[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Flame me with this trade ..
Author Thread
DaKidd
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #209
USA
3/26/2002  2:06 PM
But this could help the Knicks' cap space ..

Thing is, would you part with Camby and Spree for 1st rounders and cap space?

Here's the trade ..

New York trades:
C Marcus Camby
SG Latrell Sprewell
SF Shandon Anderson
PG Howard Eisley
Rights to JVG

New York receives:
PG Penny Hardaway
PF Bo Outlaw
PF Tom Gugliotta
2002 1st rounder

TRADE ACCEPTED

PHX's line-up after trade ..

C Jake Tsakilidis - Jake Voshkul
PF Marcus Camby - Shawn marion
SF Shawn Marion - Shandon Anderson
SG Latrell Sprewell - Joe Johnson
PG Stephon Marbury - Howard Eisley

This is a much more balanced line-up plus they get rid of unhappy Penny and ship him out East. They also get the triumvirate of Camby, Spree and JVG, all of whom who lved to play with each other in the Knicks ..

Imagine a fastbreak of Spree, Marion and Marbury and Camby as the trailer ..

NYK's line-up after trade ..

C Kurt Thomas - Travis Knight
PF Drew Gooden (taken w/ our pick) - Tom Gugliotta
SF Caron Butler (taken w/ PHX's pick) - Bo Outlaw
SG Allan Houston - Penny Hardaway
PG Marc Jackson - Charlie Ward

We get 2 1st rounders so you could pick whoever you want ..

Maybe a combo of Stoudemire/Jeffries? or Ming/Butler? You decide who you're going to take with 2 picks in the top 10 range ..

We get rid of Eisley and Anderson's contract and ship them off to a team that could use them ..

Googs, Ward and Jackson's contract comes off the books in 2003 ..

All in all, by giving up Spree, Camby and JVG, we get CAP SPACE PLUS REBUILDING PARTS IN OUR 2 FIRST ROUNDERS ..
AUTOADVERT
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
3/26/2002  2:40 PM
I like that, but I think the Knicks should be able to get Starbury instead of Penny. That is a lot they're giving up, and JVG's rights. I'll do that in a heartbeat, Knicks starting Starbury, Houston, Butler, Gooden/Stoudemire/Wilcox, and Thomas. That should be a bad enough team to get a number 1 in 2003 and we'd have cap space. Wow, I'm really liking that.
#Knickstaps
BigSm00th
USA
3/26/2002  3:12 PM
And with the Knicks second rounder this year they could draft a tall guy, like Chris Cristofferson on Orgeon to backup Thomas, just to put a body there. And to just get rid of Felton "For Hire" Spencer.
#Knickstaps
Caseloads
Member: #41
3/26/2002  3:16 PM
Posted by DaKidd:

But this could help the Knicks' cap space ..

Thing is, would you part with Camby and Spree for 1st rounders and cap space?

Here's the trade ..

New York trades:
C Marcus Camby
SG Latrell Sprewell
SF Shandon Anderson
PG Howard Eisley
Rights to JVG

New York receives:
PG Penny Hardaway
PF Bo Outlaw
PF Tom Gugliotta
2002 1st rounder

TRADE ACCEPTED

PHX's line-up after trade ..

C Jake Tsakilidis - Jake Voshkul
PF Marcus Camby - Shawn marion
SF Shawn Marion - Shandon Anderson
SG Latrell Sprewell - Joe Johnson
PG Stephon Marbury - Howard Eisley

This is a much more balanced line-up plus they get rid of unhappy Penny and ship him out East. They also get the triumvirate of Camby, Spree and JVG, all of whom who lved to play with each other in the Knicks ..

Imagine a fastbreak of Spree, Marion and Marbury and Camby as the trailer ..

NYK's line-up after trade ..

C Kurt Thomas - Travis Knight
PF Drew Gooden (taken w/ our pick) - Tom Gugliotta
SF Caron Butler (taken w/ PHX's pick) - Bo Outlaw
PG Marc Jackson - Charlie Ward

We get 2 1st rounders so you could pick whoever you want ..

Maybe a combo of Stoudemire/Jeffries? or Ming/Butler? You decide who you're going to take with 2 picks in the top 10 range ..

We get rid of Eisley and Anderson's contract and ship them off to a team that could use them ..

Googs, Ward and Jackson's contract comes off the books in 2003 ..

All in all, by giving up Spree, Camby and JVG, we get CAP SPACE PLUS REBUILDING PARTS IN OUR 2 FIRST ROUNDERS ..
Nice trade. Deal Houston instead of Spree - and no Marbury, the guy is a cancer.
BigSm00th
USA
3/26/2002  4:46 PM
Ah, I don't know, he clashed with Garnett, but NJ he had no help. Everyone is saying how great Kidd is, you put Marbury there they might be just as good. They brought in MacCulloch, Martin in his second year, Van Horn moved to 3, and Kittles healthy. Either way, I'd do it, but I'd want him, especially to bring him back to NY.
#Knickstaps
DaKidd
USA
3/26/2002  6:21 PM
A much more "fair" trade for PHX ..

New York trades:
C Marcus Camby
SG Latrell Sprewell
SF Shandon Anderson
PG Charlie Ward (contract expires 2003)
Rights to JVG

New York receives:
PG Randy Brown (contract expires 2003)
SG Penny Hardaway
PF Bo Outlaw
PF Tom Gugliotta (contract expires 2003)
2002 1st rounder

TRADE ACCEPTED

1st round picks ..

Drew Gooden
Caron Butler

2nd round pick .. (c/o BigSmooth)

Chris Christoffersen

Final Line-up of Knicks next year

C Kurt Thomas - Christoffersen
PF Drew Gooden - Tom Gugliotta
SF Caron Butler - Bo Outlaw
PG Mark Jackson - Howard Eisley
nyvector16
Member: #130
USA
3/26/2002  6:53 PM
I would do any of these trades in order to get into the Lebron James race. I would also explore the possobility of trading Mark Jackson to Indiana for their 1st Rounder...
DaKidd
USA
3/26/2002  8:26 PM
Posted by nyvector16:

I would do any of these trades in order to get into the Lebron James race. I would also explore the possobility of trading Mark Jackson to Indiana for their 1st Rounder...

Indiana's trying to get younger and not older ..
BigSm00th
USA
3/27/2002  12:26 AM
Penny would be forced to play point though if they did get LeBron James, because he would need to get playing time @ 2 behind Houston and wouldn't be able to play if Penny backed up Houston. And I think whichever power forward we draft, we should keep at power forward and keep Thomas at center since he has thrived at playing that pos. since Camby went down. Fatih Solak or Christofferson I would take in the 2nd round. Indiana might do the Jackson trade for a future 1st rounder, but I doubt this year. Thomas has said he wanted a better backup and a veteran backup for Tinsley would be even better, though he has Isaiah himself to tutor him. Still, very nice trade, someone should page Layden.
#Knickstaps
VG
Member: #68
Australia
3/27/2002  1:29 AM
When does Penny's contract expire?? It seems like a good deal to me, definitely a good step forward cap-wise...
Caseloads
3/27/2002  8:40 AM
Posted by BigSm00th:

Penny would be forced to play point though if they did get LeBron James, because he would need to get playing time @ 2 behind Houston and wouldn't be able to play if Penny backed up Houston. And I think whichever power forward we draft, we should keep at power forward and keep Thomas at center since he has thrived at playing that pos. since Camby went down. Fatih Solak or Christofferson I would take in the 2nd round. Indiana might do the Jackson trade for a future 1st rounder, but I doubt this year. Thomas has said he wanted a better backup and a veteran backup for Tinsley would be even better, though he has Isaiah himself to tutor him. Still, very nice trade, someone should page Layden.
Indy wants Jax.
DaKidd
USA
3/27/2002  10:26 AM
Posted by Caseloads:
Posted by BigSm00th:

Indy wants Jax.

For a first rounder? I don't think so.

Secound rounder, yes, but do you really want to be that unloyal to Jackson? I mean, we all know what happened when we forced LJ to retire right?
Caseloads
3/27/2002  3:46 PM
Posted by DaKidd:
Posted by Caseloads:
Posted by BigSm00th:

Indy wants Jax.

Secound rounder, yes, but do you really want to be that unloyal to Jackson? I mean, we all know what happened when we forced LJ to retire right?
Indy wants Jax, they don't need any more young guys (hence they'd deal their first rounder), they need to develop the ballers they have right now. Jax's contract ends soon, and they want to have a mentor for Tinsley. Jax wants to return to Indy, a team that has some sort of future, and his best friend is Reggie Miller and wants to link up with him again in the backcourt. The only thing is that Jax hates Isiah Thomas and wouldn't listen to him.
DaKidd
USA
3/27/2002  5:27 PM
Posted by Caseloads:
Posted by DaKidd:
Posted by Caseloads:
Posted by BigSm00th:

Indy wants Jax.

Indy wants Jax, they don't need any more young guys (hence they'd deal their first rounder), they need to develop the ballers they have right now. Jax's contract ends soon, and they want to have a mentor for Tinsley. Jax wants to return to Indy, a team that has some sort of future, and his best friend is Reggie Miller and wants to link up with him again in the backcourt. The only thing is that Jax hates Isiah Thomas and wouldn't listen to him.

I just don't see Jax retiring in a uniform other than the Knicks .. Layden would be a fool to let him go since he's the only veteran playmaker that the Knicks have ..

Indy might give up its first-rounder but not at the expense of a PG that doesn't know how drive inside the paint.. I don't know, that's my opinion ..

Altough I would give Mark Jackson for a chance to have 3 first round picks in next year's draft .. Then when he retires, probably offer him a position in the Knick organization ..
DaKidd
USA
3/27/2002  6:00 PM
Offseason Plan Finalized ..

#1. TRADE WITH PHX
New York trades:
C Marcus Camby
SG Latrell Sprewell
SF Shandon Anderson
PG Charlie Ward (contract expires 2003)
Rights to JVG

New York receives:
PG Randy Brown (contract expires 2003)
SG Penny Hardaway
PF Bo Outlaw
PF Tom Gugliotta (contract expires 2003)
2002 1st rounder

TRADE ACCEPTED

#2. TRADE WITH BOS
New York trades:
PF Clarence Weatherspoon
2nd rounder

New York receives:
C Vitaly Potapenko

TRADE ACCEPTED

Final Knicks Line-up

C Kurt Thomas - Vitaly Potapenko
PF Drew Gooden - Tom Gugliotta
SF Caron Butler - Bo Outlaw
PG Mark Jackson - Howard Eisley
nyvector16
Member: #130
USA
3/27/2002  7:07 PM
Although jackson is a decent point guard.. I really think he would hold us back in the future.. I say dump him now if anyone is willing to take him.. the guy is not fast at all and has no drive to the basket move... anyways.. that's just my opinion...
BigSm00th
USA
3/27/2002  7:09 PM
He's a point though, he sets people up nicely and only shoots when open. I doubt Boston does that move.
#Knickstaps
DaKidd
USA
3/27/2002  9:24 PM
Posted by BigSm00th:

I doubt Boston does that move.

I'm thinking Boston has Tony "Batman" Battie and Mark Blount as their Centers .. That makes Potapenko and his large contract expendable ..

On the other hand, Spoon has the same contract as Potapenko and Boston could need another SF/PF right now to mix with a handful of their Guards (Anderson, Delk, Strickland, Brown, Forte and Paul Pierce) .. Boston needs a banger inside other than Rogers and Walker (well, occasionally)

The kicker in this trade is our 2nd rounder .. Next year's draft is going to be deep and they could snag another banger (Daruis Songalia of Wake Forest) in the 2nd round of next year's draft ..
Flame me with this trade ..

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy