and there's the END of the 04/05 season
Author Thread
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
3/28/2005  12:40 PM
Posted by TMS:

you still didn't answer my question as to why you differentiate Iverson over KG & Kobe this year when his team is actually in the playoff hunt & those 2 guys are falling out of it on theirs
You keep changing the question. Your initial question was why do I think Iverson doesn't make his teammates better. I responded by saying that no one has been able to list players that Iverson has made better and defend the choices they listed after I comment on them. As I predicted, you have listed players who you think Iverson makes better but have not defended those choices after I commented on them. Without anyone defending the choices of players they list whom Iverson improves, I'll maintain my view that a PG taking 30 shots a game doesn't elevate the play of his teammates--there just aren't enough possessions per game for the PG to get his 30 shots and also elevate his teammates. If you can respond convincingly to the comments I had about the players you listed previously, then maybe I'd change my mind.
AUTOADVERT
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
3/28/2005  1:26 PM
jeez, do you read my posts at all? i already pointed out how Iverson's alley oop passes were making Iguodala look great the other night...other posters have already pointed out how Snow & McKie have benefitted from having Iverson on their teams as well...i pointed out how Dalembert's & Jackson's production have gone down as a direct result of playing on the same team sharing the same position.

FYI, the original debate is whether or not Iverson is a better player than Marbury...all this stuff about Iverson making his teammates better was something you wanted elaboration on...no matter what anyone says, it just seems to me you've totally closed off your opinions on Iverson even as you can draw many parallels to other elite players in the game who haven't been able to elevate the level of their own team's play this year...whether you think i'm changing the question or not doesn't change the fact that you have no logical explanation for what i asked.

if you don't have an answer to that we mine as well end this conversation here...i'm not trying to change your opinion on Iverson as i stated before...i just don't like inconsistency.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Bonn1997
USA
3/28/2005  1:55 PM
There's no inconsistency. You're just not reading carefully. I never disagreed with you when you said Iverson throws nice alley-oop passes to Igoudala. That doesn't mean he makes Igoudala a better player than a PG who tried to distribute the ball would. I'm sure any PG could throw nice alley-oop passes to Igoudala. I don't think any PG who takes 30 shots a game can also make his teammates better as I've explained in other posts. You're right that other posters "pointed out" that Iverson made Snow and McKie better. However, none of them could provide any response to the criticisms I had of that claim. You can claim anything. You can claim that Howard Eisley is the best PG in the world. If you can't defend the claim, though, the claim is worthless.

You're also right that this year Iverson will be in the playoffs most likely and Marbury, Kobe, and Garnett will be watching. However, just like one good game doesn't make up for three bad games, one season of finally making the playoffs doesn't make up for several consecutive years of missing the playoffs by Iverson and watching Marbury, Kobe, and Garnett make it for several years. Maybe it would even out if those three players missed the playoffs and watched Iverson for the next two or three years as well. Then they would have led their teams to the playoffs and draft lottery about an equal # of times. (It's still a bit of an unfair comparison because Iverson has a better supporting cast than Marbury or Garnett--C Webb is simply better than anyone those players have by a mile.)

[Edited by - Bonn1997 on 03/28/2005 13:56:17]
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
3/28/2005  2:05 PM
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Bonn1997
USA
3/28/2005  3:05 PM
You're the one who keeps asking me for my opinions. I was willing to just agree to disagree a long time ago.
and there's the END of the 04/05 season

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy