[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Jamal Crawfford......
Author Thread
diderotn
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #650
USA
3/23/2005  9:30 AM
How do you all really feel about this kid? in my opinion, we are criticizing a lot of players for our poor records, but Crawf's name has never came up with the criticism....We have chastized: Marb, TT, Kurt, Nazr, Penny, and Houston, but Crawf has gotten a free pass this far....He is our worst shooter, but he takes a lot more shots than most of our starters minus Marb...I do believe that a decision must be made with this dude...He is too frail and too inconsistant to be a SG, but has too much potential not to be on the court....Personally, I want Herb to really restrict this kid from shooting the rock...From his first 4 shots, one can easily tell what type of night Crawf will have,,,He is very stricky....Herb should give him 4 shots as a barometer,,,if he misses, reduce his role to solely playmaking...

He is and should be the 6th man....Isiah definitely has to draft or orchestrate a trade for a proven SG (the prototypical type 6'6") who is consitant as a scorer or a very good defender....

There are a lot of reasons for concern with this dude...When he takes a lot of shots, we normally lose...But when he collects a lot of assists, we usually win....the decision is simple

Holla at me....
The true Knickabocker..........
AUTOADVERT
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
3/23/2005  9:44 AM
how do you figure Crawford's gotten a free pass? i read posts complaining about his horrible shot selection & porous defense just about everyday on these forums.

[Edited by - TMS on 03/23/2005 09:44:49]
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
diderotn
USA
3/23/2005  9:51 AM
I have yet to read an article from any of the N.Y media criticizing Crawf the way they have criticized Marb, Houston, and TT

Posted by TMS:

how do you figure Crawford's gotten a free pass? i read posts complaining about his horrible shot selection & porous defense just about everyday on these forums.

[Edited by - TMS on 03/23/2005 09:44:49]
nykdunk
Member: #570
USA
3/23/2005  10:12 AM
Funny, whenever I come across Crawford's name in the paper, it is preceded by the word "erratic."
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
3/23/2005  10:24 AM
getting crawford was the equivalent of paying $55 mil for a late lottery pick last season.

he has come a LONG way since november but he has a LONG way to go. he's only 24 and has only been coached for about 5 years.

he needs to improve ALOT to justify his contract (case for just about every knick) but i'm glad we got him on the upswing of his career. we still need to get a start SG or move marbury to SG and get a starting PG b/c crawford, right now, is still a 6th man.
Clean
Member: #743
3/23/2005  10:28 AM
He has improved more this year with Herb then he has in 4 years with the bulls.
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
3/23/2005  10:33 AM
yeah, Craw since the all-star break has been great. somebody had to give up shots to get Tim Thomas more touches and so far its been Craw. Give him credit. He's using his play-making skills and making sure the team plays inside-out. I think part of the reason Craw looked bad early in the year was the lack of discipline in Lenny's offense.
¿ △ ?
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
3/23/2005  10:55 AM
Crawford has been criticized.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
diderotn
USA
3/23/2005  11:01 AM
Right on with that statement.....Lenny was a very undisciplined coach...Forget about how good of a coach he was for a minute, but he lost this franchise so many close games this season, which was a train that he followed from last season, it was absurd....he kept on encouraging Crawf to shoot the ball, instead of using him more as a play maker...However, I will also blame Marburry for that too...he is my boy, but as a floor leader, it is his responsibility to tell guys like Crawf to shy away from the 3s, especially when he is shooting 3 out of 12 from down range....

I think part of the reason Craw looked bad early in the year was the lack of discipline in Lenny's offense.
TheSage
Member: #386
3/23/2005  11:03 AM
Quite frankly Craw has been severly criticized for his excessive shooting, poor shot selection, poor decision making, poor defense and lack of aggressiveness in taking the rock to the hole. That having been said it also should be said that his shot making, decision making, team play, agressiveness and team play have improved dramatically. Yes, he still has a ways to go and will sometimes be guilty of those things for which he has been criticized but let's give the kid some credit in that his talent (which few can deny) has been more focused and the earlier criticism should be tempered.
diderotn
USA
3/23/2005  11:18 AM
Yes, he has been criticized by us on this board, but the media has toyed with Marburry and TT a lot more than they have with any of our other players...For whatever reason, they always blame all of our losses on a lack of killer instinct of Marb or the disappearance of TT, but never have they pointed out how bad of a shooter that Crawf really is...Frankly, I am sick and tired of the way they have criticized everything that Marb has done...The funny thing is that all those criticisms have affected Marb's game in many ways...he is so affected, he doesn't even want to take the last shots that he was accustomed of taking early on in his career...and that in my opinion is one of the reasons why our records is so bad..Marb has lost his killer instinct, because he is affraid of being chastised in the media for being selfish...When he dishes to guys like Kurt or Crawf, they miss, he gets criticized...
Posted by TheSage:

Quite frankly Craw has been severly criticized for his excessive shooting, poor shot selection, poor decision making, poor defense and lack of aggressiveness in taking the rock to the hole. That having been said it also should be said that his shot making, decision making, team play, agressiveness and team play have improved dramatically. Yes, he still has a ways to go and will sometimes be guilty of those things for which he has been criticized but let's give the kid some credit in that his talent (which few can deny) has been more focused and the earlier criticism should be tempered.
simrud
Member: #474
USA
3/23/2005  11:47 AM
We knew what we were gettin in Craw, and so far he has even done better then I expected.

He is young, has yet to play for a winnin team, he is just learning how to play basketball the right way right now.

The question is will he ever learn? He certainly has the talent, time will tell.
A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
diderotn
USA
3/23/2005  11:54 AM
That is why it is important for Herb or Isiah to minimize his shooting, especially from down range until he can improve his production....He really doesn't have to take that many shots, because if you think about it, we have other guys that are know for their scoring abilities....Force him to become a playmaker first, and the Knicks will benefit greatly...
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
3/23/2005  11:57 AM
He has become pretty quiet in recent games. Crawford is actually a good shooter, but his % is so low, b/c he takes so many bad shots, even on these "Quiet days." He doesn't take as many shots, but he still hasn't quite learned shot selection. If there's a 3 he likes, no matter who is near him, and no matter how much time is on the shot clock, he's gonna jack it up. He's got to improve that and work on his mid range game, plus take it to the hoop more. He rarely does this anymore. Allan Houston probably took it strong to the glass more than Crawf, in his youngin' days. Like I said, I got another year of patience for Crawf, and if he doesn't improve his shot selection at nor improve his defense. Goodbye. Same with Marbury. If his defense still sucks in a year, goodbye.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
diderotn
USA
3/23/2005  12:08 PM
Again, one can easily tell what type of shooting night Crawf will have....From his first 5 shots, you will have a pretty good indication of his final result...If you give him five shots in the first half, on most occasions, he will use them all shooting 3s. when he does that, and fails to shoot at least 50%, tighten his bolts...tell him to play more as a play maker.....That is all...and I think that Herb is doing a pretty good job at that so far...
MS
Member: #724
3/23/2005  12:12 PM
We really need to see what we can get in return for Crawford, I saw we really go hard after odom, or even a Carlos Boozer......

I think LA would listen if the right deal presented itself, considering they are going no where and odom doesn't work with Kobe...Some combination of Crawford/late first round pick, Kurt or Sweets could get a deal done....

Then you would still have a nice young core in Steph, Odom, Ariza, and two picks left to take young players, maybe Warrick or Taft and a Jack or Garcia....

The Lakers will listen.......adding two young players and a late pick to go with their pick and mid-level would give them a chance to make some moves, they get a player that can play the point, and a young powerfoward.....while keeping butler
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
3/23/2005  1:02 PM
Posted by djsunyc:

getting crawford was the equivalent of paying $55 mil for a late lottery pick last season.
That's actually how I look at it too. And since I don't care about payroll, I think it was a good gamble. We gave up guys who were not a part of the team's future (Mutombo, Harrington, Frank Williams, and Trybanski) to get the "equivalent of a lottery pick"
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
3/23/2005  1:12 PM
Posted by diderotn:

Yes, he has been criticized by us on this board, but the media has toyed with Marburry and TT a lot more than they have with any of our other players.

in your original post weren't you referring to the general board's lack of criticism on JC?

How do you all really feel about this kid? in my opinion, we are criticizing a lot of players for our poor records, but Crawf's name has never came up with the criticism....We have chastized: Marb, TT, Kurt, Nazr, Penny, and Houston, but Crawf has gotten a free pass this far

anyway, i think the papers have been fair regarding Jamal Crawford...no one has gone over the top in their praise of him, & i've read articles that cite the Knicks' obvious shortcomings in their perimeter defense.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
diderotn
USA
3/23/2005  1:29 PM
The only way for us to get Odom will be to give LA a combo of Sweetney and Crawff, in my opinion, it is well worth it...However we will need a catch and shoot SG a la Michael Redd because we would have too many players that would dominate the ball....Odom needs to have the ball to be effective..However, if he is featured as the primary ball handler with Marb as the main orchestrator, he may prove to be an excellent move, but we would have to use him at the same capacity that Miami used him...Kareem Rush is one of those SGs that would look nice in this system...

Marb
Rush
TT if not traded
Odom
Bogut, or another youngin...(because we can package Kurt and another player for a high draft pick...)

Posted by MS:

We really need to see what we can get in return for Crawford, I saw we really go hard after odom, or even a Carlos Boozer......

I think LA would listen if the right deal presented itself, considering they are going no where and odom doesn't work with Kobe...Some combination of Crawford/late first round pick, Kurt or Sweets could get a deal done....

Then you would still have a nice young core in Steph, Odom, Ariza, and two picks left to take young players, maybe Warrick or Taft and a Jack or Garcia....

The Lakers will listen.......adding two young players and a late pick to go with their pick and mid-level would give them a chance to make some moves, they get a player that can play the point, and a young powerfoward.....while keeping butler
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
3/23/2005  1:33 PM
Posted by diderotn:

Marb
Rush
TT if not traded
Odom
Bogut, or another youngin...(because we can package Kurt and another player for a high draft pick...)

That team would be a disaster. Do not trust Tim Thomas. I wouldn't mind exploring a trade for Craw, but there's no way he nets us Odom. That would mean the Lakers got Butler, Grant, Crawford, Sweets and a late first rounder for SHAQ?!?!?! No. They need to get someone to overpay for Odom. Odom for Deng/Chandler or something like that. Odom to Dallas for Josh Howard/Dampier. Something that gives them size and grit. We have no size whatsoever.
¿ △ ?
Jamal Crawfford......

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy