[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

PSP IS HERE.......hide your money!!!!
Author Thread
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

3/23/2005  10:12 PM
This device is what all true gamers and tecj freaks have been waiting for.

It's going on sale tonight.....there are gonna be people lined up next to video games stores or at least they are preparing for it. In Japan kids camped out in front of stores to get one.

GameStop I know is gonna open the doors at 12 mid-night to sell the PSP. That's crazy...I already pre-ordered it.....the problem with that is it's for the stores second shipment!!!! Hopefully I get one before April 1st.

Anyone here got one? Gonna get one? Don't care? Got a Nintendo DS and pissed you gotta shell out another $250 for the PSP?
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
AUTOADVERT
MaRbUrYiSaKnIcK
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #737
USA
3/23/2005  10:40 PM
dude... ds was a waste man... im gettin PSP and twisted metal... the best game ever dude!
Marbury is finally home at MSG!
EnySpree

3/23/2005  11:42 PM
Posted by MaRbUrYiSaKnIcK:

dude... ds was a waste man... im gettin PSP and twisted metal... the best game ever dude!

I think the DS had no chance of sucseeding.

The PSP is so awesome....I passed on buying a IPOd because of the PSP. The just announced that the Memeory Stick duo is now up to 2 gigs. Of course is costs a arm an a leg for that little thing but the way I see it....why walk around with a IPOD and a PSP if the PSP plays music too. 2 gigs is 500 songs. Those Memory Stick Duo's are in every portable device Sony has just about. If it's on the disk the PSP can display it.

The system is awesome.

They are talking about this thing being a camera and a phone soon. They are also looking to make it a mini web browser too........

I simply can't wait till I get mine. Like I said I already pre-ordered it. I should get it soon.

Don't forget the UMD video's coming in mid April!

Doods in the hood will definately be on the prowl for one of these things. Watch your back in the streets fellas, lol.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
bigpimpin
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #801
USA
3/24/2005  6:41 PM
video gamers, lol
"Anyone who sits around waiting to hit the lottery, whether basketball or real life, in order to better their position is a loser."
s3231
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #544
USA
3/24/2005  6:56 PM
I have a DS right now and even though there aren't any good games out there yet, I think it will do fine once the better games start to come out. The PSP is very impressive, I had a chance to try it out but I just can't spend $250 for a portable video game system. I did have a chance at getting one today though, I was at Target and they had a bunch of them there but $250 in my opinion, is just too high of a price. If I didn't have a DS, I probably would have considered it more, but I just don't think I play enough portable games to justify paying that much money. When I do have the time to play video games, I would rather play on a console than on a portable system. Portable gaming to me is something that you do when you are on the go and have some free time or if you are in school and have a study period or something which is why I just can't pay that much money for something I will only end up playing like 2 hours a week.
"This is a very cautious situation that we're in. You have to be conservative in terms of using your assets and using them wisely. We're building for the future." - Zeke (I guess not protecting a first round pick is being conservative)
OasisBU
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #257
USA
3/24/2005  10:32 PM
Haha you guys are all crazy - XBOX 2 is coming out this year, why waste your time with toys?

Honestly PSP looks cool but like S3231 said, portable gaming just isnt something you do all that often. I have had many gameboys - and the older i get the less i use them. It isnt because I dont like games, I still use my XBOX all the time - but its just not something I do on the go anymore.

$250 for this thing? No thanks, i'll pick it up for $99 in the bargain bin in October.
"If at first you don't succeed, then maybe you just SUCK." Kenny Powers
EnySpree

3/25/2005  12:00 AM
Are you guys mad?

It's not just about portable gaming......

The darn thing plays UMD Video!!! The PSP came with Spider-Man 2. I watched the whole thing. It was awesome. The picture is the clearest thing I have seen. It was like having a plasma TV just laying on my desk. It was laid flat and I could still see the movie clear as day.

I didn't get a chance to get a bigger Memory Card but I will very soon and I will stick all my computers music on it. The 32mb stick only holds about 5 songs. Still the sound quality is awesome. The highest(and most expensive) stick is 2 gigs and that can hold 500 songs!

Plus all these little movies I have on the computer I could finally put them on a memory stick and play them on the PSP. It's crazy.

This is a media device people! This thing is awesome. I am currently not working because of my ACL tear and I still bought it. This thing does it all and there are gonna be add ons for your cell phone, camera, TV and web browser.

I'm looking at it now bro...it's beautiful.....I can't eat it but it's beautiful, lol

[Edited by - enyspree on 03/25/2005 00:03:10]
s3231
USA
3/25/2005  9:45 AM
Posted by EnySpree:

Are you guys mad?

It's not just about portable gaming......

The darn thing plays UMD Video!!! The PSP came with Spider-Man 2. I watched the whole thing. It was awesome. The picture is the clearest thing I have seen. It was like having a plasma TV just laying on my desk. It was laid flat and I could still see the movie clear as day.

I didn't get a chance to get a bigger Memory Card but I will very soon and I will stick all my computers music on it. The 32mb stick only holds about 5 songs. Still the sound quality is awesome. The highest(and most expensive) stick is 2 gigs and that can hold 500 songs!

Plus all these little movies I have on the computer I could finally put them on a memory stick and play them on the PSP. It's crazy.

This is a media device people! This thing is awesome. I am currently not working because of my ACL tear and I still bought it. This thing does it all and there are gonna be add ons for your cell phone, camera, TV and web browser.

I'm looking at it now bro...it's beautiful.....I can't eat it but it's beautiful, lol

[Edited by - enyspree on 03/25/2005 00:03:10]

I understand that its not just about portable gaming, I've been reading up on the PSP ever since it was shown at E3 and I tried it yesterday. I think its an incredible product (with a very nice launch lineup) but again, its not something I would use a lot. I'm not looking for something that can play movies because if I have the time to watch a movie I would rather watch one on my 52" TV or on my portable DVD player. As for my computer music, I burn the songs on CDs so if I want to listen to songs on the go thats why I have a portable CD player. Again, I like the PSP a lot, but I think its stupid that Sony couldn't give you a choice of paying $199 for the PSP itself, or the $250 for the PSP, the memory card, and Spiderman 2. Seriously, what would you rather buy with the $250 if you are a gamer, an Xbox and a Gamecube or a PSP?
"This is a very cautious situation that we're in. You have to be conservative in terms of using your assets and using them wisely. We're building for the future." - Zeke (I guess not protecting a first round pick is being conservative)
EnySpree

3/25/2005  11:17 AM
The thing about the PSP is that is does so much you don't have to carry everything.

I burned CD's but it's annoying to carry the clunky CD player as it is let alone carry all your CD's.

I never had a portable DVD cuz those things are too big.

On a long trip all you need is the PSP. It's an investment. All you would need is two extra memory cards...one for music the other for your video files off your computer....and oh yeah a few games. All that can fit in a jacket pocket. Sheeeeet man the memory cards and games can fit in your wallet!!!

How could you not love that? That's impressive.
EnySpree

3/25/2005  11:21 AM
Nothing beats console gaming....But if you got kids or if you are a freak like me this thing is awesome. I know for one thing the PSP is gonna get me in trouble when I get back to work.

The Kids can be in the back seat of a car pre-occupied with music, movies, pictures, and games.

I'm not ready to be on the train with it yet but geez man this is a really impressive piece of machinery.

Can I get a check?, lol!!!!
s3231
USA
3/25/2005  11:36 AM
Don't get me wrong, I love a lot of things about the PSP. I definitely agree with you that on a long trip, a PSP would be perfect. Other than those long trips however, I don't think I would have enough time to play it to justify the purchase. Maybe if I didn't have a DS I would be more inclined to buy a PSP, but I think the DS suits me better because it was cheaper, much more innovative in terms of gameplay (though there haven't really been a lot of games yet to show that), and it is good enough to pass time when I have the time to play a portable game. For others, the PSP might be the perfect fit. I'm not bashing Sony or anything, I just think it was dumb to release the PSP at such a high price. As I mentioned before, I think it would have been better if they gave gamers an option between getting the standard $199 PSP or getting the $250 package which has the PSP, Spiderman 2, and the memory card (or whatever it is) instead of just forcing them to shell out $250 which is not what they did with the Japanese release of the PSP. With that said, enjoy the PSP though, it is a great product from what I have seen and played so far.

[Edited by - s3231 on 03/25/2005 11:38:21]
EnySpree

3/25/2005  7:20 PM
I'm excited and I haven't bought a game yet, lol.

I've been playing music on it so far. It's pretty good with that. I gotta get a usb cord cuz right now I'm just removing the card and doing everything manually from my PC.

I'm trying to put some of these clips I got on the PSP.

I'm telling you guys man....if it had the right connections I would make love to it, lol!!! Just looking at it is unbelievable.

Hopefully this gadget will hold me me for a while......at least till the PS3 comes out!
matt
Member: #487
USA
3/25/2005  8:33 PM
Got a psp last night, and it's great. I could seriously see this taking out iPod, only because it does so much than play music. Anyone get the game WipEout Pure?
joec32033
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #583
USA
3/25/2005  9:00 PM
I agree with S3...I am gonna love this thing when I get it but pricing it just with packages is ridiculous...I have PS2, XBox and Gamecube...I bought my wife gameboy advance.....

I know I'll use the thing because I work in a factory and I tend to have sometime on my hands, but $250 and having to buy a package is ridiculous, IMO. I had to buy my XBox that way.

I was planning on waiting until they sold the PSP for around 150 or so, and maybe you get a game included after the initial furor dies down. Also I noticed that with Sony first run distributions almost always have a flaw and in like 6 months the PSP will be released thinner, lighter, and have better graphics and probably some other stuff that is not included on the origional.
~You can't run from who you are.~
EnySpree

3/25/2005  9:07 PM
Posted by joec32033:

Also I noticed that with Sony first run distributions almost always have a flaw and in like 6 months the PSP will be released thinner, lighter, and have better graphics and probably some other stuff that is not included on the origional.

Why you gotta say that?

The Japan version of it had plenty of flaws like the UMD door popping open while gaming and faulty buttons, etc.....

They supposedly fixed all that and the American model is actually and improved version.

Besides all it's wickedness.......it does seem a little fragile.

I don't care though........it seems to have some screws on the top like there will be an expantion to it. This things potential is greater than Trevor Ariza!!!!
OasisBU
Member: #257
USA
3/26/2005  5:43 PM
I think the PSP is awesome, I just wouldnt buy one. Besides I am an XBOX man - I love MSFT - ever since I got my XBOX I havent touched my PS2 so maybe thats why I am not head over heels with the PSP - its just a portable PS2 - granted it does more, but I have an IPOD, I have a Gameboy advance, I dont need to spend $250 on something I wont be using too often.

Now XBOX 2 - I will shell out the cash for that.

Wouldnt mind having a PSP just dont want to pay for it.
"If at first you don't succeed, then maybe you just SUCK." Kenny Powers
matt
USA
3/29/2005  7:29 PM
I posted this using PSP web browser.... Will Give link soon.
matt
USA
3/29/2005  7:32 PM
Okay, for anyone that wants to go on the web using psp, all you need is the game wipeout pure and a router. Then go to http://www.andrew.cmu.edu/user/jterlesk/psp/ for further instructions... Quite simple, just follow it. Legit too, haven't gotten any viruses or stuff like that either
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
3/31/2005  3:45 PM
Posted by joec32033:

I agree with S3...I am gonna love this thing when I get it but pricing it just with packages is ridiculous...I have PS2, XBox and Gamecube...I bought my wife gameboy advance.....

I know I'll use the thing because I work in a factory and I tend to have sometime on my hands, but $250 and having to buy a package is ridiculous, IMO. I had to buy my XBox that way.

I was planning on waiting until they sold the PSP for around 150 or so, and maybe you get a game included after the initial furor dies down. Also I noticed that with Sony first run distributions almost always have a flaw and in like 6 months the PSP will be released thinner, lighter, and have better graphics and probably some other stuff that is not included on the origional.

hey joe, you can get a free one if you sign up here:

http://www.FreePSPs.com/?r=16785651

i signed up for a credit card, but the dvd club or blockbuster offers are good too.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
ToddTT
Alba Posts: 52
Member: #105
3/31/2005  8:09 PM
Sheesh. Are we grown men here? You've got the time and money to waste on things like this?

By the way I got mine 8:00 AM the day it came out.
PSP IS HERE.......hide your money!!!!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy