRIGGS. I would LOVE to get Petro. I would take him as is, but you also have to remember that he might become much better once Aguirre gets a hold of him. Plus, we could trade down to take Petro. Our two picks for Orlando's two? Our lotto pick, Tim, and Trevor to Indy for Artest, Bender, and their pick? Athletic 7 foot 260 lbs. center that has some skill and a HUGE upside? And we can move down to get him? NICE!!!
JUNKMEIN
Member: #797
3/27/2005  2:10 PM
Eds, please please,please put the thought of trading Sweetney and/or Ariza out of your mind. It's like selling your new carburetor to get a new radiator...it makes no sense. Briggs, you are correct and i'm 100% with you. Petro at Center....if we can get him.
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
3/27/2005  2:26 PM
we can easily trade Kurt for a mid 1st rounder and draft Petro since he's too raw or not good enough to go in the lottery. But we have to take a potential star player like Gerald Green with our 1st pick which will likely be in the 7-12 range. We need another star player in the worst way! TT( Mr. epitamy of inconsistency) & Crawford aren't going to cut it.

[Edited by - gunsnewing on 03/27/2005 14:53:11]
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
3/27/2005  2:30 PM
Posted by gunsnewing:

we can easily trade Kurt for a mid 1st rounder and draft Petro since he's too raw or not good enough to go in the lottery.

Guns I wouldn't be so sure. Between now and the draft you know the scouts and pundits are going to get all over certain players' jocks. Petro could easily be among them.
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
3/27/2005  2:32 PM
Briggs, you know what would make me feel better about this draft? If you could come up with a list of 13 players that you're sold on. How many can you put on that list at the current time?
gunsnewing
USA
3/27/2005  2:56 PM
Posted by Marv:
Posted by gunsnewing:

we can easily trade Kurt for a mid 1st rounder and draft Petro since he's too raw or not good enough to go in the lottery.

Guns I wouldn't be so sure. Between now and the draft you know the scouts and pundits are going to get all over certain players' jocks. Petro could easily be among them.

hopefully, but im not going to get my hopes up for nothing. I'm just gonna go with the picks I feel are safe picks right now. If Petro, Andreezy, vazquez, splitter impress Zeke then I will be thrilled that one of them is a Knickerbocker!
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
3/27/2005  5:02 PM
Channing played HUGE yesterday in an incredibly important game. He vaulted himself about 10-15 spots in the draft based on yesterday's game. That was definitely the best I've seen him play, and I didn't think he had it in him.

Even if we hurt our chances at getting a getting a top 10 pick we will have a very nice shot at Petro/Frye...
crzymdups
USA
3/27/2005  5:35 PM
yeah, its impossible to say where guys like Petro and Frye and even Blatche will go until the workouts in Chicago where guys are measured, do the strength tests and play against each other.

as of right now, I'd rate the guys who will be available at the 9th/10th pick like this:

1) Warrick
2) Petro
3) Shelden Williams
4) Channing Frye
5) Charlie Villanueva
6) Eric Williams

I think Greene and Taft will go top five, as will the 7'3" Russian center. I think Vasquez and Splitter will be gone by the 9th pick as well. I think even one or more of the guys on my list will work their way into the lotto above our range. But if we come out of the first round with one of those guys I'd be happy. If we could swing a trade for a 15-21 pick or just flat out buy one and get TWO of those guys, I'd be ecstatic. If a guy like Greene enters the draft and slips to us, you have to think about him too, but again, I think he goes top five based on the success of high school swing men in the league.
¿ △ ?
gunsnewing
USA
3/27/2005  5:39 PM
what about Taft & McCants? i personally like them better if Green is gone. would love petro if we can somwhow trade kurt for a 15-20 pick
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
3/27/2005  9:15 PM
I'm for Petro and Frye. I think that can be a big front court for the KNicks. I'm also for picking up Kwame "overrated" Brown just so he atleast gets a look in a new environment. I think he can change his way. Sweetney and Ariza are here to stay. There is no reason why next years lineup can't look like this:

Ariza sf
Sweetney pf
Brown c
Crawford sg
Marbury g
gunsnewing
USA
3/27/2005  10:53 PM
so you're satisfied having no perimeter defense whatsoever? we haven't had any since starks, spree & childs. coincidently thats when we used to win games. Yes we need a center in the worst way but I rather have a superstar Wade-like SG then a non lottery pick Center. difference making centers are taken with the 1st or 2nd pick not the 15th or 20th. with that said i wouldn't mind taking Petro with a 15-20th pick. Not with our lottery pick where we must find a star player like a mcgrady, amare, wade, dirk, pierce, artest
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
3/27/2005  11:27 PM
Posted by crzymdups:

yeah, its impossible to say where guys like Petro and Frye and even Blatche will go until the workouts in Chicago where guys are measured, do the strength tests and play against each other.

as of right now, I'd rate the guys who will be available at the 9th/10th pick like this:

1) Warrick
2) Petro
3) Shelden Williams
4) Channing Frye
5) Charlie Villanueva
6) Eric Williams

I think Greene and Taft will go top five, as will the 7'3" Russian center. I think Vasquez and Splitter will be gone by the 9th pick as well. I think even one or more of the guys on my list will work their way into the lotto above our range. But if we come out of the first round with one of those guys I'd be happy. If we could swing a trade for a 15-21 pick or just flat out buy one and get TWO of those guys, I'd be ecstatic. If a guy like Greene enters the draft and slips to us, you have to think about him too, but again, I think he goes top five based on the success of high school swing men in the league.

if we take shelden williams with our lottery pick, I will go crazy, probably go on a rampage, he is a good defender and shotblocker but has one of the ugliest offensive games I have ever seen, really, he has no business being picked before #20, plus he is 6'9 don't we have enough of those kind of guys around?
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
gunsnewing
USA
3/27/2005  11:36 PM
Posted by tkf:
Posted by crzymdups:

1) Warrick
2) Petro
3) Shelden Williams
4) Channing Frye
5) Charlie Villanueva
6) Eric Williams

if we take shelden williams with our lottery pick, I will go crazy, probably go on a rampage, he is a good defender and shotblocker but has one of the ugliest offensive games I have ever seen, really, he has no business being picked before #20, plus he is 6'9 don't we have enough of those kind of guys around?

yeah nyk4ever feels the same way and I agree. He won't before 20
nyk4ever
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #848
USA
3/27/2005  11:38 PM
Posted by tkf:
Posted by crzymdups:

1) Warrick
2) Petro
3) Shelden Williams
4) Channing Frye
5) Charlie Villanueva
6) Eric Williams

Thankyou TKF, I've been saying this about Shelden FOREVER. This guy has no business of even sniffing the lottery. I think the guy is a pretty good defensive player but he doesn't have the athleticism that you need to have at 6'9 to be the shotblocker in the NBA like he does in college. I see Sheldens defensive game being VERY similiar to Kurt Thomas's in the NBA and his offensive game isn't nearly as good. I'd take him nowhere before pick 25.
"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
crzymdups
USA
3/27/2005  11:51 PM
Posted by nyk4ever:

Thankyou TKF, I've been saying this about Shelden FOREVER. This guy has no business of even sniffing the lottery. I think the guy is a pretty good defensive player but he doesn't have the athleticism that you need to have at 6'9 to be the shotblocker in the NBA like he does in college. I see Sheldens defensive game being VERY similiar to Kurt Thomas's in the NBA and his offensive game isn't nearly as good. I'd take him nowhere before pick 25.

Shelden can jump. Kurt can't. Guess who is a better shot blocker and rebounder?
¿ △ ?
Im more sold on petro everytime I think about it

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy