[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Jamal Crawfford......
Author Thread
diderotn
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #650
USA
3/23/2005  1:41 PM
What LA really needs is a postup player and a catch and shoot big...Kurt and Sweet fit that mold nicely...With those two, LA really wouldn't miss the rebounding that O provides...
That team would be a disaster. Do not trust Tim Thomas. I wouldn't mind exploring a trade for Craw, but there's no way he nets us Odom. That would mean the Lakers got Butler, Grant, Crawford, Sweets and a late first rounder for SHAQ?!?!?! No. They need to get someone to overpay for Odom. Odom for Deng/Chandler or something like that. Odom to Dallas for Josh Howard/Dampier. Something that gives them size and grit. We have no size whatsoever.
The true Knickabocker..........
AUTOADVERT
MS
Member: #724
3/23/2005  1:50 PM
I thought a Crawford, Sweetney, Naz for Odom could have worked, and the Lakers would have been crazy not to add to their depth, that gives them versatility at 3-5 spots
diderotn
USA
3/23/2005  1:56 PM
Dude! are you having flash backssssssss,,,,did you say Nazr??

Posted by MS:

I thought a Crawford, Sweetney, Naz for Odom could have worked, and the Lakers would have been crazy not to add to their depth, that gives them versatility at 3-5 spots
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
3/23/2005  1:59 PM
Posted by diderotn:

What LA really needs is a postup player and a catch and shoot big...Kurt and Sweet fit that mold nicely...With those two, LA really wouldn't miss the rebounding that O provides...
That team would be a disaster. Do not trust Tim Thomas. I wouldn't mind exploring a trade for Craw, but there's no way he nets us Odom. That would mean the Lakers got Butler, Grant, Crawford, Sweets and a late first rounder for SHAQ?!?!?! No. They need to get someone to overpay for Odom. Odom for Deng/Chandler or something like that. Odom to Dallas for Josh Howard/Dampier. Something that gives them size and grit. We have no size whatsoever.

catch and shoot BIG. we have catch and shoot mediums. Odom is far bigger than either guy. no way.
¿ △ ?
diderotn
USA
3/23/2005  3:26 PM
Kurt....that is his specialty...With him on the court, Kobe would have 15 apg

catch and shoot BIG. we have catch and shoot mediums. Odom is far bigger than either guy. no way.
diderotn
USA
3/23/2005  3:33 PM
It is known that the best shooters are all in Europe minus Redd and Peja...We used to have a great shooter, but since his big contract, he has been sidelined and there is no telling about when he will be back.....I think that we should go to Europe and draft one of their best shooters...JJ Redick is projected to be a pretty good shooter, but will he come out????
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/23/2005  3:41 PM
"craw the clown" has toned it down under Herb! HIs shot count it down and he is handling the ball more! I don't care about stats, I care about ball movement, and he is doing better, and LEARNING while doing so!

The season is over, and the team is doing the right thing by experimenting and shelving Anfernee! I like the Jermain-Jackie thing, and Im ok with TT getting minutes to gain his confidence, and market value for next trading deadline in 11 months. A hot TT can help a team in need of some offense for a playoff run and an expiring contract. All We know, that team could be us! But he needs to leave the season on a good note. I just as soon seem him disappear as he is Gaz-E, but he is ours for now and I root for his return.

diderotn
USA
3/24/2005  9:50 AM
Crawf had a good game last night, and you could easily tell what type of night that he was going to have from his first 5 shot attempts....When he is on, he will normally shoot 50 percents from his first 5 shots....
diderotn
USA
3/24/2005  10:25 AM
Why is it that Crawf is so in-love with the 3 point shot???? out of 12 shots, he took 10 from long range.....no wonder why his shooting percentage is so horrendous
crzymdups
USA
3/24/2005  10:43 AM
Posted by diderotn:

Why is it that Crawf is so in-love with the 3 point shot???? out of 12 shots, he took 10 from long range.....no wonder why his shooting percentage is so horrendous

he made quite a few, didn't he? they're playing inside-out, meaning since Craw has no post game, he gets a lot of outside shots when the ball is moving. Phoenix takes a lot of threes. So does Miami. Good teams take and make lots of threes. I don't have a problem at all with Craw taking a three when he's wide open. I'd rather see that than his crossover, fade away jumpers from 18 feet with 20 seconds left on the shot clock.

I think Herb has done a GREAT job with Craw. I'm all for Herb getting the job next year at this point. Screw Phil Jax. Damn Larry Brown. Gimme Herb.
¿ △ ?
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
3/24/2005  10:49 AM
Most of Craw's misses are when he takes long jumpers or 3's off the dribble. He has a great handle and can get himself free, but he has to stop taking some of those riduclulous shots and instead drive to the basket. The biggest difference in his game is that he's been doing just that.

When he's open and set, he knocks down the 3 at a really, really good rate. What was he, 5 of 9 or 5/10 from downtown last night? And he was at least 5/7 or 5/8 when he was set.

Crawford's obviously listening and learning.
diderotn
USA
3/24/2005  11:06 AM
I don't mind a player shooting the 3 at all, I just like good percentage shots...Crawf has shown that he has yet to understand the difference between good percentage shots and bad ones...Now when the shot clock shows five second left, by all means take the 3 if that is your only choice....Crawf doesn't see it like that...He is a work in progress, and very coachable....that is a good thing..

Posted by crzymdups:

he made quite a few, didn't he? they're playing inside-out, meaning since Craw has no post game, he gets a lot of outside shots when the ball is moving. Phoenix takes a lot of threes. So does Miami. Good teams take and make lots of threes. I don't have a problem at all with Craw taking a three when he's wide open. I'd rather see that than his crossover, fade away jumpers from 18 feet with 20 seconds left on the shot clock.

I think Herb has done a GREAT job with Craw. I'm all for Herb getting the job next year at this point. Screw Phil Jax. Damn Larry Brown. Gimme Herb.
crzymdups
USA
3/24/2005  11:38 AM
Posted by VDesai:

He has a great handle and can get himself free, but he has to stop taking some of those riduclulous shots and instead drive to the basket.

Because when he drives and throws it off the backboard, no, that's not ridiculous AT ALL
¿ △ ?
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
3/24/2005  11:49 AM
Jamal's averaging 6.1 Assists per game this month. That's outstanding for a primarily SG with just a little backup time at PG.

TT's back to his usual 16/5 #s for the month.
diderotn
USA
3/28/2005  10:25 AM
Just thought that I would revive this thread...Finally, the media has discovered the real reason to our problems...Trade Crawf for a better shooting guard and draft pick..and while you are at it, get rid of Kurt also.

http://www.nypost.com/sports/knicks/43304.htmce to our problemssssss.sss.s.s.s.s.s.s.s

Jamal Crawfford......

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy