[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Bonds may be out for season
Author Thread
Kwazimodal
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #728
3/22/2005  2:27 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/baseball/mlb/specials/spring_training/2005/03/22/bonds.out.ap/index.html?cnn=yes

Maybe he will do us a favor and retire......
AUTOADVERT
Kwazimodal
3/22/2005  2:29 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2018994

dejected Barry Bonds said Tuesday that there's a chance he might not return this season because of multiple knee surgeries.

Bonds

"Right now I'm just going to try to rehab myself back to, I don't know, hopefully next season, hopefully middle of the season. I don't know," Bonds said. "Right now I'm just gonna take things slow. I feel bad for the guys because I want to be out there for them."

When asked directly if he said he might not be back until mid-season or next season, Bonds answered, "Maybe. I told you that before I left, remember? You thought I was joking."

Bonds arrived on crutches at spring camp Tuesday, bringing his son, Nikolai, to meet with members of the media.

While Bonds was defiant and confrontational during his first press conference of the spring Feb. 22, he was despondent Tuesday, using the word "tired" 14 times during his approximate 10-minutes session.

“ You wanted me to jump off the bridge, I finally have jumped. You wanted the bring me down, you've finally brought me and my family down. Finally done it. From everybody, all of you. So now go pick a different person. ”
— Barry Bonds

"I really don't have much to say anymore," Bonds said. "My son and I just going to enjoy life. My family's tired. You guys [the media] wanted to hurt me bad enough, you finally got there.

"You wanted me to jump off the bridge, I finally have jumped. You wanted the bring me down, you've finally brought me and my family down. Finally done it. From everybody, all of you. So now go pick a different person. I'm done. Do the best I can, that's about it."

Asked if there was something specific he was talking about Bonds said, "Inner hurt, physical, mentally. Done. I'm mentally drained. I'm tired of my kids crying. Tired."

Bonds originally underwent knee surgery on Jan. 31. Four days later he accidentally hit his knee on a table at SBC Park in San Francisco and the knee had periods of swelling. An MRI last week revealed further tears in the knee.

Giants trainer Stan Conte said there was no way of knowing whether the incident on Feb. 4 caused further damage.

"And we don't care," Conte said. "We're starting with a clean slate. We'll try to get it right."

Bonds begins the season third on the career homers list with 703, trailing Babe Ruth (714) and Hank Aaron (755).

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
3/22/2005  3:01 PM
This guy has some nerve. What a liar! First he lies to a Grand Jury, then he tells us he is taking time off cause he wants to rehab and rest!? Come on, we can see right through it right Kwazimodal? This guy is just trying to hide from steroid testing.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
Kwazimodal
3/22/2005  4:56 PM
I agree Silverfuel.Id have a hard time watching baseball if Bonds became home run champ.Id feel cheated as a fan.Bunch of times I swore I wouldnt put up with MLB anymore but this time Bonds may do it.
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
3/22/2005  8:58 PM
Guy is the ultimate narcissist and phoney. I can't stand him.
bigpimpin
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #801
USA
3/24/2005  6:40 PM
Bonds needs to go home and take more steroids and he will be just fine.

People don't hit more homeruns as they become older. Wake up people!
The guy is a disgrace to the game
"Anyone who sits around waiting to hit the lottery, whether basketball or real life, in order to better their position is a loser."
Bonds may be out for season

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy