and there's the END of the 04/05 season
Author Thread
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
3/26/2005  1:26 AM
4.5 out with 15 games to go.

it's over, done, kaput.

now sweets can get 35 mins (why he didn't get it tonight, i'll never know) and ariza can get 30 mins.

penny can go and die in memphis.

butler should get minutes and marbury should be cut back to 30 mins a night.

and herb should get an extension.

anything else is all pointless.
AUTOADVERT
Cookdcokehop
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #880
USA
3/26/2005  1:31 AM
thank you ladies and gentlemen for watchin the 04-05 season,hope you enjoyed, but yeah thats pretty over with. now lets just hope we can get the #1 overall draft pick
-----------------
chris taft here we come
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
3/26/2005  1:39 AM
all I have to say is this, the refs have anally rapped us all year, nick collison scrub azz fouled marbury three times on those crucial drives, and no calls... I am really getting fed up with the NBA, which is closely resembling WWF, this league and the refs is so damn fake...

BTW: if stern really wants to improve play, call the game the way college does and take out the 3 point shot the last 5 minutes of the game, make teams play the game the right way......
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
Cookdcokehop
Member: #880
USA
3/26/2005  2:09 AM
Posted by tkf:

all I have to say is this, the refs have anally rapped us all year, nick collison scrub azz fouled marbury three times on those crucial drives, and no calls... I am really getting fed up with the NBA, which is closely resembling WWF, this league and the refs is so damn fake...

BTW: if stern really wants to improve play, call the game the way college does and take out the 3 point shot the last 5 minutes of the game, make teams play the game the right way......
well homie this aint ya fathers knicks. we dont get calls much our way n e more but we lost so many games by 6 points or less that we cant really blame it all on the ref. we blew more double digit leads than any team this year.
----------------
i bleed orange and blue
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
3/26/2005  2:57 AM
what this team needs in the worst way is a lineup of:
Butler
Sweetney
Ariza
Craw
Marbury

to see what we have going for us in the future while improving our draft position and absolutely doing whatever it takes to trade Kurt Thomas for a draft pick.
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
3/26/2005  8:29 AM
Posted by gunsnewing:

what this team needs in the worst way is a lineup of:
Butler
Sweetney
Ariza
Craw
Marbury

to see what we have going for us in the future while improving our draft position and absolutely doing whatever it takes to trade Kurt Thomas for a draft pick.

KT should go on the disabled list so he can mend his elbow and pinky.
misterearl
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #799
USA
3/26/2005  8:47 AM
>>it's over, done, kaput.

Stop crying. Basketball is a year-round sport.

As soon as the season is over the Draft happens.

Immediately after the draft is Summer League.

Immediately after Summer League is the World Series.

Then training camp starts.

The New York Knicks are headed in the right direction.

Enjoy The Ride
once a knick always a knick
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
3/26/2005  9:41 AM
Posted by misterearl:

Enjoy The Ride
Some people expected Isiah to fully turn around Isiah's mess in just one offseason. That's their unrealistic expectations and their problem.
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
3/26/2005  9:48 AM
Posted by Bonn1997:

Some people expected Isiah to fully turn around Isiah's mess in just one offseason. That's their unrealistic expectations and their problem.
Hey, I'm not losing any sleep over this season, but I don't think it was unreasonable to expect atleast a .500 team (presumably a little higher) and a round or two in the playoffs.
djsunyc
3/26/2005  2:13 PM
Posted by misterearl:

Enjoy The Ride

uhhh, nobody's crying here.

it's been over for over a month now. something i've been saying all along. there was no point for a playoff push and we needed to play our youngsters bigtime minutes. the "over, done, kaput" was for all the people still hanging on by a thread.

nobody's expected isiah to turn it around in one year. this season is done. and this surge didn't help matters either. we get a worse pick.

for once, i wish we took advantage of that january month, packed it in (by playing sweetney + ariza 35+ mins and marbury < 35 mins) and get a better pick out of it.

you bring up the draft, right? well we got an extra pick this year - that's a good thing. but now we have a WORSE lottery pick - that's a bad thing.

my post doesn't say jack about isiah, what he has done, or what he could do. just stating that we can FINALLY give up this playoff dream that's not happening and concentrate on what little we can do to "ACCOMPLISH" something this season.
djsunyc
3/26/2005  2:18 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by misterearl:

Enjoy The Ride

but how about after 2 trade deadlines, and 1 offseason, we now have a FULL roster with our lottery picks probably heading to IR next season? if we trade tim or penny, it will not be a two for one, we will take back MORE players b/c of the size of their deals. so we have the 3 picks this year, but will they make the roster? does butler return? just b/c it's been "ONLY" 2 trade deadlines and 1 offseason, doesn't mean he gets a free pass concerning our roster limitations.
djsunyc
3/26/2005  2:19 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:

Some people expected Isiah to fully turn around Isiah's mess in just one offseason.

now that's a freudian slip if i've ever heard one
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
3/26/2005  2:31 PM
Posted by djsunyc:
Posted by Bonn1997:

Some people expected Isiah to fully turn around Isiah's mess in just one offseason.

now that's a freudian slip if i've ever heard one
LOL! I hadnt picked up on that either..
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
3/26/2005  2:31 PM
its more management's philosophy to let talented young players rot on the bench then it is Isiah's imo
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
3/26/2005  2:53 PM
like i said in another thread, they needed to go 3-1 at least to come out of this road trip w/any realistic shot at contending for the 8th seed...they'll have to win out & come back & beat NJ at home if they want to seriously think about making the playoffs this year.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
simrud
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #474
USA
3/26/2005  6:19 PM
I think this team should have been .500 if not for the coaching blunder, which is really my biggest problem with IT at this point.

I think its pretty funny how defensive you guys are, noobody even attacked IT on this thread, and all of a sudden you get posts defending him. Truth hurts, don't it.
A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
3/26/2005  7:13 PM
I assume the Knicks would have gone .500 with the TT they had last year. With the TT they have this year, they don't have the talent to be a .500 team. They have Marbury and then four below average starters. That won't get you a winning record no matter how good Marbury is.
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
3/27/2005  1:51 AM
i don't get how you're going to call Jamal Crawford a below average starter...just what do you consider average?
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
3/27/2005  2:17 AM
KT is not below average. The way TT has been lately, he's not below average. Marbury has nice solid players to work with, especially KT for the pick and roll. I don't get where you are getting this below average stuff either.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
BRIGGS
Member: #303
3/27/2005  2:36 AM
Posted by TMS:

i don't get how you're going to call Jamal Crawford a below average starter...just what do you consider average?

I am hoping that this player can hone his skills and MOVE in for a higher % of medium range shots and more driving. I think it hurts his game that he sits behind the 3 pt line so much. He needs to move much more without the ball and try to stay inside the 3 pt line for most of the game. He should watch how Rip Hamilton plays SG, because I think he can exel if he played more like him.

I'd say that Crawford is pretty much an average SG. We invested heavily in him, this was isiah's crown jewel in the offseason. hes got a lot of talent, but he isnt a cerbreal player. Clyde was dead on tonight. why wasnt JC posting up 5-10 players? you know why? because he's a bit of a pssy, he doesnt like contact and he sits beyond the 3pt line to much.

when he grows some more cahones, when he is able to use his brain to think the game and put some heart into it, he could be a good player. until then he is an under acheiving inconsistent showboat type player

RIP Crushalot&#128542;
and there's the END of the 04/05 season

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy